Curiosity about Muse

Nickolai77

Apr 3, 2009
Instrumentally they can be pretty good, personally i'm not to keen on the vocal style however.

Amyamy

May 26, 2011
Never been that keen on Muse. They´ve got some good songs, but never been a fan really. Have to agree that their sound has become very generic indeed. It´s a shame though.

Pojo-san

Sep 21, 2010
Ulixes Dimon said:
Pojo-san said:
I personally enjoy Muse. I have a lot of their songs on my MP3 player. I personally enjoy there Absolution album the most with my favorite songs being "Soldier Side", "Uprising", "Sing for Absolution", and "Undisclosed Desires." I got to go to one of their concerts and I really liked it. I couldn't help but laugh at a commercial once where they were using "Butterflies and Hurricanes." They were using the song to showcase some new seasons of popular shows on a certain channel with that song playing in the background. It was suppose to sound uplifting and inspirational, but I knew that they got it wrong because the song is about getting revenge on someone and bidding your time to do it. It made me laugh pretty hard.

On a side note, I enjoy them because they are much better than any of today's American rock groups. Seriously what happened to American rock music? Did the nasty drug habit known as "the 80s" leave permanent brain damage to the music industry? They are a very few songs from the 90s to the present that I enjoy.
Soldier's Side is a System Of A Down song :p I think you meant Soldier's Poem.
/faceplam your right. That's what I meant :)

Mar 30, 2010
Meh, I can take them or leave them. They're not bad, but they're not that great either. I remember hearing Origin of Symmetry for the first time and I had to be told it was this band called Muse, as I honestly thought it was a new Radiohead album (a misconception which didn't go down well).

And the one track of theirs that I like above all others has been covered (and I think bettered) by Joe Bonamassa anyway:

Xerosch

Apr 19, 2008
Grouchy Imp said:
And the one track of theirs that I like above all others has been covered (and I think bettered) by Joe Bonamassa anyway
And even that was a cover version. The original is by Nina Simone and was written far before Muse started making music ;)

Anyway, I really hated the whiny singer's voice for a very, very long time. Found my way to their music with 'Black Holes and Revelations'.

Mar 30, 2010
Xerosch said:
Grouchy Imp said:
And the one track of theirs that I like above all others has been covered (and I think bettered) by Joe Bonamassa anyway
And even that was a cover version. The original is by Nina Simone and was written far before Muse started making music ;)

Anyway, I really hated the whiny singer's voice for a very, very long time. Found my way to their music with 'Black Holes and Revelations'.
Well there you go, I'm less of a Muse fan than I thought I was, and I didn't really like them that much in the first place!

And you're right, the vocals do take some getting past.

Broady Brio

Jun 28, 2009
I like them. Haven't really listened to The Resistance yet.

My BROTHER on the other hand? He went to see them live at Wembley Stadium where HAARP was made. Something tells me he likes them a lot.

suitepee7

I can smell sausage rolls
Dec 6, 2010
Ambi said:
I like them. I can't think of anyone who doesn't like them, tbh.
well hello there!

nah joking aside, i liked them up till black holes and revelations, and i liked 1 or two tracks off that album. the new album i thought was... awful.

early stuff is great though, even if matt bellamy is a tad overrated in comparison to other frontmen who are just less mainstream though

Sethzard

Megalomaniac
Dec 22, 2007
Country
United Kingdom
mojodamm said:
Love them. I can definitely understand people not liking Matt Bellamy's voice, but instrumentally they're amazing, and I've never seen a better live performance.
I take it you've never been to a Jonothan Coulton/Paul and Storm concert then.

I'm not a fan, but that probably has quite a bit to do with there is one guy who is incredibly in your face about his fetishistic love of Muse. He thinks that they're the second coming and that just by liking them you're well versed in music.

solar065

Jan 9, 2011
One of my favourite bands; though I like their first album, Showbiz, best.

I can understand people not liking bellamy's vocals, but I think they're brilliant.

b3nn3tt

May 11, 2010
Their latest album is terrible. Black Holes and Revelations has a few very good songs, but also a few that are not good. Everything before that I love

Cazza

Jul 13, 2010
They're good. Not at the top of my list but I don't skip them when they come on.