Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
CDPR is gonna need to do a lot of hard ass work to get back even ounce of good will. Maybe even more then what Hello Games did with No Man’s Sky.
It feels like it's worse with CDPR here because they had a great reputation before this which they more or less trashed in the blink of an eye. NMS, OTOH, was the first big thing from Hello Games and yeah, it's not a great way to get your name out there(a bit of an understatement) but they managed to recover from their embarrassing debut and have gained some reputation because of it. Sure, it's a matter of starting from the bottom and working your way back up out of the hole, so take that for what it's worth.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
It feels like it's worse with CDPR here because they had a great reputation before this which they more or less trashed in the blink of an eye. NMS, OTOH, was the first big thing from Hello Games and yeah, it's not a great way to get your name out there(a bit of an understatement) but they managed to recover from their embarrassing debut and have gained some reputation because of it. Sure, it's a matter of starting from the bottom and working your way back up out of the hole, so take that for what it's worth.
That's really the point. Before all this CD Projekt was seen as a really consumer friendly company. They had a great reputation, not just for quality games but for customer service, reliable support, etc. They threw all of that away for Cyberpunk (and massively damaged their relationships with Sony and Microsoft at the same time). Even if they try to build that reputation back up it won't mean as much because we've already seen they're willing to completely trash their reputation on a big release to meet a deadline, so what's to say they won't do it again?

It's not the same as starting from the bottom and working their way back up, they already did that once and torpedoed it all. No matter what they do now that wreckage will always be around them reminding people not to trust anything that comes out of their mouths.

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
All I can say is have fun, if you do.
I'm not really going in with that expectation.
CP2020 was my DnD as a teenager, so this is a nostalgia/curiosity thing. I very much doubt I'll see a PnP RPG that's been dead for 20 years come back in any other way. Other than the name, not much excited me about the game even before it came out.
I Play Warhammer games, so I'm used to playing for the IP and having it be vaguely entertaining as a bonus.

Reactions: BrawlMan

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
I haven’t really followed the aftermath of this game’s release, but ran across an interesting fan theory on what happened, which might explain why the whole game simply felt unfinished -

Last edited:

Dirty Hipsters

Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
I haven’t really followed the aftermath of this game’s release, but ran across an interesting fan theory on what happened, which might explain why the whole game simply felt unfinished -

And none of that is a good excuse for releasing a completely unfinished product. They never had to reveal anything in 2012. They didn't have to make massive changes to the game last minute. They didn't have to hold to their 2019 release date once they had decided to make massive changes to the game. That's all on them and their poor planning and decision making.

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
That's really the point. Before all this CD Projekt was seen as a really consumer friendly company. They had a great reputation, not just for quality games but for customer service, reliable support, etc. They threw all of that away for Cyberpunk (and massively damaged their relationships with Sony and Microsoft at the same time). Even if they try to build that reputation back up it won't mean as much because we've already seen they're willing to completely trash their reputation on a big release to meet a deadline, so what's to say they won't do it again?

It's not the same as starting from the bottom and working their way back up, they already did that once and torpedoed it all. No matter what they do now that wreckage will always be around them reminding people not to trust anything that comes out of their mouths.
So this will linger forever until we die and another generation of people replace us? Redemption doesn't exist anymore?

Dirty Hipsters

Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
So this will linger forever until we die and another generation of people replace us? Redemption doesn't exist anymore?
Redemption for companies can only occur if the people at the top leave and are replaced, but then at that point they aren't really the same company anymore. As far as In know no one at CD Projekt actually lost their job over this, and they really should have.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Redemption would be if CDPR rescind their public stock agreement and go back to being a private company, because that’s literally where the downward spiral began.

Fallen Soldier

Brother Lombax
Oct 28, 2021
Country
United States
It’s really hard to win back trust when it’s easier to lose it in the blink of an eye. But remember corporations aren’t your friend, they exist to offer you a product and profit from it. They aren’t in the business of being your pal.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Don't be delusional and try to fool yourself and others; it's not working. Your response doesn't surprise me much. Mr "There Is No Racism at Activision Blizzard and there's only sexism there." Yes, you did later relent, but it was only after providing you with the same links with the proof, I already reiterated over and over until you'd finally get it. If you actually want to start crying for someone, cry for those under the heavy crunch and mental abuse. Those are the ones you should be crying for. Not for some jackasses at the top, nor for some God damn shareholders. They sure as hell don't give a rat's ass about you, me, nor anyone else on this entire forum and website. Remember that.

Reactions: Fallen Soldier

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
Redemption would be if CDPR rescind their public stock agreement and go back to being a private company, because that’s literally where the downward spiral began.
Witcher 3's popularity and success resulted in them going public.

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
It’s really hard to win back trust when it’s easier to lose it in the blink of an eye. But remember corporations aren’t your friend, they exist to offer you a product and profit from it. They aren’t in the business of being your pal.
Even though that was initially the reputation they had

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
Don't be delusional and try to fool yourself and others; it's not working. Your response doesn't surprise me much. Mr "There Is No Racism at Activision Blizzard and there's only sexism there." Yes, you did later relent, but it was only after providing you with the same links with the proof, I already reiterated over and over until you'd finally get it. If you actually want to start crying for someone, cry for those under the heavy crunch and mental abuse. Those are the ones you should be crying for. Not for some jackasses at the top, nor for some God damn shareholders. They sure as hell don't give a rat's ass about you, me, nor anyone else on this entire forum and website. Remember that.
I just questioned if it is impossible to restore faith into one's reputation is all

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I just questioned if it is impossible to restore faith into one's reputation is all
Yes, but it takes a lot of personal effort, humility, and integrity. Those at top at CDPR have none of the above, nor do they care to improve themselves by much. I highly doubt they care that much. The only redemption is getting rid of them and putting somebody that actually cares about their product and those that work for or with them (the people more so of course).

Reactions: Fallen Soldier