Daily Star Gets Nailed for Made-Up GTA Story

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
Just one tiny thing, a version of the Xbox hit Grand Theft Auto, yes some grand theft auto games are on the Xbox but need I mention what GTA was first on?

On topic. This is why I don't watch the news or read newspapers, there all full of biased or untrue rubbish.

The_ModeRazor

Jul 29, 2009
That's... astonishingly stupid and pretty annoying.
Though it would be funny to see Rockstar sue the fuck out of them.

MrPop

May 14, 2009
PhunkyPhazon said:
I tried to see the story on their website. It's been replaced by this:

Wow, great journalistic integrity there, Daily Star. That's totally something I'd expect from a tabloid news site.
Ha!

That made me laugh so much. Because I'm on slow internet it slowly loaded down the image from top-to-bottom. Brilliantly hilarious.

And who thought to do this really? Well it was obviously meant to be a joke story. And I doubt they would of interviewed the mother of the ex-girlfriend. Nobody would be that horrible.

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
All games media should immediately run 'Daily Star in Raoul Moat free T shirt shock', explaining how the Daily Star has been saying how great it was what Moat did and how you can send in for a free 'Moat is a national hero' shirt.

Surely that wouldn't be libel or slander, if them saying the games industry would instantly profit from making a game glorifying a string of murders is just fine?

Or I could save myself a page of vitriol and sum up all my posts on this topic with the headline 'Daily Star - run by C***s'.

I recently discovered the 'Enemies of Reason' site, and it really highlights just how biased the national press are, I mean, running a front page of 'Migrants take ALL new jobs in Britain' with ALL in red ink. Does anyone believe that's even possible, that not one UK resident got a job this year? Unless they're finally being honest and realising we're pretty much all immigrants. Also, when it comes to striding into another country and taking over and demanding everything for yourself, England doesn't exactly have the greatest historical track record, before we start blaming immigrants.

'America you say? it's very nice, have these blankets, bye now'

OceanRunner

Mar 18, 2009
I'd have thought that the Daily Mail would do a story like this. They once blamed Manhunt for a similar crime.

MrPop

May 14, 2009
EviladeBlazingDemon said:
This isn't even raoulmoatly funny...
Oh god. All of the jokes are coming back!

My turn.

I always thought it would be safe to have a Moat around my town.

Silver Patriot

Aug 9, 2008
Kiefer13 said:
Chech said:
soapyshooter said:
Daily Star = UK Version of Fox News?
No, that would be The Sun - A newspaper which, if I recall, had a cover story about how "Emo" was a dangerous new cult. That being said, the Daily Star, the Daily Express (Princess Diana Times), The Mirror and the Daily Sport are all trash mags under the guise of news.
Don't forget the Daily Fail.
Funny. It sounds like The Daily Show, a "fake" news show, is more accurate then all of these other daily news outlets.

GrinningManiac

Jun 11, 2009
To put this in context for our Yankee friends across the pond: You know how your tv news networks supply less 'news' and more 'My Personal Opinions'? Our papers are even worse for that bullcrap

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
I think most Brits gets their US news from the Daily Show, it being a more reliable source of fact than either UK or US new stations.

Strangely I'mless angry about the games aspect and more angry about them going to Moat's grandmother and presenting her with this fiction, after she's just lost her son (yes he needed to die but she's still lost a grandson from her POV), and asked her what she thinks about this video game cashing in on her grandson's death.

Maybe they should have contacted Prince William the day of Princess Diana's death and ask how much blame driving games are to her death, considering her driver had both a car and hands, which can be used to hold a controller. Of course the Express mananges to still get a Diana story in about twice a week so it's not so far fetched.

Harrassing and lying to an injured and recently bereaved old woman just to get an extra line of quote for a fictional attack on rival forms of entertainment is so low they're in danger of hitting the Earth's core.

Carnagath

Apr 18, 2009
I wonder what the editorial meetings look like in this paper... A bunch of wankers with their feet up the table, smoking pot and making shit up?

asam92

Oct 26, 2008
Thats just sick.
Whats just as sick is that they quoted
"cover of Grand Theft Auto Rothbury - a version of the Xbox hit Grand Theft Auto,"
XBOX!!!! XBOX!!!!, thats bullshit man, get your facts straight before you go and type anything willy nilly like that. PS1 (following later with PS2) is the true owner of the original Grand Theft Auto series. OUTRAGE.
Oh yeah, and they are a pretty sucky newspaper for what they did.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Just when I thought English tabloids couldn't sink any lower.

What a bunce of fucking imbeciles.

Hawk of Battle

Feb 28, 2009
The real amazing thing here is the fact that the Daily Star has NEWS STORIES. Last time I saw a copy of it all it was was tits, ass and sex phoneline ads.

RobCoxxy

Feb 22, 2009
Kiefer13 said:
vallorn said:
ah the Left wing press,. thier so stupid!!
I think you'll find that the Daily Star is a predominately right-wing biased paper.
Vallorn has unlocked the achievement:

"Political Ineptitude: 50G"

Bleep Bloop