Criticize your favorite game.

Gh0st1y_H

Jan 11, 2010
Bad Company 2 still has that dogtag system. Yeah, let's put more epeen-stroking systems in this game. Better yet, let's make the knife even dodgier. Why did I just get stabbed after Commando-lunging the guy that I was aiming at? I wasn't even there anymore.

Furthermore, let's just put "kit customizations" in this game. Yeah, these definitely aren't perks. They're nothing like perks. Magnum ammo is nothing like Stopping Power. (Seriously, it takes 22 levels to get Magnum ammo. Wtf? Seriously? What, were the higher-ranked players having trouble killing people or something? Not to mention that this isn't Call of Duty, and level 22 takes a long time to get.)

major28

Feb 25, 2010
mario 3 ......................................................................................
yyour too perfect?

major28

Feb 25, 2010
Crispee said:
Not my favorite, but Super Smash Bros Brawl is complete tripe on the Online mode. It takes on average four seconds for my character to respond to my commands, so I often have to second guess my opponents, and I do it wrong a lot.

Also, in Mario Kart Wii, the Blue Shells likelihood of appearing seem to run on Discworld logic, in that if it's unlikely to happen then it will.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH THE PARADOX IS BREAKING MY MIND

AidoruKami

Jun 10, 2010
PurePareidolia said:
Looking For Alaska said:
When you go through KOTOR a second time Taris is SOOOO BORING.
Yes, it REALLY is.
Anyone care to explain this to me? I went through Taris three or four times and I never had a real problem with going through it again...

Anyway, for KotOR, Kashyyyk had a severe lack of side quests when compared to all of the other planets. Also, there's not a Selkath party member. Why is there not a Selkath party member?

And Canderous would never let me finish talking to him. Jerk.

Finally, KotOR and my computer do not get along. At all.

Cuppa Tetleys

Mar 22, 2010
Metroid Prime. Oh, erm, it follows the same format as other metroid games, samus's movement controls were, erm, hard to master. I loved EVERYTHING ELSE about it. That's all I got. Oh yeah, and the repetition in pokemon. Gotta love it though.

jultub

Jan 18, 2010
Baldurs Gate II:
Graphics are more than a little outdated. A multitude of quests and just hints throughout the game that could have been tied together have not been, there are incredibly weird dungeons with incredibly high leveled stuff that aren't tied to quests at all (suspecting deadlines, but I'm not sure. That's all I can think of right now.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
Fallout 3: some of the caves/interiors of buildings are far too dark, some of the children's voices/atitudes are incredibly annoying and it's impossible to make up an interesting pre-game background for your character... *spent first 18 years of life living in tin can*

TomOfTheCross

Jun 23, 2009
Well two main ones here.
FF9, dodgy graphics even for that era. Slightly retarded character designs (they sorted that out with dissidia). And it was far far too easy. Otherwise my favourite FF game, fuck yeah Vivi.
On to the next one
Panzer Dragoon Saga
It ended, it didn't get noticed, it's really rare now, it was on the saturn.
The graphics whilst immensly better than FF7 were still rather glitchy, it was also rather easy for a lot of it.
Also the fact that it copied FF 13's battle system, not good ¬____¬

MrDeano89

Jul 1, 2009
GTA san andreas: the graphics
your gang members not being able to fill up the cars properly

other than that, best game ever made

Lawllerskater

Jan 29, 2010
The fact that the cake wasn't a lie, made Ratman an unreliable source, causing myself to have to do research upon who this man was. The cake contained too much rhubarb. Chell looked a bit funny. GLaDOS wasn't much of a fight. They delayed Portal 2 till 2011.

apelsz

Mar 15, 2010
Paper Mario 2... ... ... ... I can't think of anything.

MOTHER 3... Well, the Ultimate Chimera being completely unfightable annoyed me. But an instant death is an instant death.

Portal... I don't know what to call that part after chamber 19. And that really is the only thing I can say I didn't like about it.

Phoenix Wright series... Some of the answers to puzzles are a little too obscure.

SideburnsPuppy

May 23, 2009
The horse in Shadow of the Colossus would do a total 180-turn whenever you came into contact with anything resembling a wall. And by "resembling a wall," I mean "higher than a gumdrop." This is especially hard when you're in a tight space and want to do a ninety degree turn, because it has to be running to turn, so you hit the wall, 180, hit the wall, 180, making slight progress each time. Also, not enough temples or castles or buildings to climb around and explore.

Krantos

Jun 30, 2009
Oblivion- Horses were poorly designed and should have been cut. More variety in armor/weapons would have been nice. The entire idea of the leveled enemies was horribly done, which led to a difficulty curve that was all over the place. Many of the spells were essentially useless. Companion AI was garbage (and Companion NPC's didn't level up with enemies).

Red Dead Redemption- Some missions seem like padding that doesn't go anywhere and have no relevance to the story (Mexico). Controls are unimproved from GTAIV. Regenerating health makes items like Medicine useless. Money is too easy to obtain and there is nothing really worth spending it on.

Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory- Stupid AI.... Um..... too linear? I'm sorry, it's a hard game to critique since it pretty much set the bar for stealth games and hasn't been topped yet.

socialmenace42

May 8, 2010
So mass effect 2

....huh

....wow, this is awkward

I would complain about resource mining but with the recent patch it's become much more bearable

I would complain about the loss of the Inventory from Mass 1, but I preffer the new model

I would complain about the cover-based shooter aspect, but in all fairness Mass effect 2 intigrates cover into combat better than any other game bar Gears of war so...

erm, I kinda dislike how the new Normandy doesn't look as stealthy as the last one.
Yeah, that's all i got...
Hey, i know I'm a fanboy, at least i own up.

Rainboq

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2009
DOW (the first one + expansions)

Some units are WAY underpowered and the air units spammed are broken beyond belief but otherwise awesome