Cyberpunk 2077 is delayed till November

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
There is an update on that article that says CDPR said no more delays. But then again, they said that the day before they delayed the game so.......

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
There is an update on that article that says CDPR said no more delays. But then again, they said that the day before they delayed the game so.......
I don't care if they delay Cyberpunk to 2030, really (Crunch issues aside). What feels really ridiculous is that other games are now playing musical release dates, desperately trying not to release close to Cyberpunk despite not being in the same genre.

Which is surely going to feel obnoxious if/when the decide to push Cyberpunk to January.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I don't care if they delay Cyberpunk to 2030, really (Crunch issues aside). What feels really ridiculous is that other games are now playing musical release dates, desperately trying not to release close to Cyberpunk despite not being in the same genre.

Which is surely going to feel obnoxious if/when the decide to push Cyberpunk to January.
This is getting ridiculous. For the game companies that are not CDPR, just release your game if you know and are 100% done making it. All you are doing is helping CDPR and playing right in to their hands. They've been doing constant delays on a fucking whim and it is sad.

Reactions: Dalisclock

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
This is getting ridiculous. For the game companies that are not CDPR, just release your game if you know and are 100% done making it. All you are doing is helping CDPR and playing right in to their hands. They've been doing constant delays on a fucking whim and it is sad.
There's also the whole issue of maybe the overlap of people who want to play Cyberpunk day 1 and the people who want to play your game day 1 isn't that big as to warrent such measures.

I could be wrong, but it seems like PoE and Cyberpunk are two totally different games and game types so releasing them next to each other shouldn't be a huge issue. They're not in direct competition with each other, aside from being video games. I can see CoD and Battlefield not wanting to release next to each other for obvious reasons but this? It seems more akin to a Hypothetical Bloodborne 2 and FiFA InsertCurrentYear having the same release date. The two are big but the target audience probably isn't gonna overlap very much.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
There's also the whole issue of maybe the overlap of people who want to play Cyberpunk day 1 and the people who want to play your game day 1 isn't that big as to warrent such measures.

I could be wrong, but it seems like PoE and Cyberpunk are two totally different games and game types so releasing them next to each other shouldn't be a huge issue. They're not in direct competition with each other, aside from being video games. I can see CoD and Battlefield not wanting to release next to each other for obvious reasons but this? It seems more akin to a Hypothetical Bloodborne 2 and FiFA InsertCurrentYear having the same release date. The two are big but the target audience probably isn't gonna overlap very much.
Exactly. Those that are in charge are pulling a whole bunch of mental gymnastics to justify why their game won't sell as well if they release it at whenever cyberpunk comes out and they're not any of the same genre. I know there tends to be hype and it overlaps or eclipses certain games, but isn't Everspace a niche game to begin with anyway?

Last edited:
Reactions: Dalisclock

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
Exactly. Those that are in charge are pulling a whole bunch of menstrual gymnastics to justify why their game won't sell as well if they release it at whenever cyberpunk comes out and they're not any of the same genre. I know there tends to be hype and it overlaps or eclipses a certain games, but isn't Everspace a niche game to begin with anyway?
I haven't played it but it's a roguelike 3D space shooter. I'm not really seeing the overlap with the First person cyberpunk RPG other than sci-fi elements and that's a very tenuous overlap considering sci-fi is a genre. DOOM and Tie Fighter are both sci-fi games but that's about all they have in common.