Dante's Inferno DLC Adds a Level Editor

Stabby Joe

Jul 30, 2008
SnootyEnglishman said:
Stabby Joe said:
SnootyEnglishman said:
Will the new playable character be Virgil? (Not from Devil May Cry the one who helps Dante survive the trials of Hell) i hope like hell it is.
IE the real Virgil!

That's the beauty part of this game, a lot of people can get a better (not full) understanding of all the references in games.
To get a potential full understanding read the book..
I have... many times. Hence why I said "better" and "not full" understanding. An action game would take massive liberties with a classical piece of literature.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Thats a pretty sweet feature with all I have seen with it.

hehe, you could have alot of fun with the editor =D

FoolKiller

Feb 8, 2008
Yay... this sounds great. I will get addicted to a crazy degree. I just hope the interface works well otherwise it will be an epic failure.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Well, I thought the new character was the Angel Chick/Martyr/Saint there. :)

That said, I have this game on pre-order from Amazon but due to super-sloow poorboy shipping I don't expect it for a while.

I have mixed opinions about the level editor, because in general a level editor/creator generally implies a game simple enough for the everyman to build using it, and I'm afraid that means that the game is going to come accross as being pretty shallow. In general I tend not to be all that impressed by games that include editing tools (with rare exceptions like Fallout 3).

I definatly think "Little Big Planet" counts as an "action game" albeit of a differant type. I think it would have been more accurate to say that this is new for a "beat 'em up" title.

internetzealot1

Aug 11, 2009
:O

This...
This is what I've been advocating in games for years...
Any kind of map-maker puts replayability through the roof...
But...
Of all genres, it seemed to me that the hack n' slash-ers would pick it up last of all.

keybird

Jun 1, 2009
internetzealot1 said:
:O

This...
This is what I've been advocating in games for years...
Any kind of map-maker puts replayability through the roof...
But...
Of all genres, it seemed to me that the hack n' slash-ers would pick it up last of all.
Which is what makes t so freaking awesome

CloggedDonkey

Nov 4, 2009
hold on, let me book a flight to Europa... wait, braking news god of war 3 will have a level editor with DLC pack: challenges of Luke. sorry, I had to. and why is it bad a game is like another game? sorry every game can't be completely original and trend setting. nothing against you Tom, it just ticks me off when people say "ITS LIK A NOTHER GAME SO IT SUXXXXORZZZZZLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!111ONEONEONE", something I know you didn't say, but we don't have to bring it up every time we can.

Once a Human

Nov 9, 2009
O_O

Awesome. "Bloody Tits On Fire Level 148,000,000,000"

No seriously, I don't have XBL anymore so it won't be available to you online folk. You'll just have to live w/o my artistic originality.

/snicker

sidereal_day

Feb 5, 2010
It's always cool when devs give more options to players. I'll probably not use the level editor because I have absolutely zero creativity, but it's still awesome nonetheless.

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
Seems like this will be a customizable arena/horde thing, and not a full-fledged level editor. Still, a start is a start.

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
Yay! Maybe I can make an actually attractive stage, unlike the developers, who can't do shit.

Seriously, I can't understand how the developers can be proud over this game.

rabidmidget

Apr 18, 2008
When I get my hands on the level editor for this game I'm going to bump it up from MA15+ to R18+

Plinglebob

Team Stupid-Face
Nov 11, 2008
I would buy this, but there are 6 games I want to buy with my March paycheque and so can't afford it. Will wait and buy it in the summer drought.

Frapple

Sep 7, 2007
mhm, Co-op as DLC? Not impressed, if it can be added that easily should be a core feature of the game.

Very lame indeed.

It's on the rental list already, hope it's a good one with very few QTEs!

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
I'm having lots of fun playing Dante's Inferno, but I've never much liked DLC... Meh, if it's free (probably not) I'll get it. If not... well... DI is good enough without it.

kawaiiamethist

Nov 21, 2009
I played through the demo two days ago and trembled in awe. News of this DLC just adds a layer of dusting of cinamon to an already tasty donut :D Sadly I am low in funds at present, so acquisition will be later this year.