Daily Drop: Ted the Cat

TheEldestScroll

Feb 20, 2011
Haha before the video even started I thought it would be hilarious if they did the crowbar routine as a joke.

When they did, it was triumphant.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
"No animals were harmed in the making of this video."

Sure, but one was subject to some outright silliness.

Ghengis John

Dec 16, 2007
Looks like the Cats into Cash plan is picking up steam!

I would have liked to have seen a full drop though. That is to say, here the cat was held in scooped arms and jumped of it's own volition.

Epic Fail 1977

Dec 14, 2010
Cats are cool.

I thought they were going to show CROWBAR IS READY and then cut to a shot of the cat looking something like this:

AwesomeExpress

Packages Delivered: 84 / 1900
Feb 4, 2010
I thought you were going to crowbar a stuffed animal kitty, but you didn't. Very funny! And it was cool to see the recoil throughout the cat's body.

ManiacEskimo

Mar 31, 2009
D'awwww, I loved the crowbar attempt I knew what would happen but still hilarious. A really cool drop to see, I've always wondered what a cat jumping/falling would look like in slow motion.

Don Reba

Bishop and Councilor of War
Jun 2, 2009
Maybe you should do a whole series on dropping small animals. Think about it. :)

Lolicaust

Nov 30, 2010
O HAI, ESCAPIST

Seems like my cat is having his fifteen minutes of internet fame... I am his 'owner', feeder and janitor. I will do my best to answer any Ted-related queries!

Starting with:

Scarim Coral said:
Ted is such a fluffy cat! Just wondering what collar is he wearing? I notice that round grey thing sticking out from the collar in the first drop.
Good eye - they were supposed to be tiny goggles, but he didn't like them on his face. After the first drop I just took them off.

Quiet Stranger said:
Can someone tell me what kind of cat Ted is? I want a cat like that
Whoever guessed Burmese was pretty close - he is a complete mutt, but his mum looked like a classic Birman. He resembles her a lot; fortunately, his attitude is much better.

shiajun said:
When the crowbar sign came up I was expecting them to swap a smash for them scratching Ted with the pointy end of the crowbar and the cat just squirming and purring. Would have been cool, I think.
He wasn't interested in standing still, or something like that might have happened. Instead, he wanted to investigate the fascinating basement he was in, and eventually hide himself behind large dusty objects. He carried that off like a pro. I'll see what I can do about getting some footage of him being a total suck-up.

OT: This is the first time I've seen the footage since it was filmed, and it's fascinating! Who knew that cat had so much skin...

Tony2077

Dec 19, 2007
that was interesting seeing what the legs did but the parkour jump off that high speed camera show on discovery is still the weirdest

Boba Frag

Dec 11, 2009
Yes Alex, you really did have me going for a moment there! :D
Paul's face as he angrily calls for the crowbar is always hilarious.

Loved it, guys. Especially the way you used the fluffiest cat you could find so we could see all that slo-mo fur cascading down.
Excellent stuff.

yeel

May 15, 2009
mcnally86 said:
There is a lot more flex in those front paws then I expected.
If my arms would bend like that i don't think they would be flexing back in position afterwards.
If you look at a cat skeleton they seem to have their wrist pretty high up their 'forearms' maybe this allows it to bend so much.