Critical Miss: LESBIANS

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Wow I'm really slow today, took me a while to get it.

Good one, well played.

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
Oi! I was promised lesbians! Now deliver, damnit!

*slams fist

But yeah, if there's a joke, I don't get it.

scienceguy8

Sep 1, 2008
Is that a monitor in the second pannel? Is the boss so evil that she keeps a security camera pointed upon each of her overworked peons?

Cephei Mordred

Jul 23, 2011
Fronzel said:
Hambeast?

What is it with people insulting Stout with things that don't make sense given her character design? She's been called titless, but she's clearly drawn with an average bust. Now she's being called fat when she's a little bit scrawny if anything.

It's especially weird since lately they've clearly started trying to use Erin as sex appeal.
It's pretty simple, actually: When women want to bully other women, they will often engage in verbal and emotional abuse, trying to make them feel like they don't measure up to the alledged platonic ideal of womanhood. In this case, Sharon is trying to give Erin body image issues, or else trying to play off ones that Erin might already have.

On an unrelated note: needs more Penny.

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
Was it me or were the characters in this strip ACTUALLY cuter?... or was that the point... DAMN YOU SUBTLETY!!!

Ekonk

Apr 21, 2009
"9 tips on how to look good eating dick"

My sentiments exactly about those fucking magazines.

Feb 13, 2008
believer258 said:
And yes, I admittedly saw "Lesbians" and clicked. It was like an impulse reaction. If you want someone to read something, title it "Lesbian" and no matter what it's about, they'll read it.
Someone, please explain in clear, concise language for dummies.
Got it?

Feb 13, 2008
believer258 said:
The_root_of_all_evil said:
believer258 said:
And yes, I admittedly saw "Lesbians" and clicked. It was like an impulse reaction. If you want someone to read something, title it "Lesbian" and no matter what it's about, they'll read it.
Someone, please explain in clear, concise language for dummies.
Got it?
Oh.

Oh!

I guess I got it subconsciously and didn't realize it...
Hence the answer to the second question..."When I do it, it's satire".

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
That came out of nowhere...

Not sure if it is parody of randomly making your characters lesbians to increase traffic (and fan art) or playing it straight unironically.

gostlyfantom

Jan 22, 2011
Not G. Ivingname said:
That came out of nowhere...

Not sure if it is parody of randomly making your characters lesbians to increase traffic (and fan art) or playing it straight unironically.
they are not lesbians, he is parodying all the misleading article titles that the escapist uses....i think.

Lucane

Mar 24, 2008
Cap said:
I spotted a much subtler dick joke in the last panel. Can anyone else?

Also, I found this strip highly amusing.
Oh did you mean on the poster? Yeah I had to enlarge a few times but I couldn't read the bottom right one clearly.

Vogue

1:We ask Jason Statham if he will marry you and give you his money

2:How to look good eatin dick

3:I'm not sure what tags on Vogue Magazine are supposed to be about.

4:???

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Vrach said:
Aye, I guessed, was just unsure with the whole internet text vs. tone of message thing. Also, cheers for a new word :p
It's also not like I should expect everyone to know my views, either. I've commented a few times, but I ignored the spiders one, so I didn't comment there. And anyway, it's not a given someone will notice the trend even if they've read every thread I've commented in. ;)

Just make sure you spell it right. It's facetious. I screwed up the first time (and only noticed reading your quote....LOL)

Bloodstain

Jun 20, 2009
Oh hi, Escapist [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/features/9024-The-Accidental-Lesbian].
Yup.