Daily Drop: Ted the Cat

Trako

Jul 23, 2008
KITTY!

also... KITTY!

When I saw crowbar I was thinking either Alex would have a feather stick or that the crowbar would be used on a stuffed plushy cat. Feather stick would have been more hilarious. :)

KITTY!

Impluse_101

Jun 25, 2009
NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! DON'T CROWBAR THE KITTY!

Alex: RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWR---- Had you going there for a while, didn't I?

Me:FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Zyxx

Jan 25, 2010
I was going to do a long, satirical spiel on how you're abusing the poor cat and should be dropped from a ladder yourself, but I'm feeling too lazy right now. (Although you should drop a human at some point.)

Or maybe an equally satirical one about how you should have crowbarred the cat For Science, since after all "It's Just A Cat!"

(Just to be 100% clear for the slower students, I do not actually agree with either of the above arguments and have little patience for those who do. The first makes me roll my eyes and sigh. The second makes me bust out my own crowbar.)

But you should definitely have introduced the crowbar in a harmless "cat toy" way, with a feather or string or just showing it to the cat so he can ignore it.

Also, I'm curious about that thing on the back of his neck. What is that? Leash-attach collar? Electrode?

Captcha: ationaos Kad. Is it insulting me?

EGtodd09

Oct 20, 2010
HA! This is now my favourite Daily Drop video, not because its a cat, but because that looked surprisingly strange. Also, nice one with the crowbar, laughed so hard.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
That was actually pretty cool. I see it all the time with my cat, but it's odd to actually see it in slow motion so you can watch what the cat's body is really doing to absorb the impact.

wulfy42

Jan 29, 2009
mjc0961 said:
If by "had me going" you mean I was laughing my ass off because I knew you weren't actually going to crowbar a cat, you betcha.

Keep that crowbar closeby, though. You'll need it for when PETA sees this and comes up with some stupid reason to complain.

I guess you missed the last South Park Episode.....PETA is DOA.

Unclever title

Mar 12, 2010
I fail to see the science in not crowbarring a cat. I mean people have been not hitting cats with crowbars for centuries.

But then I guess this was the control cat. The control cat is valuable too I guess.

NOTE: This post is rampant with satire.

Beliyal

Big Stupid Jellyfish
Jun 7, 2010
That was AWESOME. Such an adorable and beautiful cat :3 And I got to see how much their front legs bend. Really weird, I always wondered how does it look like when my cat jumps, and he tends to jump from the top of the bunk bed. I wonder how that would look like in slow-mo.

And the crowbar part really scared me for a second there.

Dragonpit

Nov 10, 2010
OMGWTFROFLMAOLOLGTFO...And I just exhausted my alphabet for the day. But really, that was unexpected. A truly hilarious episode.

Kargathia

Jul 16, 2009
Akalabeth said:
Shoulda dropped it upside down and see when it lands on its feet. Though, given a concrete floor you'd probably want to test it on a bed first or something to make sure it would twist around in time.
If he couldn't then it'd be a failure of a cat. Or really fat.

Either way: still impressed with how flexible cats really are. You just try falling facefirst towards the floor from a good 3 meter high, and landing on the palms of your hands without smacking your head against the concrete.

camazotz

Jul 23, 2009
Wow very cool....the crowbar bit was hysterical, even to a cat lover like me! You should try my one cat that never, ever lands on his feet when he falls. Crazy cat flumphs on his ass then looks around like he meant to do it.

subtlefuge

Lord Cromulent
May 21, 2010
On the plus side, the past 2 weeks have been the best drops yet.

On the minus side, it's likely impossible to ever beat this.