Critical Miss: Norks in the Hooters

Irony's Acolyte

Back from the Depths
Mar 9, 2010
I always found the fact that you needed to defend Burger Town in MW2 somewhat amusing. It was also interesting to fight in a suburban area rather than your typical "long abandoned town" or "stereotypical middle-eastern village". The fact that I live in such an area made it more relevant to me, I guess you could say.

Of course I actually like Red Dawn somewhat. Sure it's out of date with it's Cold War fears, but I still like it. And yes during the "Wolverines" mission in MW2 I couldn't help but yell out "Wolverines!" when I first saw the Russian paratroopers dropping in overhead (and I hadn't seen the title for the mission yet either, that's the funny thing).

And apparently the rodent (rat? guinea pig?) beat the rock at the staring contest.

Crimsane

Apr 11, 2009
Wait... there are still people who play FPS games while completely sober? I need to at least get slightly baked first.

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
Ghengis John said:
AVEEEEEEENGE ME!!!!!

(as a side note I love how the Red Dawn guy is like "I think I may have found my new calling, video games!" Cause where else would this fly, right?)

WOLVERINES!!!! secondly I lol'd at this despite everyone's hostile humor directed at my country.......seriously I feel as though I'm being singled out :(

newwiseman

Aug 27, 2010
Yes, lol me and my country men.

BTW who didn't appreciate the Red Dawn nod in Hot Tub Time Machine?

Scars Unseen

^ ^ v v < > < > B A
May 7, 2009
So let me get this straight. There is an actual scenario in this game where you have to attack people in order to free Hooters? Are we sure this isn't Duke Nukem?

AssassinJoe

Oct 1, 2010
Patton662 said:
Dear America, the cold war ended 22 years ago. Commies aren't a threat any more.
Too few shooters out there not centred around the USA.
Dear whatever country you're from,
Yeah, we know the cold war is over. But we have to be afraid of something. And since it's "wrong" to portray terrorists in a game, Commies are all we got.

Seriously though, there should be more shooters centred around other countries. So, why don't other countries make them? I may be talking out of my ass here, but it seems that America is the only country making these kinds of games. I'm probably wrong, but I think that other countries could make shooters centred around their own countries but they don't.

KhakiHat

Dec 28, 2008
WanderingFool said:
... If anything, Red Dawn is a comedy now and days...
I loled. My favorite scene was when the reds killed the girl and her hat flew into the air.

The_ModeRazor

Jul 29, 2009
Patton662 said:
The_ModeRazor said:
Patton662 said:
Dear America, the cold war ended 22 years ago. Commies aren't a threat any more.
Too few shooters out there not centred around the USA.
I thought the main characters were Brits in the Modern Wurfurr games. (because they were)
(and an American was the bad guy) (and a Russian) (and Middle-Eastern dudes. what the fuck?)

Anyways.
Lol. Americans!
Edit: scratch what I said beforehadn about amerika not being the focus in MW. I just remembered that part when you slogged your lazy ass through post-EMP Washington. For some reason... it was so goddamn satysfying to see the place in flames. Not because it's Washington, or America, but because it's a city turned into a creepy and emotionally impactive (lol. dunno how to spell) place. And that's good.

We need more burning cities. Also, alcohol.
I was referring to Homefront not MW2. MW2 is still about Americans, the British guys are following orders of the american general, you'd never see that happen in real life.
Yeah, I get it. But I still haven't got any alcohol. I'm dissapoint :/

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
A jab at Homefront's silly buggery, with a Lilly Allen Reference?

You know, it's things like this that make me stay with you.