Critical Miss: Y Ddraig Cach

Numbnuts

Feb 6, 2009
And of course I skip the conversation and the first thing I notice is World 5-18 Dark World of Super Meat Boy on the TV...

Oh yeah, and the face in the last panel is awesome.

Rainboq

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2009
Secret world leader (shhh) said:
Irridium said:
Hey now, thats not true. Canada gives us Maple Syrup and LoadingReadyRun.
And justin bieber... Maple syrup and LoadingReadyRun dont make up for the existence of that...thing.
What about Ubisoft Montreal?

They made Assassins Creed!

TheGuy(wantstobe)

Dec 8, 2009
SoldieroFortune said:
TheGuy(wantstobe) said:
Nice use of getting crap past the censors. For those who don't know any welsh cach is shit and haliwr is wanker :p

edit: the title is In Dragon Shit
Actually, I believe the title is "The Dragon Shit." It is a play on Y Ddraig Coch, which means "The Red Dragon" (i.e. the symbol on Wales's flag.)
/facepalm. That was a rather silly mistake on my part. But then of course what with descriptors coming last in welsh dragon and shit should be swapped around also making it "the shit dragon" Haven't had to speak or read welsh very often in ages so mistake is to be expected.

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
erbkaiser said:
I don't see the problem with the [font color="blue"]We[/font]st Eng[font color="blue"]l[/font]i[font color="blue"]sh[/font]. Sure their language is incomprehensible, but it's a nice little country.
I actually worked in a holliday park there for a while. It's a beautiful country with an absolutely beautiful language (protip: Tolkien actually based his Elvish languages on Welsh) with a lot of history.

dmcc85

Feb 18, 2010
she is so cute in second picture...
i will never memorize the names of this cartoon..... (arg)

RoyalWelsh

Feb 14, 2010
As a born and bred and proud Welshman who speaks the great Welsh language, I find this strip really...offens-nah, I actually find it funny. :)

Apart from one or two Welsh politicians, no-one in Wales, including myself, wants the Welsh Dragon on the Union Jack. No point.

P.S. The title of this strip says 'The Shit Dragon'.

TheGuy(wantstobe)

Dec 8, 2009
Grey Carter said:
Critical Miss: Y Ddraig Cach

In which our protagonist's terrible secret is revealed.

Read Full Article

Now before you get offended. I actually quite like the Welsh. I find the dreadful manner they're presented in films like Lord of the Rings to be totally heavy handed and unacceptable.

On a serious note; In case you didn't get it, the strip is actually making fun of the English (because God knows we don't do that enough) and their bizarre relationship with the rest of the island. As someone pointed out, every nation on the British Isles hates each other, hates England collectively (even England hates England) and only collaborates when we come across the French (whom we hate) or the Americans (whom we also hate)
Hey where did you get that family photo of the trip to NZ? Those were some fun times :p

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
For all my fellow Englishers out there. The title of the strip was originally going to be 'Y ddraig llwy' but I figured the reference might be a little obscure.

Outright Villainy

Jan 19, 2010
Irridium said:
Hey now, thats not true. Canada gives us Maple Syrup and LoadingReadyRun. So they do contribute to the world.
And strapping young lad, and protest the hero, and Dinosaur comics.

Wales gave us...

Um, bullet for my valentine.

Way to go, ya jerks. :p

Danial

Apr 7, 2010
This topic has actually annoyed me when I read it else where, The mail had a report about this that made my skin crawl.

I can't say I or anyone i really know wants or massively cares about the Ddraig being on the Union jack, most of the people who do are the Plaid Cymru arseholes who no one apart from the people trying not to seem racist takes seriously anyway.

I'm not basing this off the comic since, well its a Comic, but the news papers reports of "THE WELSH WANT" is just more of the usual stuff the British 'Press' keep pumping out to try and keep the 'Them Vs Us' thing going on, how often do you see the FAR more popular version of this which usually contains the word 'MUSLIMS', which only leads to people thinking we all think like this.

Just to clear something up Yes, S4C is utter shit, no one watches it, even people who speak welsh, all of the shows are awful and have no production value what's so ever, the only slightly useful program (Welsh football) could be better done on the red button or on-line. Yes small towns and councils getting massive cash hand outs is irritating, esp when most English councils are struggling and even if you keep it inside of Wales places like Newport and The Pembrokeshire cost national park need the money more. The welsh languish at least has history and can be learned quite easily, And compared to English, which basicly what would happen if you took every other language in the world, and fired it out of a cannon. Yes Charlotte Church comes from here, and yes we're sorry. Yes the signs being in Welsh and English is also a waste of time, No one only speaks welsh any more and if that is the case they can Piss off and learn English like the rest of us. The Pembrokeshire national Park is by far one of the most beautiful places in Britain so its defiantly not an eye saw, We import the vast majority of our sheep into England, so if we do molest them it seems its catching on. No really, sorry about Church, We have no excuses there, but we do ask you apologise for Westwood while were doing this. Yes we all hate the "ll" 'letter' as well, how can then mean Thhhhh, STOP BEING SILLY.

And a Few more things. No one really hates the English that much, growing up mind i did hate the majority of your tourists mind, you seemed to send all of your drunk, violent chavs over here so you can have the weekend off. Oh and If your American and come here please don't do a God damn Dick Van Dyke accent when trying to insult us.. That doesn't even make sense in London anymore never mind Haverfordwest.

Oh and in jokey retort, yeah we are the Canada of The UK, We have lower crime in most places, no awful new Fees hike and a far better standard of life then the *word* next door. So HA.

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
Dammit. The first panel made me think of this [http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/65/UNION_JACK_1.jpg] until I realized that I was yet again listening to another rant from Shaun Hastings from Assassin's Creed.

Danial

Apr 7, 2010
Grey Carter said:
For all my fellow Englishers out there. The title of the strip was originally going to be 'Y ddraig llwy' but I figured the reference might be a little obscure.

snip
You also gain 30 Points for the credits reference.