Critical Miss: The Cardinal's Corner

thethingthatlurks

Feb 16, 2010
Zachary Amaranth said:
Scarecrow 8 said:
This is why the pope really pisses me off.
But he's pro condom-garroting! That's one badass pope!
He's pro-life, except for when it doesn't involve the unborn, which are hardly considered alive. He also has no problem murderin' people, but GOD help him if he considers a viable option to lessen the threat of overpopulation. Hmm...the Catholics sure are sociopaths, aren't they?

ZtH

Oct 12, 2010
Hithlain said:
InterAirplay said:
zombie711 said:
I used to know an atheist, who would say "why doesnt the church allow condoms, its so stupid". I would reply why dont you just not have sex until your married? he replied, why would I do that? The conversation ended shortly after that. ( also Im not saying all athiest are like that, just that one person)
I think most people are like that. Why wouldn't anyone do that?
For me, it's like when you go to college and in their orientation meetings they say "Alcohol is completely forbidden for people under the age of 21, which you are. Therefore you cannot drink. However if you WERE to drink, here are some safety tips".

I mean, no one is being fooled that underage people in college don't drink. I'd rather there be some safety training for them though than just throwing them out there and hoping they don't die from alcohol poisoning. Not everyone in college drinks, but those who do made that choice and they need to know how to be safe.

It's the same with sex. Some people make that choice for various reasons and I'm not saying that it's good or bad either way but I would rather they have something available to them where they would not get pregnant or spread disease than them just wander off willy-nilly. You know?
Very well said. There is a huge distinction between feeling that morally it is wrong to do something and denying someone of the knowledge they could use to save their life in doing something like that. Just because you think premarital sex is wrong doesn't give you the right to hold others who do not share your beliefs to the same standards, and by not educating them about how to protect themselves you're far from good sumaritan that you should strive to be.

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
HankMan said:
It is acceptable to use a condom to keep the fiz in your soda, but not in your relationships!
Zachary Amaranth said:
Scarecrow 8 said:
That's not how you kill someone with a condom. You wrap over their heads like a clear plastic bag. Extra experience points if it's a spermicide!
My original script had that but I think Cory had trouble drawing it.

Danik93

Aug 11, 2009
Latinidiot said:
zombie711 said:
I used to know an atheist, who would say "why doesnt the church allow condoms, its so stupid". I would reply why dont you just not have sex until your married? he replied, why would I do that? The conversation ended shortly after that. ( also Im not saying all athiest are like that, just that one person)
because you might want to have sex without spending your life with that person, or having to share all your money with them?
Yea and what if you find out that the person you want to marry is terrible I mean TERRIBLE in bed... that would suck!

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
thethingthatlurks said:
Zachary Amaranth said:
Scarecrow 8 said:
He's pro-life, except for when it doesn't involve the unborn, which are hardly considered alive. He also has no problem murderin' people, but GOD help him if he considers a viable option to lessen the threat of overpopulation. Hmm...the Catholics sure are sociopaths, aren't they?
As someone who was raised Catholic, I can't exactly disagree.

HankMan said:
It is acceptable to use a condom to keep the fiz in your soda, but not in your relationships!
Zachary Amaranth said:
Scarecrow 8 said:
That's not how you kill someone with a condom. You wrap over their heads like a clear plastic bag. Extra experience points if it's a spermicide!
Psssh. It'd likely tear. Garotting is safer, though nearly as ridiculous.

Cyanin

Dec 25, 2009
WELCOME TO THE HOUSE OF FUN...

Sorry, had to continue that quote at the bottom. =P I liked this though, nicely done again guys.

Deadlock Radium

Mar 29, 2009
This comic made me laugh today :)
The best ones were by far the one with carrying water (Just look at how badass he looks) and the terrorist on nuclear sub one. :D

Danish rage

Sep 26, 2010
zombie711 said:
Why WOULD you do that?

Funny strip though.

Irony's Acolyte

Back from the Depths
Mar 9, 2010
See this is why I make sure that I carry condoms around with me at all times. Not incase I have sex, but for situations like the one described. I mean, I hate it when my soda loses its fiz.

So I read the article on the whole issue and I found it a little ridiculous. I mean he said that its totally okay for male prositutes to be using condoms. I'm confused. Don't Catholics think prostitution is bad? So if you're a prostitute, you're sinning, but its okay to use a condom. Not trying to bash Catholics here, its just I find this whole thing a little silly.

Sporky111

Digital Wizard
Dec 17, 2008
Imperator_DK said:
Hehe, at least there's a laugh to be had now from it, but at the time it sure was a bummer to find out that thousands upon thousands of African Catholics will still have to die to uphold Roman Catholic Church dogma in the face of reality.

I was even all positively surprised and everything [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/528.246099-The-Pope-softens-up-on-condom-use-UPDATED?page=1].
It really is disgusting that the Pope would condemn thousands or millions of people to death just to uphold this ideal of abstinence. Considering that a significant portion of the spread of AIDS in Africa is through rape and from parent to child in birth, a condom probably won't do much good against either of them . . . but crying "I'm abstinent" to a rapist is going to be pointless, and if you've married someone who's gotten AIDS through a rape or from their mother then you seem to be SOL.

x434343

Mar 22, 2008
Roman Catholic here, saying: Anyone who obeys all parts of Catholic dogma is a moron. You should follow the basics, but when its about a personal issue, it should be your descision.

mr_rubino

Sep 19, 2010
Fronzel said:
zombie711 said:
If you're trying to say he was being unreasonable, you've failed. "Why would I do that?" must represent reasons that he apparently didn't share. If you were interested in argument, you should have asked.
*whispers* They never are. If there was arguments and asking and all that hippie stuff, soon we'll be teaching teenagers about safe sex in health class instead of just saying "Don't do it." Slippery slope, man. You don't want to end up like Bristol Palin.

x434343 said:
Roman Catholic here, saying: Anyone who obeys all parts of Catholic dogma is a moron. You should follow the basics, but when its about a personal issue, it should be your descision.
We're still getting stories of people castrating albinos to make magic soup over there. At some point, I think the people who have high (perhaps I'd even call it "the ultimate") authority over so many people should take some voluntary responsibility for the lives of the people who hang on every word they say instead of just saying "Your choice. Not my problem. Btw, listen to me or HELL."
Or at least they could do the noble thing and keep their traps shut/not make irresponsible declarations that could possibly result in... is "genocide" the correct word here?

KEM10

Oct 22, 2008
D Moness said:
Laughed at the water carrying option(also the strangling someone with a condom>.<)

One other thing is it me or does the females in the comic getting bigger boobs?
Standard USAF wilderness kit has two condoms in it for carrying water.

But I believe the Pope did agree to the usage for married couples if one of them was infected to save the other. But then there wouldn't be a joke in there.

Oh religion, the internet's punching bag.

killamanhunter

Mar 24, 2009
x434343 said:
True dat! Some people just never understand us eh?

Anyway this was hilarious and I agree with everyone on the terrorist one.