Dante Takes to the Air in New DmC Trailer

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
Jumplion said:
anthony87 said:
Zhukov said:
I cannot help but notice that almost all the comments on the youtube video are pure bile.

I don't suppose one of you esteemed DMC fans could explain to this poor, puzzled non-fan what all the hate is about?

Is it because Dante got a dye-job?
To put it simply, they seem to be taking 3 games' worth of mythos and chucking it out the window. The reason Dante's hair was white was because of the demon blood in him, same reason Sparda's and Vergil's hair was white. Plus DMC4 ended with a fuckton of ambiguity and questions so it's a little annoying to see a reboot rather than having questions answered.
Isn't this supposed to be a prequel explaining how all of whateverthehell the other DMCs did actually happened? The whole Devil Trigger thing has his hair turn white, his transformation into a devil or something.
I'm not really sure to be honest. On some sites you'll hear that it's a prequel, on others you'll hear that it's an alternate universe thing and that what we're seeing is actually a completely different Dante. Then you gotta consider that DMC3 was a prequel and doing a prequel to a prequel just seems odd as far as I'm concerned.

I'm not happy that I was one of those guys who jumped on this game as soon as it was announced but the more I see of the gameplay the more I warm up to it. I already know I'm gonna add to my collection of DMC 1-4 so if they have a legit reason for why he looks so different then I'm gonna be a happy bunny.

Lumzdas

Mar 14, 2011
Jumplion said:
I really don't get the hate for the game, it looks just fine. I can understand being worried/cautious over the game, reboots tend to shake the initial fanbase, but the outright hate that this game is getting after barely any info is released is just insane. Already people are downvoting this trailer and nitpicking at every single solitary thing, outright declaring that they will never be swayed and will deliberately hate this game no matter what. It's disgusting, to say the least.
I think the hate has to do with the fact that DMC is the only game like DMC. Bayonetta is close, but still far from the style/gameplay or simply the spirit of DMC. So when Capcom announced a remake is in the hands of a completely different developer alot of people got concerned and expressed that concern in a childish manner (what else can you expect from the internet).

I will probably not buy the game, or at least wait for it to prove to be in the spirit of good old DMC. I got burned once (DMC2). I don't want that happening again.

AJax_21

May 6, 2011
Gameplay looks surprisingly solid, especially from a developer like Ninja Theory. I really didn't like the combat in Enslaved, that's why I was worried for the new DMC. To me, the DMC series have always been killing demons with a kickass, balls-to-the-walls combat system. Add to that a hilariously awful story to spice things up.

I'm actually looking forward to it now but I still think the story is going to be pure shite because hey this is Devil May Cry we're talking about here.

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
no, it looks NOTHING like a DMC game. This trailer is nothing short of ass. Fuck NT's pretentious, holier-than-thou, borderline racist attitude towards what made the series fun and popular. They're a bunch of talentless hacks who need to be taken down a notch

Lord Devius

Aug 5, 2010
Gameplay looks solid, it's a prequel to DMC3 (which they've SAID but people seem to forget that), and he looks like a punk rocker, which makes absolute sense, with how he acts, etc.

I don't see the problem that apparently the huge vocal majority of the DMC fanbase seems to have.

Yeesh.

orangeapples

Aug 1, 2009
Woah, for a moment, I thought I saw a screen where Dante was in a red coat and had silver hair...

[edit]

yeah, it is there, around 35 seconds in. Red coat, silver hair.

Lord Devius

Aug 5, 2010
Aiddon said:
no, it looks NOTHING like a DMC game. This trailer is nothing short of ass. Fuck NT's pretentious, holier-than-thou, borderline racist attitude towards what made the series fun and popular. They're a bunch of talentless hacks who need to be taken down a notch
I am seriously curious, what the fuck does this bolded part even mean?

How is this borderline racist? At all?

AJax_21

May 6, 2011
Aiddon said:
Huh, I always thought what made DMC fun and popular was good combat and hilariously awful stories. And how does this not look like a DMC game? Dante is still slaughtering demons in ridiculous, over-the-top ways. Visuals are still slick and combat looks surprisingly solid. Seriously, what's wrong with this particular DMC? is it the hair?

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
Easily Forgotten said:
Aiddon said:

Antoniades saying awhile back that Dante was "too Japanesey" and "he would be laughed out of any bar outside of Tokyo". Translation: "Anything from Japan sucks BALLS". Fuck that stuffy, crybaby Limey. Maybe if he learned a little humility NT's games wouldn't be such flops commercially.

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
Packie_J said:
Aiddon said:
Huh, I always thought what made DMC fun and popular was good combat and hilariously awful stories. And how does this not look like a DMC game? Dante is still slaughtering demons in ridiculous, over-the-top ways. Visuals are still slick and combat looks surprisingly solid. Seriously, what's wrong with this particular DMC? is it the hair?
What you have quoted good sir, is one of those previously mentioned DMC fanboys who have spewed molten disgust towards the game and NT ever since the first announcement trailer.

There is no speaking to them.

There is no reasoning with them.

Just.......run o_O

Lord Devius

Aug 5, 2010
Aiddon said:
Antoniades saying awhile back that Dante was "too Japanesey" and "he would be laughed out of any bar outside of Tokyo". Translation: "Anything from Japan sucks BALLS". Fuck that stuffy, crybaby Limey. Maybe if he learned a little humility NT's games wouldn't be such flops commercially.
He... would be laughed out of any bar outside of Tokyo. Until he pulled out a weapon.

And there is a distinct level of foreign that a western audience in general is willing to accept. He was trying to appeal to more people (and make more sales) without getting rid of the core of DMC; that is, ridiculous story and over-the-top combat.

Whatever; fanboys don't listen to reason. Continue with your idiocy-spewing.

MegaManOfNumbers

Mar 3, 2010
The game looks fine, people can bag on the story and character, but not on the gameplay.

sadly I'm still butthurt about the whole MML3 cancellation.

With hope, Ninja Theory won't fuck up said story. Also, now the full name is announced, time for the obligatory name joke:

*ahem* DmC: Devil May Cry = Dante Must Cry: Devil May Cry.

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
So according to this:

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/08/16/dmc-devil-may-cry-dante-is-half-devil-and-half-angel/

Rather than being the son of a demon and a human, Dante is now the son of a Demon and an Angel.

Goddammit NT, one step forward and two steps back much?

TheDooD

Dec 23, 2010
Packie_J said:
Aiddon said:
I think he's talking about how NT basically shit on the original Dante and said they his original look didn't work for the market today because it's Japanese influence didn't work for the west or some shit like that. I remember NT did say some shit like that which IMO gets you no respect from the fanbase, great PR move by the way from them. Alot of people are torn when its comes to NT some love'em thinking they're the team ICO of this generation. While others think they're a bunch of fucking hacks that can't get solid gameplay to work right, while having awful stories to boot. Plus a lot of fans just doesn't trust this rookie team with working on DMC. If it was Team Ninja on the other hand people would have been much more hype. They already know how to do off the walls action. Then Trish and Lady already had some juggling with them so no fans would be angry.

Vohn_exel

Residential Idiot
Oct 24, 2008
I was afraid it'd become a God of War clone but it looks like they're at keeping at least the combat the same. I'm becoming more excited about this after seeing that trailer. If they do the series justice, I can overlook Dante's silly look. Plus, I'm almost certain a few of those shots had him with his full head of white hair, but I could be wrong and it's just effects of his weapons.

ChildofGallifrey

May 26, 2008
Aiddon said:
Easily Forgotten said:
Aiddon said:

Please tell me you realize the irony of calling the man "borderline racist" while you're directing racial slurs at him?

Deep breath here buddy. Take a step back and let cooler heads prevail. I'm a fan of the series too, and this looks like another entry in it. Aside from Dante's new 'teenaged Sid Vicious' aesthetic (which I, admittedly, am digging the hell out of), it looks like it handles like a DMC game. The combat looks fast and visceral and fun. Obviously we won't know anything for sure until some of us get to play it, but raging at an unreleased title isn't doing anyone any good, least of all you.

Speak with the wallet. You won't nearly be the only one who won't buy the game, and that'll send a bigger message to NT than raging on a forum ever will.