Critical Miss: Y Ddraig Cach

standokan

May 28, 2009
I never even heard about the welsh people before this strip but that doesn't make it less funny.

i am not god

Dec 6, 2007
Pretty much true of how we think of Wales over here, good way of expressing it to. It totally is our Canada.

Dublin Solo

Feb 18, 2010
As a matter of fact, now that I think about it, I never really thought that Britain and England and United Kingdom were actually different things.

I will have to read about that, there are things one must know!

erbkaiser

Romanorum Imperator
Jun 20, 2009
I don't see the problem with the [font color="blue"]We[/font]st Eng[font color="blue"]l[/font]i[font color="blue"]sh[/font]. Sure their language is incomprehensible, but it's a nice little country.

BlindTom

Aug 8, 2008
I might print this out and put it on my bedroom door. If I don't get beaten up it should brighten up my time in the colony somewhat.

Falseprophet

Jan 13, 2009
crotalidian said:
Wales is worse than Canada, they are self governed with their own budget and funds but also get tax money from England (we dont see any of theirs). and they have representatives on our parlaiment to help decide how we spend our money but English members cannot sit on the Welsh parliament (to decide how they spend our money).

I am so glad to have moved to the US. with all its problems at least we doint have to deal with this idiotic system. /rant
The US has had that system longer than anyone. It's called federalism. It's pretty much a necessity for large, continent-spanning nations, which is why we Canadians and the Australians, among others, also adopted it.

But from what you're implying, England is the only part of the UK without separate regional government. Sounds like that's the real issue.

Wuvlycuddles

Oct 29, 2009
I was born in Wales and this strip receives my seal of approval.

Just a warning though, Batman and Hannibal Lecter were both born in Wales... (well the actors were :p) Do you really wanna piss those two off?

Although i'd be awesome to see them team up!

Apr 28, 2008
Hey now, thats not true. Canada gives us Maple Syrup and LoadingReadyRun. So they do contribute to the world.

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
i had to google union jack, i thought he was talking about the comic, which sounded awesome.

but i get it, it would be like someone putting the horrible colours of *sweden* into my beloved dannebrog.

Delusibeta

Reachin' out...
Mar 7, 2010
Dublin Solo said:
As a matter of fact, now that I think about it, I never really thought that Britain and England and United Kingdom were actually different things.

I will have to read about that, there are things one must know!
England is, obviously, England.
Britain is England, Scotland and Wales.
The United Kingdom is England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.

That said, the last two is fairly interchangeable.
Falseprophet said:
But from what you're implying, England is the only part of the UK without separate regional government. Sounds like that's the real issue.
That is probably correct.

Moriarty70

Canucklehead
Dec 24, 2008
Let's remember, they aren't a complete waste. They are where the Doctor does most of his filming.

There we go, easy answer for everyone, let's just call it "Doctoropolis".

Lord_Panzer

Impractically practical
Feb 6, 2009
icyneesan said:
lolz Englande

Keith K said:
I fail to see how Wales and Canada are comparable.
We've got sheep humper problems, local law enforcement does what it can, but its not looking so good for farmers.
In Manitoba, maybe, where there's nothing else to do. The rest of us can occupy ourselves just fine.

Strip was kinda funny and kinda "...enhhh?"

TheGuy(wantstobe)

Dec 8, 2009
Nice use of getting crap past the censors. For those who don't know any welsh cach is shit and haliwr is wanker :p

edit: the title is In Dragon Shit

ThePirateMan

Jul 15, 2009
Irridium said:
Hey now, thats not true. Canada gives us Maple Syrup and LoadingReadyRun. So they do contribute to the world.
Wales gave us David Mitchell. So they contribute to the world too.

I think he's part Welsh, atleast.

Mr.Squishy

Apr 14, 2009
Hey! Don't insult Canada, they gave us Bioware, VGcats (the webcomic) and Wolverine.

Before any welshmen declare a vendetta against me, I'm joking.

CrashBang

Jun 15, 2009
crotalidian said:
...Is this actually a real thing that is happening?

I lived in Wales for 3 years and from that experience it is clear that the Welsh have no interest in being part of the Union Jack (or even the UK) the flag is never seen. As English people we are forced to use the 'British' flag because our beloved cross of St George has a nationalist stigma attached to it.

Wales is worse than Canada, they are self governed with their own budget and funds but also get tax money from England (we dont see any of theirs). and they have representatives on our parlaiment to help decide how we spend our money but English members cannot sit on the Welsh parliament (to decide how they spend our money).

I am so glad to have moved to the US. with all its problems at least we doint have to deal with this idiotic system. /rant
How did you move to the US? Tell me your secrets! I'm English, currently going to university in Wales and I just can't stand the UK as a whole. I'm hoping to move to Canada after university. How did you make it happen?

OT: Great strip, loved it. Wales in never ever mentioned in anything American. I don't think most Americans know about Wales, actually... lucky them

Dr_Pie

Aug 11, 2009
Wales born and bred. This mockery will not stand!

I shall see you tonight, but you shan't see me.