Daily Drop: Television

Cosplay Horatio

May 19, 2009
Congrats on the 150th drop and a two person one at that. Even though the tv didn't break it was amazing to see how resilient the tv was. This is why we need a sledgehammer and a bunch of other tools for the Daily Drop Armory. That VCR tomorrow should be less resilient.

stikku

Dec 16, 2009
Next time try throwing the wiimote at it.

you know than can even break todays screens

Archemetis

Is Probably Awesome.
Aug 13, 2008
'Nuclear launch detected.'

Cannot believe what I jsut witnessed. Thought for sure the cinderblock would do the job.

Archemetis

Is Probably Awesome.
Aug 13, 2008
'Nuclear launch detected.'

Cannot believe what I jsut witnessed. Thought for sure the cinderblock would do the job.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Michizane said:
Yopaz said:
CRT TVs wont break from a frontal assault, the glass is way too thick to be broken by a fall like that, there's also vacuum inside so it's built to last. If they had attacked it from behind it would knock off the protection from the back and cause an implosion. My physics teacher in high school taught me that, a wisdom he gained when he was trying to help a friend move his TV.
TV imploded by one drop to the floor because the back of it hit the table the TV was on.
MUST...
SEE...

DOO EEET!
I know, for that reason alone I've been wanting to find an old CRT TV just for the purpose of smashing of the back and see it implode. I have a feeling I will be underwhelmed by seeing an implosion... it can't be as cool as it sounds somehow...

Azure-Supernova

La-li-lu-le-lo!
Aug 5, 2009
And that is why CRTs are excellent gaming TV's, you can beat the shit out of that thing with your fists and it will simply comfort you as you cry with bloody knuckles.

retterkl

Oct 27, 2008
Ok I have an idea...

Get a Portal gun, make a portal above the testing area, then make one under the tv.

Then when it reaches terminal velocity you take away the Portal on the ground.

Who am I kidding, if Alex couldn't break it with the crowbar nothing can destroy that thing.

Dommius

Aug 8, 2009
That tv is built like a tank, maybe you should have dropped the cinderblock from higher up? Or taken a giant sledgehammer through it, that would have been fun too.

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
Wow, that is the first time I've seen the crowbar fail. That thing must have been made of a Nintendium/Vibranium alloy.

Urgh76

May 27, 2009
Wow, this is the first time I've ever seen the crowbar fail.

Did this ever happen before?

PerfectDeath

Mar 21, 2009
well, considering those TVs still exist during Fallout games, I am willing to wager that the nuke won't work.

Has to do with the thick glass that domes towards the point where the impact occurred. Domes are very strong; hence why they are used in constructing huge buildings.

Alfador_VII

Nov 2, 2009
So we've had the Playstation 1 being hard to kill, and now the TV being indestructible.

Now you know what gaming setup to put in your nuclear bunker. That will keep going for centuries!

Ren3004

In an unsuspicious cabin
Jul 22, 2009
Screw vests, if I have to go into battle I'm strapping an old TV to my chest.

And where was the "Monster truck is ready" sign?

Trako

Jul 23, 2008
Rematch! Use a forklift and cinderblock on the ground and clear a 2 mile radius!

Seriously tho, if this TV has a vacuum break tube, break that first and retry it. Rematch of the century!

K4RN4GE911

Apr 27, 2010
When Graham shrugged, I couldn't help thinking of Jamie Hynamin's famous quote, "When in doubt, C4."

I DEMAND A REMATCH!!!