Crytek UK Testing the Waters for New TimeSplitters Game

Sinister Minister

May 20, 2009
Crytek UK, do you realize how much time me and many, MANY other players have spent on this series and enjoyed every god damn minute of it?

If you bring TimeSplitters 4 to fruition I will probably never play anything else ever again. That is, if it has online capabilities like Future Perfect did. I don't know if you're even going to see this but let it be known that we want TS4!

SalamanderJoe

Jun 28, 2010
YES YES YES YES OH THANK YOU GOD!! I would love Crytek UK/Free Radical forever!

First off, R-100 needs a come back, as well as Calamari, oh and the power ups and health bars need to stay and [sub]Captain Ash needs an apperance saving the Amazon queen again, OH and...[/sub]

rembrandtqeinstein

Sep 4, 2009
Timesplitters 2 had the best mutliplayer of any console shooter. Timesplitters 3 had the best campaign/co-op of any console shooter.

Assault maps on the hardest settings and 3 players split screen are some of the most fun ever to be had in gaming.

I will purchase a ps3 immediately if TS4 has the goofy feel of those games without acknowledging the "brofist" demographic.

schtick

Jan 19, 2010
If this game actually comes out and keeps the good traditions of the three first Timesplitters, so help me God, I will buy fifteen copies myself just to show my gratitude! Lets pray this is the sign we were waiting for all these years. I say, screw Duke Nukem, it's time to split!

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
Logan Westbrook said:
The TimeSplitters games had been a product of their time, he explained, and of where they were made, and because of this, the games had performed differently in different territories. This meant that everyone that Crytek had spoken to was aware of the TimeSplitter games, but some looked at it as a successful series, while others saw a series that never quite reached its full potential.
Logan, everyone I knew had Time Splitters 2. Where did it sell poorly?

Distorted Stu

Sep 22, 2009
Do Crytek not realise ow much money they would make from a new Timesplitters?!

[HEADING=2]MAKE IT NOW DAMMITTT[/HEADING]

Speaking of Dammit, an appropiate video if Crytek do not make Timesplitters 4

LawlessSquirrel

Jun 9, 2010
Oh yes, very good news indeed.

Still annoyed by my lack of ability to replay Future Perfect. Stupid lack of PC version or 360 compatibility...great game though.

Rogue 9

I, Jedi
Jun 22, 2008
Logan Westbrook said:
It would be great to see another TimeSplitters game, as not only does the series have a great multiplayer component, it's also one of the few shooter franchises to prominently feature monkeys. Just imagine it, the gorgeous CryEngine 3, used to render a cartoon primate. Who doesn't want to see that?
Bah, no monkeys for me thanks. My friends and I always banned the monkey from being used in TS2, the same as we used to ban Oddjob in Goldeneye 64 =P

But oh man, I am totally, totally psyched right now. I would LOVE to see a new TimeSplitters game. Time to dig out my Wii and go throw some bricks through windows.

Shycte

Mar 10, 2009
LawlessSquirrel said:
Oh yes, very good news indeed.

Still annoyed by my lack of ability to replay Future Perfect. Stupid lack of PC version or 360 compatibility...great game though.
I feel you pain bro...

Now I am to wash of the semen from my laptop screen...

Harkwell

Sep 14, 2009
(Gets on escapist)
"Okay lets see whats in the news today..."
(Human hand reaches out of the computer and slaps me in the face)
"Whuu- WHOA, NEW TIMESPLITTERS?!?"