Critical Miss: The Cardinal's Corner

mr_rubino

Sep 19, 2010
KEM10 said:
D Moness said:
Laughed at the water carrying option(also the strangling someone with a condom>.<)

One other thing is it me or does the females in the comic getting bigger boobs?
Standard USAF wilderness kit has two condoms in it for carrying water.

But I believe the Pope did agree to the usage for married couples if one of them was infected to save the other. But then there wouldn't be a joke in there.

Oh religion, the internet's punching bag.
Still not unmarried couples, or for any other reason that might protect a person having the coitus. The joke is safe.

Sepiida

Jan 25, 2010
Condom as garrote wire is officially the funniest thing I have seen in this comic. Genius.

Stevepinto3

Jun 4, 2009
zombie711 said:
I used to know an atheist, who would say "why doesnt the church allow condoms, its so stupid". I would reply why dont you just not have sex until your married? he replied, why would I do that? The conversation ended shortly after that. ( also Im not saying all athiest are like that, just that one person)
Because every Catholic waits until marriage, right.

As the Red Hot Chili Peppers once said, Catholic school girls rule.

Also I'm confused by what you mean by "like that". Desiring of premarital sex? Say hi to 95% of people ages 16-30.

AngelOfBlueRoses

The Cerulean Prince
Nov 5, 2008
mr_rubino said:
Fronzel said:
zombie711 said:
I used to know an atheist, who would say "why doesnt the church allow condoms, its so stupid". I would reply why dont you just not have sex until your married? he replied, why would I do that? The conversation ended shortly after that. ( also Im not saying all athiest are like that, just that one person)
If you're trying to say he was being unreasonable, you've failed. "Why would I do that?" must represent reasons that he apparently didn't share. If you were interested in argument, you should have asked.
*whispers* They never are. If there was arguments and asking and all that hippie stuff, soon we'll be teaching teenagers about safe sex in health class instead of just saying "Don't do it." Slippery slope, man. You don't want to end up like Bristol Palin.
Maybe my school was just awesome, but we were taught about safe sex and the like, and also drugs, for an entire quarter. My school pretty much took the opinion that 'Fuck, man. They're probably going to do it anyways. Might as well show them how not to be a moron when doing it.'

OT: I laughed so hard and shared this with friends and they laughed, too.

CosmicCommander

Friendly Neighborhood Troll?
Apr 11, 2009
Yeah, please don't do many comics based on religion or sex. Let's just keep them focused on games and internet culture. I get enough of this sort of thing all over the internet, don't need it here.

Dana22

Sep 10, 2008
There is no God.

/thread.

Dont listen to the guy in a dress, listen to your conscience.

fanklok

Legendary Table User
Jul 17, 2009
HankMan said:
It is acceptable to use a condom to keep the fiz in your soda, but not in your relationships!
Zachary Amaranth said:
Scarecrow 8 said:
This is why the pope really pisses me off.
But he's pro condom-garroting! That's one badass pope!
That's not how you kill someone with a condom. You wrap over their heads like a clear plastic bag. Extra experience points if it's a spermicide!
I think you mean terroristicide.

BlindMessiah94

The 94th Blind Messiah
Nov 12, 2009
Zhukov said:
That was hilarious.

Although I'm not sure what exactly it was reacting to.

(Gah! Grammer, I mourn your passing.)
And you spelled grammar wrong too ;)

OT: I am not really finding this comic's style funny anymore. Panel 1 is just basically introducing a list of items, and the rest of the panels are the items in that list. Maybe I am wrong but I was actually enjoying the comic originally and getting a few laughs. I think they should go back to Stout in the office and let us see more of her escapades rather than random jokes about news stories that haven't been relevant for ages.

theriddlen

Apr 6, 2010
Damn, you made me laugh! And it hurts, i got two teeth (one on each side) extracted yesterday:(

TWEWER

Feb 8, 2009
Call me crazy, but I don't think that any of those examples have anything to do with HIV.

Lord Legion

Feb 26, 2010
The main reason for this is all political. The catholic church is nowhere near as unified as they like to seem. There is the Vatican, and then the Church in Ethiopia. The Ethiopians are hard line conservative and would follow their own base rules even if the Vatican issued the use of condoms as ok.

This is all about appearances and unification. If either group splits it will only lead disintegration and violence.

It ain't the first time that they've twisted words to get what they want. Just look at the Nicaean Council.

Mannayz

May 6, 2010
Right, and if God made us, why does it feel so good to rub our genitals against something?

I mean, if God made us an all...

Soon you're going to tell me that the awesome sensation is the work of the Devil or something.

Oh, wait.

cke

Jun 20, 2010
HankMan said:
It is acceptable to use a condom to keep the fiz in your soda, but not in your relationships!
Zachary Amaranth said:
Scarecrow 8 said:
That's not how you kill someone with a condom. You wrap over their heads like a clear plastic bag. Extra experience points if it's a spermicide!
A one-liner comes to mind (ahem):
-Let's see how you break out of THIS ONE!!

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
HankMan said:
Zachary Amaranth said:
HankMan said:
Zachary Amaranth said:
Scarecrow 8 said:
Psssh. It'd likely tear. Garotting is safer, though nearly as ridiculous.
Psssh. What kind of condoms have you been using?
The kind that don't readily accept a human skull. :p

LadyRhian

May 13, 2010
thethingthatlurks said:
Zachary Amaranth said:
Scarecrow 8 said:
He's pro-life, except for when it doesn't involve the unborn, which are hardly considered alive. He also has no problem murderin' people, but GOD help him if he considers a viable option to lessen the threat of overpopulation. Hmm...the Catholics sure are sociopaths, aren't they?
No, it's because the condoms work to prevent the consequences of committing sin. If you are willing to have sex outside of marriage, you should also be willing to live with the consequences of pregnancy and VD's. By wearing condoms, you are evading God's punishments for sin.

No, it doesn't make sense. But there you go.

Edited for spelling fail.

Normalgamer

Dec 21, 2009
zombie711 said:
That athiest had a point. Clearly he didn't research why the church wouldn't use condoms, by why restrict your sexuality to the point you have to get a piece of peper signed to feel good about sex?