"Damn I used to be stupid."

Fuzzed

Dec 27, 2012
I used to think my penis would someday be 20 feet long. But 1 foot is long enough I guess.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Muunokhoi said:
At 19 I decided that I was pretty tough and took a bet with a mate that I could beat a kangaroo in a fight.

Woke up in hospital a day later with several broken ribs and a nasty gash on my stomach lesson learned.
Yep, I can't see any reason why anyone would try to take on Australian fauna. It just doesn't seem like a good idea.

OT: I've set myself on fire when I was a kid because I though t it would be "warm". I'd rather not do that again.

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
In high school I used to be a staunch anti-atheist republican.

I'm not at all anymore lol.

McMullen

Mar 9, 2010
CoffeeJack said:
I put a staple through my thumb in grade 5 because I wondered what it would feel like.
Would it be bad if I said I used a staple gun on my leg when I was 25 for the same reason?

mooncalf

<Insert Avatar Here>
Jul 3, 2008
Uh, I can find examples of my still being an idiot from last November, every year. It's a cyclical thing, I think I'm getting better, then I trip up. :D

PhunkyPhazon

Dec 23, 2009
I used to have a very poor work ethic and it almost cost me my high school graduation. I just went to school because I had to, so I didn't bother putting any effort into anything. These days I'm the complete opposite, I even made the dean's list last semester. Amazing what a change in attitude can do.

SadisticFire

Oct 1, 2012
Every week when I learn a new, efficient, or way(or just rethink) a way to program. It starts to feel nice though after the first few times.

Though way back I used to think Alaska was in the midwest, and I alwatys called it antarctic because I knew both of them were essentially tundras, but didn't know which one was which.

LtWigglesworth

Jan 4, 2012
Well there was the time in my first year of university when I started off drinking beer, moved on to vodka slushy, and then on to drinking 80% vodka from the bottle. And then drank a third of a litre of Johnny Walker...
Not a good morning after...

Silly Hats

Dec 26, 2012
Failing to read Women's Signals until shortly after the conversation ended
I would have my Full Drivers license if I hadn't kept my Provisional License for a year longer than I should have.
Buying the amount of music equipment that I have.
Not going to the Doctor when I should have.

BlackStar42

Jan 23, 2010
When I was a small child, looking directly into the business end of a lighter and flicking it on to see what would happen. Luckily, no permanent damage done, but still...

Zeldias

Oct 5, 2011
0takuMetalhead said:
Mike the Bard said:
I write as a hobby, and i'm no exception to the old adage that a writer is his worst critic. Any time i go back and read any of my old stories, I groan at how bad it is.

I would share some with you guys, but you can't exactly unburn paper.
A great artist or writer is never 100% happy with his own work. I have it with my drawings and poetry.
Yep. I try to keep all my stuff so whenever I find myself getting a little too satisfied, and can look at what I once was and ground myself. Got smug because you finished that creative thesis and got yourself invited to some readings? LOL LOOK AT THESE SONNETS YOU USED TO WRITE.

I don't really feel like I had dumb moments with the opposite sex. Typically, I was just oblivious or involved with someone else, so missing out on some things is just whatever to me in that regard. I think the two most stupid things I can come up with are 1) I used to drink scotch and gin straight, chased with rum and beer, and smoke weed on the roof of my house and I am to this day amazed that I am alive and 2) I was too into romance and shit like that. Too concerned with being in love, too concerned with making that love the perfect relationship and bending over backwards.

There's other, more dangerous stuff, but I was just a fool kid being a foolish kid.

Sorry, folks. I just kinda lack shame :p.

DoomyMcDoom

Jul 4, 2008
I don't consider myself to have ever been dumb, however less experienced, less knowledgeable, those are certainties of youth, there's always more to learn, then you die, and all that learning, all that experience, is gone.

uchytjes

Mar 19, 2011
SadisticFire said:
Every week when I learn a new, efficient, or way(or just rethink) a way to program. It starts to feel nice though after the first few times.

Though way back I used to think Alaska was in the midwest, and I alwatys called it antarctic because I knew both of them were essentially tundras, but didn't know which one was which.
okay, I can understand confusing arctic with antarctic, but in the midwest? any clue on how you came to that conclusion?

SadisticFire

Oct 1, 2012
uchytjes said:
SadisticFire said:

okay, I can understand confusing arctic with antarctic, but in the midwest? any clue on how you came to that conclusion?
Nope, just kinda thought it was there, about where North Dakota was. Five year old me was not good with geography, and fifth-teen year old me is still pretty bad with geography.

Poetic Nova

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus
Jan 24, 2012
Zeldias said:
0takuMetalhead said:
Mike the Bard said:
I write as a hobby, and i'm no exception to the old adage that a writer is his worst critic. Any time i go back and read any of my old stories, I groan at how bad it is.

I would share some with you guys, but you can't exactly unburn paper.
A great artist or writer is never 100% happy with his own work. I have it with my drawings and poetry.
Yep. I try to keep all my stuff so whenever I find myself getting a little too satisfied, and can look at what I once was and ground myself. Got smug because you finished that creative thesis and got yourself invited to some readings? LOL LOOK AT THESE SONNETS YOU USED TO WRITE.
Actually doing the same with my poetry, disposed of some old ones i didn't like anymore and deleted their digital back up. Found them horrible after 2 years.

Drops a Sweet Katana

Folded 1000x for her pleasure
May 27, 2009
I've said and done plenty of dumb shit over the course of my brief existence. Most in recent memory are from asking girls out, trying to sound smart and informed on stuff I'm not or just plain absent-mindedness. A highlight of the latter two being this: my friends are talking about TV shows and The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air comes up. Someone then says something about Will Smith being in it, to which I reply "Will Smith wasn't in Fresh Prince of Bel-Air." And no that was not followed by the much-needed "...was he?" which may have provided some kind of buffer. And also, no, I had not watched a single episode of Fresh Prince at that point. Still haven't, but it taught me a valuable lesson in not making assertions on things I know nothing about.

RustlessPotato

Aug 17, 2009
When I was about 15 or 16 I became friends with a girl I was interested in in the hopes she would like me back in 'that way'. Obviously she met someone else and they're still together now (I'm 20 :p). I'm not bitter though, it was a lesson I needed and since then I've had a couple of relationships and am currently in one :).

PJGlenn

Feb 16, 2011
Pure Habanero extract powder, how hot could it be? lets just say dish soap is remarkably soothing when you cant taste it.

ScrabbitRabbit

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2012
I once tried to argue that you couldn't write a dark and mature piece of fiction without using profanity.

Also, recording a song a few minutes ago.

&#8206;"That solo actually sounds pretty decent, but I reckon I can do better."

*Deletes
*Fails to top it
*It's gone forever

I'm such a fucking idiot.

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
I came so close to getting an Avenged Sevenfold tattoo when I was about 15. I stopped listening to them when I was 16, along with that entire genre.

God, I would have regretted that so fucking much. I tell you, there's a reason they don't allow kids to get tattoos.