Curiosity - What's Inside the Cube Nears the Final Layers

Timzilla

Mar 26, 2010
Quick everyone! What ever is in the cube isn't going to be worth the hype! Everyone must go to the store and add more cubelts! Keep throwing your money at it to avoid being disappointed!

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
What's in the box? The same thing as in every box Molyneux releases nowadays, broken promises and crushed dreams.

Desworks said:
What's in the box? Schrödinger's cat.

It's dead. Curiosity killed it.
I see what you did there :D

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
The color green. Or an advertisement.
Or a video that kills you in seven days if you don't buy microtransactions.

Shinsei-J

Prunus Girl is best girl!
Apr 28, 2011
"And as the runner reaches the final stretch of the marrathon I think we can all safely say....
What's this? It apears someone is knocked out the runner and is now dragging him backward, what kind of cruel person would do this."
If Curiosity were a person I feel something like this would be happening about now.

Nihlus2

Feb 8, 2011
Spoiler alert:

Within the center of it lies the single and only copy of the real Fable 2.

It will however disintegrate if attempted to be tampered/copied or upon completing it.

Jayjay34

Sep 4, 2009
luvd1 said:
Some people have more money then sense. If there are idiots willing to hand over cash to play this, then all power to Pete's arm for taking it off them. But then there are always idiots who game.
No one has to pay to play this game. It's completely free to download and play. You can pay for optional, temporary powerups, but you can also pay for those with an ingame currency you get just for playing the game.

Jayjay34

Sep 4, 2009
Callate said:
I am, shall we say, less than certain what the ability to add cubes back to the cube has to do with curiosity as opposed to monetized griefing. It seems like the kind of stunt that caused Molydeux to come into being.
As someone who is playing the game, I think the ability to add cubes is a very interesting part of Molyneux's social experiment. Of all the power ups you can buy, those are the only ones that can't be purchased with ingame money (coins you earn by clearing blocks). It costs between $0.99 to $9 to buy the ability to add more blocks, with price dependent upon how many blocks you want to remove, so anyone that wants to "grief" will have to spend a decent amount of money to make any sort of difference in the progress made. I'm interested in seeing who would actually spend the money to do so, as it seems it would take a really dedicated griefer willing to hand money over to Molyneux to ruin his own game.

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
What's in the box? A lesson in disappointment.

Typical Molyneux fare if you ask me.

Let's hope some eccentric millionaire pays the maximum amount possible to have cubes added so the cycle can start all over again.

TKretts3

Jul 20, 2010

I expect the contents of the box to end world hunger, and bring peace to the universe. It will discover aliens and alternate reality, and usher in a utopia... Or it could all just be one big let down; a note with the words, "Was it worth it?" hastily scribbled down onto it.

dangoball

Jun 20, 2011
VortexCortex said:
From the folds of her gown, she lifted a green metal cube about fifteen centimeters on a side. She turned it and Paul saw that one side was open - black and oddly frightening. Paul slowly put his hand into the box. He first felt a sense of cold as the blackness closed around his hand, then slick metal against his fingers and a prickling as though his hand were asleep...

"What's in the box?"

"Pain."
For this I instantly like you somewhat more than an average Internet stranger :D

Callate said:
I am, shall we say, less than certain what the ability to add cubes back to the cube has to do with curiosity as opposed to monetized griefing. It seems like the kind of stunt that caused Molydeux to come into being.
Actually I think that was a brilliant idea. After all it's supposed to be a social experiment into the nature of gaming and if I were a game designer I would be curious as hell to get those statistics. See? Curiosity is there, just not the kind a gamer has ;)

And to inform others as to my guess to it's disappointing content:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/comics/critical-miss/10306-Erin-Stout-Sage?utm_source=features&utm_medium=index_carousel&utm_campaign=all

ritchards

Non-gamer in a gaming world
Nov 20, 2009
I keep forgetting this is an actual thing that exists to play beyond just Peter talking about the concept... and that people are actually wanting to play it. And now it's nearly over!

Innegativeion

Positively Neutral!
Feb 18, 2011
Well, he made it with the intention of creating something interesting...

You have to at least give him that, it's an interesting prospect. The robot arm automatically tapping the thing was especially cool. Though... really, *other people* across the globe serve exactly the same function, chipping the cube without your input. Well I suppose every little bit helps.

Having not participated at all, I can say I'm at least interested to find out what it is.

I remember him saying it's something "lifechangeing" or "unbelievable" or something to that effect. Obviously it's gonna be a little underwhelming.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
wait ..... this is still going on? o.0... I'd thought it would have ended by now.

anyway, probably a game announcement of some kind, yet another of his games i shall not be playing cause I can't be bothered to

SirPlindington

Jun 28, 2012
All the money spent on the game is in the cube. Peter Molyneux isn't a troll, he's a mad philanthropist.

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
Lunar Templar said:
anyway, probably a game announcement of some kind, yet another of his games i shall not be playing cause I can't be bothered to
I bet if someone had said the box contained Half Life 3 it would have been cracked in a week.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Quaxar said:
Lunar Templar said:
I bet if someone had said the box contained Half Life 3 it would have been cracked in a week.
probably, that, or FF13VS, or Kingdom Hearts 3 >.> or some other series I stopped caring about years ago.

though if it was a proper Metriod game (like Super) I'd be after it