Daily Drop: Durian

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
Oh lord Durian REEKS. You brave brave soul.

Edit: Guys it's a fruit, grows on alot of trees in south east Asia, it's also famous for smelling like a barnyard next to a sewage factory. Yet for those brave enough it tastes okay enough.

But frankly it is not worth it for that hideous smell. In Singapore they find it amusing watching you try it. It's a past time 'watch the foreigner taste Durian'

mip0

Nov 25, 2009
"Widely known and revered in southeast Asia as the 'king of fruits'(...)" huh

Would light bulbs be fun? They sorta pop, don't they? I'd like to see it.

daedrick

Jul 23, 2008
If I was an extraterrest alien thing, and some human tossed me a ''durian'' I would say; Hey, I used to eat something very similar back on my planet, thank you human.

Anchupom

In it for the Pub Club cookies
Apr 15, 2009
The insides have the exact consistency of partially cooked bread doough 0.e

Saerain

Mar 24, 2009
Most people do seem to despise durian, but for some, it's practically a vanilla/banana/coconut hour of heaven. There isn't a very good understanding as to why.

Me, I used to fall into the latter camp, but later suddenly fell into the former. That was an unfortunate day.

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
Ew, gross.
Why does these vile... fruits (?) even exist to begin with?
They're an affront to logic.

busterkeatonrules

- in Glorious Black & White!
Legacy
Jun 22, 2009
Country
Norway
ForgottenPr0digy said:
I've heard about this fruit. Dude why do people eat it?? It smells and taste like rotting meat.

Its illegal to bring that into certain upper class hotels.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Durian
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/dd/Singapore_MRT_Fines.jpg

Hah! Forbidden fruit!

Yaxley

Sep 23, 2009
Part of me wants to be all like, "OMG, I hoped you used the aftermath as part of an Iron Stomach Challenge!"

The other part of me understands the implications of that and actually hopes you threw it away as quickly as possible.

AdmiralMemo

LoadingReadyRunner
Legacy
Dec 15, 2008
Durian, eh? Looks like a combination of a kiwi, a pineapple, and a pumpkin's insides.

valhala89

Mar 9, 2010
it's really an acquired taste i grew up with it and i love the smell and the taste.. in fact if you eat enough durian your piss smells like it too.. pretty hillarious

RobfromtheGulag

May 18, 2010
I tried it once on a trip overseas, but the smell is just so bad. I nearly get sick when I have to walk through the fruit markets hawking it.