Crysis 2 has been leaked, is even now being pirated by thousands of unscrupulous souls.

AWAR

Nov 15, 2009
Pirates blah blah stealing games blah blah greedy fuckers blah..

What's the big deal do you all own crytek's stocks? In all of this anti-pirate hate you haven't even realised that the leaked version is by no means the full game....

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
SoulSalmon said:
Vault101 said:
SoulSalmon said:
Vault101 said:
-SNIP-
SoulSalmon said:
I myself enjoy breaking around AP measures, and there is actually little else that can give one a feeling of accomplishment as the knowledge that something someone else spent weeks on, you can break in a day or two. There will always be one part of the human psyche that gets a pure dose of thrill from being "better" then people that are held in higher esteem then oneself. Whether it be killing a pro player in an FPS or scoring a goal against a famous sport player, that drive will always be there.
right....so your helping to screw up the industry for everyone else...like I said for "fun" you couldnt use such skills for anything productive?
Oh yeah? and what do you propose would be a "productive" use for "such skills" as cracking AP?
Working in security? Pah, that'd be pointless, you'd only be giving other people something to have fun cracking.

If you could give ONE good example by my standards, much applause would be in order.
Honestly? I dont know
And thats the only legitimate answer, *claps*
Just remember one thing for me if you would be so kind, before berating someone over a hobby and telling them to "go do something productive", give yourself 10 seconds to check if it's possible.

Besides, we're the people who get the DRM free games >.> if other people are inconvenienced on the wayside then so be it.
Call me selfish, it'd be true, but I feel no obligation to help a majority who are going to turn around and accuse me for something else later anyway.
cracking it is one thing, putting that stuff out their availible for download is another (like I said I dont know how it works)

Its not the fact that you do this as a hobby, but it affects other people and you dont seem to care, in that case people who do the right thing technically have every right to acuse you because your part of the problem

Seneschal

Blessed are the righteous
Jun 27, 2009
aaaaaDisregard said:
I tried it, and the game is great so far. I had some doubts about buying, but not anymore - it's worth the money for campaign alone.
Won't be playing this version though - better wait for the final.
If you've tried the campaign, could I just ask whether it's as story-centred as they said it would be? I know Richard K. Morgan of Altered Carbon is writing it, so I had high hopes (though I don't think I can run it on my rig).

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
Sandjube said:
TheYellowCellPhone said:
I feel bad that I laughed at this. Oh dear...

Maybe this shouldn't be taken so lightly. CryTek is going to be very mad, and please, PLEASE don't make them lose support for the PC. I still dream of playing Timseplitters 4.
Is timesplitters coming on Pc? because that would be amazing. I haven't hearda nything about No.4 for ages now, kinda thought they just stopped or gave up or something.
CryTek bought out the company that made the TimeSplitter series, and they said before they were 'testing' the idea of making another TimeSplitters, but they currently were occupied with Crysis 2.

Slangeveld

Jun 1, 2010
Damn, I really don't like this. :/ I hope Crytek won't be discouraged in making PC games. Or rather, that they can overcome the obvious discouragement this brought on >.>...

Maybe I'm feeling too sorry, but this sucks. Brb, pre-ordering the expensive version now.

gl1koz3

May 24, 2010
Who cares. That is as beta version. As buggy as all hell. You'd buy the game if you liked it just to get rid of the bugs for it to fully shine when it actually works.

Synek

Mar 31, 2009
I don't think Crytek should care about the pirates since they are people who will never buy anything anyway.
What the should be concerned with is their internet security and not letting
this type of inside job happening again.
The real issue now is that the multiplayer master key is out.

aaaaaDisregard

Feb 16, 2010
Seneschal said:
If you've tried the campaign, could I just ask whether it's as story-centred as they said it would be? I know Richard K. Morgan of Altered Carbon is writing it, so I had high hopes (though I don't think I can run it on my rig).
I played only 2 missions so far (and won't play any further - this version is heavily bugged, better wait for my pre-order), and it looks like there's more plot in Crysis 2 than in the original. I don't know if it's any good yet, but it is here, and the game clearly steers towards more scenario-based structure.

By the way, the book which comes out sometime after Crysis 2 itself is written by Peter Watts (whose Blindsight I did like a lot). Crytek really was busy with the plot this time around.

slightly evil

Feb 18, 2010
That's horrible!
*laughing fits*

gl1koz3 said:
Who cares. That is as beta version. As buggy as all hell. You'd buy the game if you liked it just to get rid of the bugs for it to fully shine when it actually works.
my ackbar senses are tingling... is it possible this is a huge trap?

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
unless people grow up and don't download this stuff on principle, then gaming is going to crash again. Plus with all the gaming "controversy" nowadays, it's going to take more than Ninendo and the like to pull it back out this time.

Blazingdragoon04

May 22, 2009
Vibhor said:
Blazingdragoon04 said:
Christopher Dudgeon said:
Alll I can say is whoever leaked this is a TWAT

Nuff said
I actually disagree, as there is certainly more to add to that. Whoever is out there that is illegally downloading this game and not spending the money on it that would help give an AMAZING DEVELOPMENT STUDIO MONEY TO STAY IN BUSINESS AND FEED THEIR FAMILIES deserves to have their computer blow up in their face Live Free of Die Hard style.

Seriously, fuck you hackers and pirates. You ruin everything...
Tell me, What would you do?
You have preordered the game but there are still weeks until release but then you see that a leaked version is there on the net.
I personally would download the leaked version because they didn't give PC guys a demo to check that their systems can run it or not, plus I have already preordered, making me more than eligible for at least a demo.
What I posted is purely hypothetical as I don't play fps and a half baked one would only ruin the experience.
I really don't get why you feel the need to even ask "what would I do" when I've made my position all buy obvious. All it says to me is that you feel high up on the pedestal that you got on that you feel the need to talk down to me by making it seem like I didn't even consider the other option (by the way, the other option is stealing).

So, since I guess I need to clarify, I would not download the leaked game. It is stealing, the guy who posted it is costing these game makers thousands of dollars, and for every one pirate like yourself, an apparently morally upright pirate who only steals because... he wasn't given a demo and still might buy the game (but I really honestly doubt that since you mention your pre-order twice and never bother to say that you are going to GO and get the game), you have probably, oh... whats a modest number, 50, maybe 100 people who download it and never buy the real game?

No demo? QQ4U, or in english, too fucking bad. You are not entitled to a demo, a demo is not something that is legally written into the requirements for what must be in a game, and your retarded logic of "I'm entitled to a demo, so I guess I'll just steal a 99% completed version of the final game" is just so dumb that it makes the rest of people who play video games dumber just by having read it, and makes the people who play video games look like self-entitled greedy little pissants who need to be punished, which leads to all of the anti-pirating that has been going on in the gaming world as of late. So thank you for keeping these stereotypes and shitty situations going.

As for system requirements, holy shit is that the worst reason for pirating a game ever. Here's a thought... google the system requirements. It really isn't that hard. I just did and I got 5 credible sources right away, all of which are easily accessible. I mean, yeah, they did just came out on February 2nd, but I'm pretty sure if you are pirating because you just can't wait for the system requirements you should really stop and re-evaluate your life. Oh, and the pirated copy came out AFTER the requirements were posted, so you don't even have that either.

Seriously, I really don't understand the sentiments of some people that pirates are these upstanding members of society who go around showing the big bad game developers who is boss? They are just a bunch of cheap, greedy, narcissistic assholes who only think of themselves and have no understanding of cause and effect, or consequences for their actions. The pirates are not Robin Hood here guys. Robin Hood stole from the corrupt rich and gave to the needy poor while helping to keep morale among the poor populace high and did it with no need of reward for himself. Pirates, by contract, is more akin to a guy breaking in to a working class person's house, stealing all their money, breaking the front door so the house can be robbed by others, and then going out and buying a new computer with the money so he can watch LOLcat videos in high def.

70R4N

Jan 14, 2010
Why is this thread here?
This shit happens all the time (Half Life 2, Civilization 4, CoD Modern Warfare 2), even Mass Effect 2 was released a week before its release(we all know how horrible it sold /sarcasm).
Yes, i downloaded it (Mass Effect 2), yes i played it, and yes i bought the game because i liked it. The best DRM is making a good game. If it turned out shit, i would not finish it nor would i buy it.
Those people that pirated the game and didn't buy it either didn't like the game or wouldn't have bought it anyway.
And btw, why does DRM exist? It's effectiveness against piracy is exactly 0 (except multiplayer titles).

This beta leak will only hurt the sales if the game is bad.

Vibhor

Aug 4, 2010
zpucek said:
Why is this thread here?
This shit happens all the time (Half Life 2, Civilization 4, CoD Modern Warfare 2), even Mass Effect 2 was released a week before its release(we all know how horrible it sold /sarcasm).
Yes, i downloaded it (Mass Effect 2), yes i played it, and yes i bought the game because i liked it. The best DRM is making a good game. If it turned out shit, i would not finish it nor would i buy it.
Those people that pirated the game and didn't buy it either didn't like the game or wouldn't have bought it anyway.
And btw, why does DRM exist? It's effectiveness against piracy is exactly 0 (except multiplayer titles).

This beta leak will only hurt the sales if the game is bad.
Tell this to everyone who hates piracy
Show them the extra credits video for bonus points

Plazmatic

May 4, 2009
TU4AR said:
Plazmatic said:
Is there a PC Demo?
It was announced two days ago, but there's no date for it yet. Huuur. They won't need one now :p

sorry, I hope I didn't sound like I was saying that there was no or never was going to be a PC demo in my question

It was a legitimate question

Any way I wont pirate it because I actually want the game, probably won't get the demo either because it will make me OP in multiplayer or campaign.

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
EcksTeaSea said:
Even if it is out, insanely stupid to even try pirating now. Bet your ass they are going to be watching these guys like crazy to find out who they are and sue.
You mean PC Gamer. It is believed that an employee for PC Gamer stole it when Crytek were presenting it to them. Crytek are going to take this to court and and sue everyone who was involved with distributing it asses off.