Crytek Working on Fixing Crysis 2 Demo

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
well that's what the demo is for haha

guess we'll see...Next Gen Tactics have given me a good glimpse of it and I'm kind of interested (but with games like Bulletstorm and Duke Nukem Forever offering something different...ehhh tis a new season)

persona J

May 25, 2009
i always have full connection but on the kill cam im actualy miles away from the person im hitting.

kingmob

Jan 20, 2010
Besides from the freezes and "Connecting..." I got, I was seriously underwhelmed by the whole thing. It strengthens my conviction that FPSes on the consoles are only popular because many people just don't know any better. The gameplay is laughable for one thing.

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
I am ultimately underwhelmed by the demo as a whole and if the final release is anything like this then I will have no intent on pursuing this product further.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
If they are having these kinds of issues around 2 months or so away from release then I don't see high hopes of it being much of a competitor to Call of Duty. Gamers are extremely quick to dismiss the multiplayer components of games if they are not up to scratch when they first get it.

Sud0_x

Dec 16, 2009
I clicked on this article as soon as I hit the Escapist home page.
Disappointed am I,
Crysis 2 Demo and the only thing I'm seeing is words like "multiplayer" and "gameplay bugs" and something called an "xbox"?
What kind of crazy alternate 'verse did I just enter? All I wanted to know was
-How it looks
-If it will turn my PC into a smoldering mess in the most beautiful way imaginable

Oh and somebody mentioned the audio is bunked..
I LOVED feeling the bassy thud from my speakers as a grenade blew up the environment around me in the original, and the guns sounded by no means ratty.

After the news of Dungeon Siege: Console Edition I thought this was the end.
We're in for darker times yet, friends.
Stay strong my brothers!

timmytom1

Feb 26, 2009
SpiderJerusalem said:
Well, this explains the bug I had. I started playing the Crysis 2 demo, but for some reason my multiplayer kept playing exactly like Modern Warfare.

I tell ya, it was weird.
I had the same problem. Wonder how widespread it is?

Triforceformer

Jun 16, 2009
SpiderJerusalem said:
Well, this explains the bug I had. I started playing the Crysis 2 demo, but for some reason my multiplayer kept playing exactly like Modern Warfare.

I tell ya, it was weird.
*Snap* *Snap*

But really, I'm just going to pass on Crysis 2. Bulletstorm and Duke Nukem Forever have caught my hearts by being funny FPSes that don't take things seriously at all. This just feels...meh.

MirrorSweep

Apr 17, 2009
I've never had any of these problems while playing the demo o_O However I haven't played a game without host, and yanks seem to struggle playing on my Aus host. =3 Which makes things a lot more fun and easy for me ^.^
And to anyone who is undecided on whether or not to download the demo, I really do recommend it.
It's a lot of fun and it's a nice break for other AAA FPS games, and you never know who you will run into, might run into me. =3 I know I was pretty excited when I ran into Hutch while searching for random instant action games. ^__^

Reaper195

Jul 5, 2009
GIJames said:
No, they're not working on fixing it...fixing it means releasing the demo on all of the platforms the full game going to be released on.
I thought fixing it meant they were going to release a demo of the game. You know...what we're forking out all the goddamn money for!

Eddy-16

Jan 3, 2011
Broken and inoperable for me, it takes forever to find a game maybe about 20-30 minutes and then when it does it freeze every single time which led to me headbutting a door and getting a nice sized lump, thanks a fucking million Crytek.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
yes, because there's more to a game than just the graphics Crytek :p wouldn't wanna go the ways of Final Fantasy and just make it all CG cutscenes would we now? (oh right, with your engine it wouldn't need to be CG! fascinating premise)

Nov 9, 2009
GIJames said:
No, they're not working on fixing it...fixing it means releasing the demo on all of the platforms the full game going to be released on.
I suppose I'll have to take that back; they are fixing it.

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/%5Bprimary-term%5D/tears_joy_crysis_2_receive_pre-release_pc_demo_after_all