Cute Robots Protect Your Privacy on Street View

syndicated44

Apr 25, 2009
Too much cuteness need to do horrible things. Reminds me of that robbery that someone planned using their google earth.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
Ohhh... that answers all my questions about Google Street View. Thank you creepy/cute kindergarten J-horror video. Now I know!
Sparrow said:
I want that robot to be my son. I will name him... CANTI!
Fooly Cooly! That's awesome!

Dioxide20

Aug 11, 2009
WHY IS THAT COMMERCIAL NOT PLAYED IN THE US!?!?!?!
I'D STOP USING TIVO AND ACTUALLY WATCH COMMERCIALS!!!!

somekindarobot

Jul 29, 2009
Aww, that's the most adorable Orwellian surveillance system I've ever seen. Who's a cute invasion of privacy? You are, yes you are!

Emphraim

Mar 27, 2009
Awwww that was so cute!

I can see this being an effective advertisement in Japan. At least Google tries to maintain people's privacy.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Treblaine said:
I got to admit, this looks like it could be really effective... in Japan.

I mean face it, google is being way WAY more considerate than all those paparazzi C**T faces when it comes laws protecting photography in public places. Google is really doing all that it can to allay any worries and jsut want a cohesive street view map, something which IMHO is truly revolutionary.

It's not what you do, it's how you do it.
Honestly, I'd love to see this ad in the UK, but I doubt the hype conservative anal people will learn from this about how Google doesn't spy on people.

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
Flying-Emu said:
I don't get it. Where's the problem with them taking pictures of a street?
Wouldn't want all those street dealings to be published on the internets. Or the lady on Whale Street having her big ass published on the internets, either.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
Tom Goldman said:
What the video doesn't show is that if the robot takes a picture of you, it steals your soul and you die a day later. But at least he'll Photoshop you out of Street View!
New to the internet this business year: Google Ring! The only way to stop this menace is to send the download instructions to all your friends within a day, else a little cute robot appears out of your computer screen and kills you! Have fun :)

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
Doug said:
Treblaine said:

I mean face it, google is being way WAY more considerate than all those paparazzi C**T faces when it comes laws protecting photography in public places. Google is really doing all that it can to allay any worries and jsut want a cohesive street view map, something which IMHO is truly revolutionary.

Honestly, I'd love to see this ad in the UK, but I doubt the hype conservative anal people will learn from this about how Google doesn't spy on people.
Ok let me get this:

Government Spying: OK
Local councils spying on bin schedules: No problem
Mass CCTV surveillance: Live with it
Paparazzi legally permitted to hound families every step of their lives: Well we buy the pictures in "Gossip magazines", don't we?
UK secret service permitted to look at any email without a warrant or any judicial oversight: "Someone has to stop the terorists!"
Every single god damn person now has a camera phone: How is it different from before?
Satellite and aircraft photos of ever square meter of the earth: meh

Google takes photos of public places removing any identifiable feature: DEAR FUCK NO!

______

See Google is the favourite scapegoat of preppy pretentious douchebags who have no idea what the hell they are talking about and just want a soft target to ***** about.
Like when google started scanning and making available thousands of extremely old books and make them available to anyone this London Library bitches about it while they hold these books under lock and key. They are actually objecting to google making them available to everyone. Elitist dickheads just want to control access to information no thought for a second that the common man might want to read great old works.

theSovietConnection

Survivor, VDNKh Station
Jan 14, 2009
That is one of the cutest videos I've seen in a while, and the cutest robot I've seen since the cardboard robots that woman sent around New York.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Treblaine said:
Doug said:
Treblaine said:

Ok let me get this:

Paparazzi legally permitted to hound families every step of their lives: Well we buy the pictures in "Gossip magazines", don't we?
UK secret service permitted to look at any email without a warrant or any judicial oversight: "Someone has to stop the terorists!"
Every single god damn person now has a camera phone: How is it different from before?

Google takes photos of public places removing any identifiable feature: DEAR FUCK NO!

______

See Google is the favourite scapegoat of preppy pretentious douchebags who have no idea what the hell they are talking about and just want a soft target to ***** about.
Like when google started scanning and making available thousands of extremely old books and make them available to anyone this London Library bitches about it while they hold these books under lock and key. They are actually objecting to google making them available to everyone. Elitist dickheads just want to control access to information no thought for a second that the common man might want to read great old works.
Yep, thats pretty much the people I was talking about. They would also find his advert 'a pack of lies' etc, etc.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Treblaine said:

Governments spy on you to quash dissention before it spreads PROTECT YOU FROM TERRORISTS, and that's good!

Companies spy on you to sell you things, and that's evil!

Following along now?

[small]For your own good, say "yes", and don't look at that black van parked down the street.[/small]