Critical Miss: LESBIANS

ParkourMcGhee

Jan 4, 2008
Wandrecanada said:
zombie711 said:
Queen Michael said:
Cap said:
I spotted a much subtler dick joke in the last panel. Can anyone else?

Also, I found this strip highly amusing.
I can't. What is it?
On the vouge magazine, in the cornor it say "7 tips on how to look good latin dick". I dont get it but its there.
I was under the impression that it was baitin dick not latin dick... you gelatinous hambeast.
zombie711 said:
Queen Michael said:
Cap said:
I spotted a much subtler dick joke in the last panel. Can anyone else?

Also, I found this strip highly amusing.
I can't. What is it?
On the vouge magazine, in the cornor it say "7 tips on how to look good latin dick". I dont get it but its there.
And I'm fairly sure it says EATIN' DICK - and I have glasses, so I win. (also mine makes the most sense - ? tips on how to look good eatin' dick)

I still don't get the main joke, maybe I'm just slow :S

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
Zachary Amaranth said:
Vrach said:
Aye, I guessed, was just unsure with the whole internet text vs. tone of message thing. Also, cheers for a new word :p
It's also not like I should expect everyone to know my views, either. I've commented a few times, but I ignored the spiders one, so I didn't comment there. And anyway, it's not a given someone will notice the trend even if they've read every thread I've commented in. ;)

Just make sure you spell it right. It's facetious. I screwed up the first time (and only noticed reading your quote....LOL)
Yep, noticed while googling it up - also Mozilla lit it up when I quoted ya :p

freaper

snuggere mongool
Apr 3, 2010
The_root_of_all_evil said:
believer258 said:
believer258 said:
And yes, I admittedly saw "Lesbians" and clicked. It was like an impulse reaction. If you want someone to read something, title it "Lesbian" and no matter what it's about, they'll read it.
Someone, please explain in clear, concise language for dummies.
Got it?
Oh.

Oh!

I guess I got it subconsciously and didn't realize it...
Hence the answer to the second question..."When I do it, it's satire".
Ah, well... I had figured that out, but I thought there was something more...something deeper *Inception soundtrack*

PsiMatrix

Gray Jedi
Feb 4, 2008
I came expecting something funny.

If it is about the misleading Escapist titles; yeah, that might've worked if this wasn't ON the Escapist.

believer258 said:
freaper said:
Still waiting for people to explain what joke was made here...
Macgyvercas said:
Oi! I was promised lesbians! Now deliver, damnit!

*slams fist

But yeah, if there's a joke, I don't get it.
You two aren't the only ones.

Someone, please explain in clear, concise language for dummies. I am fucking lost. I have looked at everything, from the magazine that says Jason Statham and gives dick-sucking tips to the shelf with Knuckles, Bowser, and what I think is a special toy? I've looked through everything and I'm completely missing something. Is it a reference or what?

And yes, I admittedly saw "Lesbians" and clicked. It was like an impulse reaction. If you want someone to read something, title it "Lesbian" and no matter what it's about, they'll read it.
Well then I'm wierd because I clicked on it because it was Critical Miss.

The Random One

May 29, 2008
Heh heh, I like this one. Very subtle.

I thought at first the words that were driving trafic were 'gelatinous hambeast'. Someone get Pee Wee Herman in here!

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
believer258 said:
believer258 said:
Someone, please explain in clear, concise language for dummies.
Got it?
Oh.

Oh!

I guess I got it subconsciously and didn't realize it...
This was one comic where you almost had to read writers comments to get the joke.

To answer your questions:

"No, neither of them," and "it's satire when I do it."
Once you read that, it suddenly makes a lot more sense. Honestly, I figured out what the second question was supposed to be first and the first one second.

mikespoff

Oct 29, 2009
...and now I've got AWOLNATION's "Sail" stuck in my head...

Well played, sirs, well played.

Sixcess

Feb 27, 2010
Just in case you haven't noticed, when the strip was posted the 4th panel was missing.

You know, the one where the two of them start passionately making out on top of the desk.

Please fix.

RTR

Mar 22, 2008
Greyah said:
For some reason, I initially thought it would be about Scott Pilgrim. Still, quite funny as always.
I knew I wasn't the only one who thought of Scott Pilgrim

L4Y Duke

Nov 24, 2007
I shall assume that the answer "No, neither of them" is referring to questions about the sexuality of the two women featured in today's strip, in reference to them being of a same-gender preference.

This actually answers a question I have lately been wrestling (figuratively) with in regards to the relationship between Erin and Mol (The red-head as featured in the last strip)

However, this does still leave Mol's preference up for debate and interpretation.

ShadowsofHope

Outsider
Nov 1, 2009
That was incredibly evil of you, tricking me into a comic article that most clearly was not about lesbians, with that provocative title.

Also, yes. I got the point of the comic.

Sixcess said:
Just in case you haven't noticed, when the strip was posted the 4th panel was missing.

You know, the one where the two of them start passionately making out on top of the desk.

Please fix.
I also demand this in compensation for such, Critical Miss!
[sub]Sad Panda[/sub]

Soak

Sep 21, 2010
That kind of humour is part of the reason i like Critical Miss so much. Nice one.
But i think you forgot something, or did you already murder the goat? You know, it's mandatory!

(Because sarcasm isn't always possible to be read: i don't realy think this one will collect to much publicity, but from the escapist readers themselves, so technically you are skipping step 3, which is ok ;)