Critical Miss: Origin

klasbo

Nov 17, 2009
"Is always there" still has a better ring to it that "Is always watching you", even though the latter one may be equally true with all the "anonymous" data they gather..

PrinceofPersia

Sep 17, 2010
So origin joins the prestigous ranks of Santa Claus, the CIA, Sting and the Police, and the NSA. Now that is comedic and creepy, congrats to you sir.

Apr 28, 2008
Steam needs a competitor. A competitor that treats customers well, offer what Steam does not(or offer what Steam offers, but better), be unobtrusive, and give good reasons to add yet another program to your PC. It also needs goodwill and trust.

EA is not the one who's up to the challenge for that. They have a history of not giving two craps about their customers, Origin offers nothing interesting compared to Steam, gives no good reason to install, and as far as goodwill and trust go, well I don't think I need to explain that.

There's also the fact that their prices are more expensive then Steam in certain areas of the world. Particularly Europe. And their sales are just laughable.

Yeah, EA will not be the one to "challenge" Steam.

ramboondiea

Oct 11, 2010
hahaha made me smile, and i aint having anything to do with origin, unless its willing to chuck in with the rent.

also your wrong, bastion is the best game on the summer sale,so where are we doing this fight?

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
You know what's the actual hilarity of it? Them advertising the program as being "always there" and "living where you live" - and then region blocking areas. So if you move to a region blocked area, it's actually not there and doesn't live where you do.

Kargathia

Jul 16, 2009
Corporate software wanting to watch me when I sleep?

Sheez guys, get in line...

iron skirt

Oct 24, 2009
thank god I live in a country where nobody gives a shit about the aerege citizen... watching me would be a waste of time

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
All respect I had for you before has now increased even further. You managed to make a joke about Origin that

a: Was actually based on Origin, not EA's reputation.
b: Was funny and not just a bunch of flaming.
and c: Didn't just amount to Valve-worship, which is where I was expecting this to go wrong.

Good job. Funny as always.

loodmoney

Apr 25, 2011
I cannot take Origin seriously until it understands that "I want you inside of me" is a creepy line that only works (in a strict biological sense) on guys, not on gir--...is that a meerkat wearing headphones? Man this web-comic is trendy as heck.

Mister Benoit

Sep 19, 2008
Insanely twisted shadow planet is the first one I don't like. I really wanted to like it, I mean I absolutely love Super Metroid & Geometry wars.

The controls just sort of felt sloppy. It looks awesome though, reminded me of Patapon.

Bastion is by FAR my favorite summer of arcade game this year.

obex

Gone Gonzo ..... no ..... wait..
Jun 18, 2009
Last line should of been "Im sorry Erin, I'm afraid i can't do that"

Alphakirby

May 22, 2009

Maybe that will help the fact that Origin is waiting for you to fall asleep.
Because maybe science can keep Origin from stalking you.

Mackie Stingray

Feb 15, 2010
At 17 comments, I thought I might have something to add. However, starting with Irridium and moving on from there, I find I have nothing to say.
Why the hell am I posting this?
Ah yes. I remember now. Just sayin', okay, seems I actually like Critical Miss readers. For once, I don't regret reading the comments.

Hrm. While I'm sure I've observed Valve worship, I do wish to point out that not all who prefer Steam are necessarily worshipful. It's still DRM, it's just DRM which doesn't treat its customers universally like criminals. I've also read far worse EULAs than Steam offers.