Daily Drop: Ted the Cat

Feb 13, 2008
Quite frightening to see how the feline shock absorbers work...that cat has to be part snake given how low its head came out.

Beryl77

Mar 26, 2010
At normal speed it doesn't really look special but in slow motion, it looks amazing. Definitely one of my favorite drops.
When the cat landed on the ground, I was already jokingly thinking, that this was a failure and that they have to use the crowbar now but when I heard the music, I was like WTF?!

Gardenclaw

Jul 12, 2009
What would everyones reaction have been if the kitty had just burst into pieces when it hit the floor?

Sixcess

Feb 27, 2010
T8B95 said:
I was joking in earlier threads, but DAMN are there a lot of cat people on this site!
Well, this is the internet and...

<youtube=zi8VTeDHjcM>

Cool episode. The shock absorbing front paws were pretty amazing.

Now if someone edits the vid to stop immediatly after "Crowbar Is Ready" and sends it to Fox News that would start a good moral panic.

Just tell 'em Half Life made you do it.

Draconalis

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2008
Lady Kathleen said:
Draconalis said:
Awww... Cats are built for this kind of thing. You should have dropped him from higher, as well as forced him to land on his feet.
For everyone asking for a more 'spectacular' cat drop... sorry no. We wanted to make sure that Ted would not be harmed in any way during the drop.
Pish posh, and Tally wag! Also... other archaic statements I don't actually understand!

Vanbael

Arctic fox and BACON lover
Jun 13, 2009
Dear god Alex, you did. Except I was expecting the crowbar to be switched out for a string of feathers. But damn, very damn good drop.

tehweave

Gaming Wildlife
Apr 5, 2009
Three things:

One, I forsee this as becoming the most popular daily drop ever.

Two, I lost it when the 'crowbar' came up. Haven't laughed that hard in a while.

Three, "No animals were harmed in the making of this video." Yeah, no shit. Kathleen would murder all y'all if ya did.

Russian_Assassin

Apr 24, 2008
What a cute kitty :D

I have dropped my cat from a greater distance and it never breaks. They have some sort of an anti-breaking mechanism built-in...

Sporky111

Digital Wizard
Dec 17, 2008
Haha, best drop yet. As soon as I saw "Cat" as today's drop, I knew it was going to be great.

And the "Crowbar Ready" gag was perfect.

Grahav

Mar 13, 2009
Not posted, Kathleen countering the crowbar.

What is the song in the end of the video?

WaderiAAA

Derp Master
Aug 11, 2009
Ha, ha, epicness!

I'm a bit disappointed though. I was hoping Alex would pretend to wack him with a crowbar and we'd see his lightning fast reflexes as he jumped out of the way.

shadowmagus

Feb 2, 2011
Bendy cat is bendy. I mean, I knew cats had some shock absorption in their legs, but it was almost freaky there.

Don Reba

Bishop and Councilor of War
Jun 2, 2009
Mumorpuger said:
"Hm... wouldn't it be funny if they did the 'Crowbar Ready' sequ...

... HOLY COW THEY'RE DOING IT!"

I laughed.... Hard.
Exactly! Man, well-played!

itf cho

Custom title? Bah! oh wait...
Jul 8, 2010
That was probably the best drop ever.

Onyx Oblivion said:
CROWBAR!

You could have just done a gentle crowbar tap or something. :)
And risk the wrath of Kathleen? She'd murdalize 'em, if they so much as disturbed a hair with that crowbar.