Critical Miss: Y Ddraig Cach

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
The Real Sandman said:
.___.

Do I have to be knowledgeable about... something?

Because I don't get it.

Help please?
Count me in as well, I didn't get this joke at all personaly... D:

Zenode

Jan 21, 2009
Why does this comic strip remind me of a whole phone rage from Desert Bus for Hope in which i asked a Person on the phone (seriously no idea who it was) and i asked the person "Is Wales even a country anymore" and they went on some rage about it so Kathleen changed topic XD

But seriously Wales to England is what New Zealand is to Australia, they are kinda just....there

Boba Frag

Dec 11, 2009
TheGuy(wantstobe) said:
Nice use of getting crap past the censors. For those who don't know any welsh cach is shit and haliwr is wanker :p

edit: the title is In Dragon Shit
hahaha!! Brilliant :D I thought I recognised cach as it's very similar to the word in Irish... not totally sure of the spelling, though, it sounds very similar.

Ah, the old English people hating the Welsh thing... Not sure I quite see what's so bad, but then again I assume the English masses think Wales is basically Little Britain and Gavin and Stacey.

Danial

Apr 7, 2010
Grey Carter said:
For all my fellow Englishers out there. The title of the strip was originally going to be 'Y ddraig llwy' but I figured the reference might be a little obscure.

YES!

Also you get 30 points for the Credits reference.

WingedFortress

Detective
Feb 5, 2008
I would urge England to keep identifying with the Americans at every corner. Mabye if you fight enough of their wars, and adopt enough of their bad habits, you can also have an epic economic failure and alienate yourselves from the rest of the world.

And Wales! Feel free to come by for some free fresh water, food, oil and money. We have plenty here in Canada.

Love,

Winnipeg.

GrizzlerBorno

Sep 2, 2010
I humbly apologize to all offended welsh escapists....cause i Lol'd at the punchline.

Also, isn't the Escapist Canadian? or atleast the LRR crew? Who else wants to see a welsh LRR short?

Dec 14, 2009
WingedFortress said:
I would urge England to keep identifying with the Americans at every corner. Mabye if you fight enough of their wars, and adopt enough of their bad habits, you can also have an epic economic failure and alienate yourselves from the rest of the world.

And Wales! Feel free to come by for some free fresh water, food, oil and money. We have plenty here in Canada.

Love,

Winnipeg.
Bah! We were hating on the rest of the world when America was still a twinkle in the eye!

Jodan

Mar 18, 2009
Lord_Panzer said:
icyneesan said:
lolz Englande

Keith K said:
I fail to see how Wales and Canada are comparable.
We've got sheep humper problems, local law enforcement does what it can, but its not looking so good for farmers.
In Manitoba, maybe, where there's nothing else to do. The rest of us can occupy ourselves just fine.

Strip was kinda funny and kinda "...enhhh?"

Theres plenty to do in manitoba... if you like snow hockey and the cold(and the forks)
There is also a lot of welsh in manitoba...

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
The Canadian equivalent: "They are... Our Quebec!"
Or, if you're Quebecois, "They are... Our Alberta!"

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
She's one of them?!
*Gets the holy water, and shotgun with silver bullets*

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Danial said:
Oh and If your American and come here please don't do a God damn Dick Van Dyke accent when trying to insult us.. That doesn't even make sense in London anymore never mind Haverfordwest.
...Are people really that stupid?

SomethingUnrelated

Aug 29, 2009
mad825 said:
Wales "our Canada"? I would say it's Scotland.
Nahhh, Scotland's our 'The South'.

OT: Speaking as someone living in Wales, I loved it. Will definitely be checking back in future for what I hope will be more great strips.

Warachia

Aug 11, 2009
huh, your comment in the comments was actually funnier than the strip which wasn't bad. Wasn't expecting that.

Jonny49

Mar 31, 2009
El Poncho said:
There was a welsh guy shouting at my friend over COD, my friend shut him up when he said Wales was just a DLC for England xD
That actually made me laugh aloud.

I don't suppose having a dragon on the Union-Jack would be too bad, as long as it somewhat resembles Godzilla.

CLEVERSLEAZOID

Mar 4, 2009
I'm surprised no-one picked up the very last bit of writing on the article, I think it maybe more obscure than the Clangers reference.

Cory Rydell and Grey Carter are all over the front page, they give you road rrrrage
A line from what I think [personally] are the best band to come out of Wales. [And thats coming from a self proclaimed metal head]

<youtube=PK8btpWltTk>

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
Dragon passant Gules on field BURN YOUR HOUSE DOWN WOOOOOO!

Er, yeah. Sorry.

While I like the Welsh flag just fine, you couldn't really just slap the dragon on the Union Flag. It'd be too busy, and just try finding a color that doesn't either blend too much or clash too badly.