Dark Souls Dev Apologizes for Technical Difficulties

Evilsanta

Apr 12, 2010
What does he have to apologize for? I only experinced some lag in Blighttown and some rare freezes. Though he will be forgiven in my book if he makes more Souls games.

newwiseman

Aug 27, 2010
There where problems so bad a Dev apologized?

The only thing that requires an apology is not releasing the game on PC. Why don't they want my money?

Dandark

Sep 2, 2011
Feel free to make your next game glitchy enough to make Skyrim look like a completely bug free product, as long as their is a next game.

In other words. I forgive you and hope that you make another game because Dark souls was awesome and I would likely pre-order another souls game.

Quiet Stranger

Feb 4, 2006
My only one issue with the game is the multiplayer and if any of you have played this game then I need say nothing more.

I would love to see another game in the Dark world, I LOVED Ash Lake, it's just so beautiful, I'm actually sad I killed the hydra now

Jak23

Oct 1, 2010
I never even cared, but I forgive you if that makes you make more souls games!

Argtee

Oct 31, 2009
The only fps issues that I had was in Blight Town, but they weren't crippling.
They were annoying, but not crippling.

[sub] I hated that place...[/sub]

Piorn

Dec 26, 2007
A new Souls game? Count me in. You have my support, Mr.Developer.

greyghost81

Dec 5, 2010
I'd buy another installment in the Demons's Souls and Dark Souls franchise even if the next game had frame rate issues, too. They're solid games, and even minor problems such as that won't make me steer clear of games with this high level of quality.

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
Mr. Miyazaki, you have cost me 60$, 3 controllers ((2 fresh from packs)), half my sanity, the love of my life and i still have a chronic fear of ledges.

While you have ((arguably)) ruined a portion of my life with this terrible, terrible, ((amazing)), terrible game. You have my blessing to continue forth on your quest, bringing us much suffering in the form of accidental rolls in the wrong direction, broken walls leading to death by distance ((often by rolling in the wrong direction)), and extremely enjoyable ((but STUPIDLY HARD)) difficulty settings.

I dont look forward to the next "Souls" game. In fact i dread the day. But please, make another. Its a light in the darkness that is modern gaming. ((If the light is covered in spikes, acid, broken glass and salt))

fieryshadowcard

May 18, 2011
DanielBrown said:
But what will they call the game? Dead Souls has been claimed by Yakuza!
Impossible to make a sequel!

... Damp Souls?
Dire Souls
Deviant Souls
Deprived Souls
Depraved Souls (hurhurhur)
Derelict Souls
Dragon Sou--*is sued*

Personally, I'm kinda partial to derelict.

Zetona

Dec 20, 2008
Really, the only problems I found with the game was the occasional bit of slowdown, some clipping issues where you could occasionally hit an enemy or be hit through a wall (for instance, the exploit of the Ceaseless Discharge boss fight), and the bridge dragon glitching itself to death on my first playthrough. Those were all minor issues, though. I'm just happy that there will be another Souls game!

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
newwiseman said:
There where problems so bad a Dev apologized?

The only thing that requires an apology is not releasing the game on PC. Why don't they want my money?
Many developers don't release on PC so it's harder to pirate the game and people have to buy a legal version.
They don't release on PC because they like money.

Biosophilogical

Jul 8, 2009
DanielBrown said:
But what will they call the game? Dead Souls has been claimed by Yakuza!
Impossible to make a sequel!

... Damp Souls?
Screw fire and lightning elements! I want condensation! Take that Firesage demon! Reduced movement speed and attack power for you!

You know what would be nice? Earth element, just add some impact to weapons, even if you need to build it like bleed (it builds up over time until you stagger on the nth hit). Or slime element which slowly adds up to 10-15% equip load.

Actually, in truth, I'd just like more viability for scaling weapons. The Iaito+15 was brilliant, but once you've maxed Dexterity, and put some points into endurance and vitality, someone else has a +5 Lightning Iaito, maxed vitality and endurance, a maxed out Pyromancy Flame and can easily beat you into a bloody pulp. And when you finally match them for health and stamina, you are too high a level to actually fight them.

DeltaWolfson

May 9, 2011
At least they apologize about the tech problem's, unlike Bethesda who just sends out a buggy game and we blind-fully buy. While they are hiding behind the counter snickering at us calling us an idiot. Thank God (or what ever you believe) Dark Souls have the maturity to tell us about it and say the they a sorry about it.
Bethesda, pay attention and you may learn something.

Ickorus

Mar 9, 2009
Haha, wow.

You're really worried we don't want another game because of the minor problems of Dark Souls?

Just..just take my damned money and make another game, oh and port this and the next one to PC as well, I think that is the biggest problem with the game.