Crunch Magic Predicts Your Next Favorite Game

Username Redacted

Dec 29, 2010
"You're unsacrificing and serious." I guess that's kind of accurate. The game it recommended however are for the most part things I am not interested in.

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
Huh, so it's a game that tries to emotionally abuse you with fictional works you love and then advertises new games to you to buy. Sounds great.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
It's a neat way to do surveys, certainly the most enjoyable one in my lifetime.
But the results are completely useless, all recommended games I've beaten several times or rather put many many hours into their multiplayer... you kind of need to recommend shit I haven't played yet.

J Tyran

Dec 15, 2011
Not entering my Steam account details, sure the site might be run by nice trust worthy people but how trust worthy is their security? I barely trust Valve to keep it safe, not letting anyone attempt the same.

Joccaren

Elite Member
Mar 29, 2011
Eh, it can somewhat pick my tastes, but it hardly found what could be my next favourite game.
1 game that is of a type I normally wouldn't play, but looked somewhat interesting so I'd probably give it 1 go, finish it then move on.
2 games that I had no interest in whatsoever, 'cause I really hate that type of game.
1 game that I had already thought about getting, but decided against as I wouldn't have played it that much.
1 game that is more the style that I like, but looked horridly generic and worth maybe 1 playthrough.

Maybe its the state of the indie scene and industry, but there are few games that appeal to me these days. And I had high hopes for this too =(

Filiecs

May 24, 2011
It said I was stoic and collected. Very very true.
Sadly, most of the games it recommended I already have.

Rack

Jan 18, 2008
Didn't work for me, I let the stream of games I'd never heard of tumble endlessly into the fire. If it had a higher cap I'd have ended up with about 50.

jericu

Oct 22, 2008
The number one game it recommended is one I played, and fucking hated.

Also, the fact that I can't redo this thing is really stupid.

Pat8u

Apr 7, 2011
Sober and Vunerable.... Ok then Im most likely going to retake this quiz I am anything but vunerable
ok so I can't retake it..

Naeras

Mar 1, 2011
My results:

Now let us see here...

Top 2012:
Borderlands 2: Nope. Didn't like that one.
FTL: YES <3
Torchlight 2: ..eh. It wasn't bad, but it definitely wasn't amongst my favorites.
FarCry 3: I'm not too big on sandboxes. This one could be different, but I usually get bored by them.
XCOM - Enemy Unknown: Yep, it's up there on my top of 2012 list.

Top games:
Team Fortress 2: ..meh. It's kinda fun, but not THAT fun.
Skyrim: It was fun until my NPCs started doing all the work for me, after that it was just another sandbox that I got bored of.
Portal 2: Yeah, it was fairly fun, especially the co-op. Not a top game, however.
Civ V: I like strategy and tactics. I don't like the grand strategy genre, however. Haven't tried Civ V, but I'm fairly certain it won't change my stance on that.
Borderlands 2: Like I said. Didn't really like.

Recommended: Haven't tried most of them, but Serious Sam 3 never kicked off and I got bored by it. Ugh. The rest of them may be good.

..I'm not too impressed by this thing. That being said, my Steam library doesn't really reflect my taste in games rgR, as I have a lot of stuff on consoles and non-steam-related things.

Aug 31, 2012
Huh...apparently my number one personalised game that I should buy is Cherry Tree High Comedy Club, an animu schoolgirl RPG. I have no idea what in my library or choices prompted that one.

Bordelands 2 it recommended twice and I do really want to play that when I get a PC capable of it.

Also I'm stoic and serious.

MarlonBlazed

Jun 9, 2011
Surprise surprise another one of these tests completely wrong and I'm not in the minority, who would have guessed.

Why do people believe these tests work? Whole classes are dedicated to handing these stupid things out to help you find things best suited for you and it never works, even the people who go through with it ignoring their better judgement always end up not liking it and coming back for another test.

The very fact that some employers hand out personality tests is bonkers, what's next astrology? "I'm sorry sir but I'm a Scorpio and you're a..." OK, I'm not researching astrology just to make a joke.

FTR: I got wild and free. Oh now I understand, I always was a little wild when I was freebasing.

The_Echo

Mar 18, 2009
Naeras said:
Dude. My "Top" lists are exactly the same as yours. Kind of... kinda makes it seems a little less authentic.

OT: I wish this could use your Raptr profile as well as Steam, since as it is, all of my non-Steam games (read: 90% of my games) are wasted potential here.

jericu

Oct 22, 2008
Naeras said:
My results:

Now let us see here...

Top 2012:
Torchlight 2: ..eh. It wasn't bad, but it definitely wasn't amongst my favorites.
FarCry 3: I'm not too big on sandboxes. This one could be different, but I usually get bored by them.

Top games:
Skyrim: It was fun until my NPCs started doing all the work for me, after that it was just another sandbox that I got bored of.
Portal 2: Yeah, it was fairly fun, especially the co-op. Not a top game, however.
Civ V: I like strategy and tactics. I don't like the grand strategy genre, however. Haven't tried Civ V, but I'm fairly certain it won't change my stance on that.

Recommended: Haven't tried most of them, but Serious Sam 3 never kicked off and I got bored by it. Ugh. The rest of them may be good.

..I'm not too impressed by this thing. That being said, my Steam library doesn't really reflect my taste in games rgR, as I have a lot of stuff on consoles and non-steam-related things.
Woah, what the hell? The results in the first two columns are exactly the same as what I got! Only the third is different.

What's the point of showing the first two columns if they're the same for everyone?

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
Interesting results... Won't argue with it much, sounds roughly right, might check out one or two of those games when I'm a little less poor.

felbot

May 11, 2011
Naeras said:
My results:

Now let us see here...

Top 2012:

Top games:

um this is kinda odd, you top games of 2012 and your overall top games are exactly like mine, difference being i havent even played 3 out of the first 5 games, and only barely played torchlight 2, borderlands I loved though, so it at least got that right.

also my personality type was apparently "serious and vulnerable", not sure what that means.