Critical Miss: Riotous Anger

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
I'm kinda with you on the left side of things, as you put it. Government tripling uni prices while slashing benefits for poorer students (which, if you don't know, was £30 a week and was used by most people I knew who got it for food). People are understandably pissed off.

Good comic though, everyone is pointing blame at the wrong place. The people you need to blame is the absolute bastards rioting.

Stamaris

Sep 13, 2010
I think the comic says it well, but the newspost underneath says it even better. Bravo.

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
Well, this basically sums up my thoughts on who is at fault. Dont blame some arbitrary group, BLAME THE FUCKING RIOTERS!

Blunderboy

Apr 26, 2011
Good points, well made.
Well done.
Also, Miss Stroud is looking rather pretty. You know, as much as a cartoon lady can.

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
When you break it all down, the only reason this crap is actually happening is one very simple answer.

People suck.

uguito-93

This space for rent
Jul 16, 2009
Its this kind of situation that has me questioning the value of freedom. Dont get me wrong, its something that i have always seen as an essential human right, but then again it also allows scumbags to start shit like what happened in London. Talk about a double edged sword.

twaddle

Nov 17, 2009
there is a way to protest and this is not it. My fellow brits i must ask you:
[HEADING=1]WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING!! HAVE YOU NO PRIDE OR HONOUR FOR YOUR FELLOW COUNTRYMEN[/HEADING]
been gone for a year and you let the economy go to pot and act like bloody savages!

*thanks for pointing out the typo*

WaspFactory

Nov 11, 2010
Having spent some time last week helping my fellow Ealing inhabitants clean up the place, I?ve been following the tit-for-tat political finger-pointing closely. Most of the time I find the political machinations of our main parties to be the same tired old rhetoric dressed up in some new fancy pants. I also find it pleasantly surprising to find some more sensible comments about the riots on a gaming website of all places.
However I do hope that this dip of the toe into the murky and stagnant waters of politics doesn?t become the norm, the site isn?t called The Escapist for nothing and I?d hate for them to sully themselves with content on something as ghastly as western politics.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
Imp Emissary said:
When you break it all down, the only reason this crap is actually happening is one very simple answer.

People suck.
No that's wrong, just a few people suck and ruin it for everyone else. Don't tar us all with the same brush because of the actions of a few idiots, there are about 9 million people in London and just a few thousand rioters in total.

Imp_Emissary

Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
SgtFoley said:
Imp Emissary said:

People suck.
I thought it was that people are assholes.
Hmmmmmm....Kinda.

Not all people are assholes, but all people do suck a little bit. Even if it was only one time, everyone has sucked as a person, but not everyone has done it enough to be called an asshole.

The rioters have though, yes.

uguito-93

This space for rent
Jul 16, 2009
SgtFoley said:
uguito-93 said:
Its this kind of situation that has me questioning the value of freedom. Dont get me wrong, its something that i have always seen as an essential human right, but then again it also allows scumbags to start shit like what happened in London. Talk about a double edged sword.
Not really. People just need to learn that there is a time and a place for police brutality. Large scale riots like the one in London are most definatly the correct time and place. You would not believe how fast a riot will stop when you start firing tear gas at them then move in to beat the crap out of everybody with clubs.
Thats a good point but it wasn't really what I was getting at. The thing I was talking about was how in a truly free society people will be able to do things like this by abusing their right to freedom while in an Orwellian society nothing like this would happen but people would essentially have no rights. But you're right, there has to me times where law enforcement is allowed to take extreme measures.

Imp_Emissary

Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
JoJoDeathunter said:
Imp Emissary said:

People suck.
No that's wrong, just a few people suck and ruin it for everyone else. Don't tar us all with the same brush because of the actions of a few idiots, there are about 9 million people in London and just a few thousand rioters in total.
Now, now. Calm down. I didn't say everyone sucked equally.

However, all people do suck a some point or another. Like I said before in another comment, not all people have sucked enough to be called assholes.

These rioters however are assholes because they really really suck.

Togs

Dec 8, 2010
Im gonna do what I can to keep this post even tempered, but Im raging quite substantially at that comic.
I still cannot get my head around this notion that people have that riots start out of nowhere, the areas that riots started in are the poorest areas of the country, areas made poorer by the actions and policies of Mr David Cameron- these people where pushed and pushed ot the very edge where they snapped.
So yeah blame the rioters and looters for acting like animals, but dont for one fucking second make out that the blame lands solely with them.

TheIronRuler

Mar 18, 2011
Does the drinking has anything to do with your argument? I'm just curious as to why you had your character drink beer through the comic.