Daily Drop: Daily Drop: Behind the Scenes

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
This was so interesting it almost made me late for work. Good job!

Though the fact that different kinds of food all mixed together looks a bit like vomit probably shouldn't surprise me as much as it does. I thought gastric acid would be a bigger contributor to making everything blech.

zelda2fanboy

Oct 6, 2009
I do more disgusting, dangerous, and injurious things every single day I go to work. Sorry, but I couldn't shake the thought in the back of my mind of "wimps." Oh, the shop vac is dirty, oh, I've got ketchup on me, oh, I scraped my knuckles with the crowbar. Ever seen your own blood dripping on the concrete? Or the bottom of a garbage can when people don't put their garbage in bags and just dump their sandwiches, coffee, sodas, and pizza? Or when you peel your nametag off at the end of the day and there's an outline of dirt around the area it was covering? And I just work at a shitty department store. Great show, but man, wimpy.

Yvl9921

Our Sweet Prince
Apr 4, 2009
Is this going to be kept up on The Escapist, or eventually taken down like all the other shows that ended? Will there be a DVD? Because I will have a need for a lot of this some time down the line.

daxterx2005

Dec 19, 2009
Well every Daily Drop got a pun from me, its sad to see it all come to an end.

I hope you guys are able to rent the camera again and do more daily drops in the future.

Also the contents of that vacuum sure did suck :'(

NO MORE DAILY DROP D:

crazypsyko666

I AM A GOD
Apr 8, 2010
Does this mean we can have ENN back? I'm going to miss BOTH of those shows.

Let me rephrase: My dad, who doesn't play videogames, overheard you guys, and thought I was watching something on Comedy Centrals website when ENN was on. He thought it was hilarious. I'm going to miss Daily Drop, but you all had something special going with ENN.

Don Reba

Bishop and Councilor of War
Jun 2, 2009
zelda2fanboy said:
I do more disgusting, dangerous, and injurious things every single day I go to work. Sorry, but I couldn't shake the thought in the back of my mind of "wimps." Oh, the shop vac is dirty, oh, I've got ketchup on me, oh, I scraped my knuckles with the crowbar. Ever seen your own blood dripping on the concrete? Or the bottom of a garbage can when people don't put their garbage in bags and just dump their sandwiches, coffee, sodas, and pizza? Or when you peel your nametag off at the end of the day and there's an outline of dirt around the area it was covering? And I just work at a shitty department store. Great show, but man, wimpy.
Don't diss Canadians, or they'll kick your ass like it's year 1814.

crazypsyko666 said:
Does this mean we can have ENN back? I'm going to miss BOTH of those shows.
ENN just moved to Penny Arcade: http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/checkpoint

zelda2fanboy

Oct 6, 2009
Don Reba said:
Don't diss Canadians, or they'll kick your ass like it's year 1814.
Freakin' loyalists. Pfft. :) This show was seriously missing some De Vere. Every shot needs Kathleen in it. Every single one. Thank you.

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
GeorgW said:
Nice episode, may even have been better than the series!
Will there be more?
I say: Let the fans decide! What if the fans donated things to be dropped on a (theoretical) second season of DD? What if the fans said "Hey, we like the show and we'd like to see it back sometime! What can we do to help get in back on sooner?" I'm pretty sure that instead of being in some ol' garage or lawn sale slowly wasting away, it would serve the community better in front of the high speed camera! Also, I imagine some fans would have some...eh...interesting suggestions and/or donations, which would make for awesome recreational internet video viewing.

How about it?

(Captcha: for agromund. FOR AGROMUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNND!)

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
See, I knew it. You don't just crowbar an NES game and get away scott-free. Instant karma.

And the slap at the end was awesome.

Delusibeta

Reachin' out...
Mar 7, 2010
Yvl9921 said:
Is this going to be kept up on The Escapist, or eventually taken down like all the other shows that ended?
Eh, wot? The Escapist seems to be still hosting all of its old shows [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/galleries].

tautologico

e^(i * pi) + 1 = 0
Apr 5, 2010
zelda2fanboy said:
Does the department store require you to shed some of your blood on the concrete regularly?

Tiger Sora

Aug 23, 2008
That shop vac has had horrible things done to it.
Really cool episode guys. behind the scenes is fun.

zelda2fanboy

Oct 6, 2009
tautologico said:
Does the department store require you to shed some of your blood on the concrete regularly?
Seems like it. I saw one guy slice his hand open on the bottom of a display model oven he lifted into a truck. I opened up my arteries on a metal band around the top of a freezer box that looked like it wasn't going to be sharp (it was). Went right through my glove. Another guy tore his hand open when he was trying to pull a metal rack out of a narrow aisle. An elderly coworker got cut on "something" when he was putting cardboard boxes in the bailer. One of my old bosses got knifed when he got to close to a careless employee unboxing clothes. One guy cut open the side of his own hand when trying to cut the metal handle out of the side of a box so it could be thrown in with the rest of the cardboard. It's practically a minimum wage rite of passage.

I just recovered from a black eye I got from a careless fellow employee NOT working (fucking around) and flailing his arms around like a dumbass. That injury's a little more uncommon, but there have been two cases since I've been there of employees getting their teeth knocked out on a variety of stuff. Why yes, I do have a four year business degree. (Apologize for the random self loathing and whining. Feel free to direct your internet derision my way. It is much deserved. BTW, don't go to college. It's a waste of time and will turn you into an indentured servant for the US government.)

But yeah, I like the Daily Drop! And Canadians!

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
Awesomeness. The final drop should have been the gunk from the shop vac.. but then it would have to be vacuumed up again.

Yvl9921

Our Sweet Prince
Apr 4, 2009
Delusibeta said:
Yvl9921 said:
Is this going to be kept up on The Escapist, or eventually taken down like all the other shows that ended?
Eh, wot? The Escapist seems to be still hosting all of its old shows [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/galleries].
So it is! Thanks, I never saw that.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
CrazyCapnMorgan said:
GeorgW said:
Nice episode, may even have been better than the series!
Will there be more?
I say: Let the fans decide! What if the fans donated things to be dropped on a (theoretical) second season of DD? What if the fans said "Hey, we like the show and we'd like to see it back sometime! What can we do to help get in back on sooner?" I'm pretty sure that instead of being in some ol' garage or lawn sale slowly wasting away, it would serve the community better in front of the high speed camera! Also, I imagine some fans would have some...eh...interesting suggestions and/or donations, which would make for awesome recreational internet video viewing.

How about it?

(Captcha: for agromund. FOR AGROMUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNND!)
While that would bea awesome, I certainly wouldn't want to pay for the shipping of a few pound of stuff from Sweden to Canada and most would feel the same.