Dark Souls rage/ rant thread

silenticecream

Nov 3, 2011
25,000 freaking souls lost after backstepping into a freaking abyss. Ahhh....feel free to share your experiences and help to ameliorate my anger. Freaking blighttown...

Dec 14, 2009
You think that's bad.

I lost 100k+ souls and 45 humanity.

Funny think is, the more you play, the less you actually need souls.

I'm in NG+ and I've stopped leveling up (SL 120 for PvP purposes), and I'm getting a shit load of souls and nothing to spend them on.

Ilikemilkshake

Jun 7, 2010
You think thats bad? i accidentally hit the merchant in blighttown, and to get him to calm the fuck down i had to farm 80,000 souls to request absolution -.-
But yeah, souls become less and less important the more you play, and eventually they become so easy to farm dying and losing them doesnt really matter

EDIT: haha wow, ninja'd by the first post o.o

KnightOfHearts

May 24, 2011
Lost 45k worth of souls to a group of rats who
Boxed me in a corner, would not let up on me
I couldn't block, counter attack or even roll

I beat demon's souls twice so I'm not really fussed about the souls but the fact that it was a bunch of rats!!!!!

What really topped it off was on my way back to retrieve my souls Alvina (forest covenant) summoned me to go mess some one up who was treading on her pretty flowers or something>
After I respawned at the bonfire I made my way back... where I was immediately set upon by the group of rats, nimbly I rolled backwards to avoid their vicious fangs..... and fell off a cliff.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Im a noob...how do I get humanity? do I just need to grind for it?

silenticecream

Nov 3, 2011
Ahhh...feels frustration falling, falling. Tbh, its these things that make the game compelling. You make a careless tactical blunder (me, countless occasions) and you are punished. But there have been so many occasions when I have chucked a hail mary with no health and won the battle, and this is a sense of achievement almost unparalleled in gaming. The fact that so many of your actions have consequences is just amazing. The angrier I get, the more I want to get to the nexxt freaking bonfire.

Dec 14, 2009
Vault101 said:
After you've killed enough undead, you'll recieve humanity.

Alternatively, certain enemies will drop consumable humanity. There's a really good farming spot just before Gravelord Nito (you'll know it when you see them, they're baby skeletons).

The skeletons respawn and also drop souls, so overall, it's a great spot to farm.

Dec 14, 2009
silenticecream said:
Ahhh...feels frustration falling, falling. Tbh, its these things that make the game compelling. You make a careless tactical blunder (me, countless occasions) and you are punished. But there have been so many occasions when I have chucked a hail mary with no health and won the battle, and this is a sense of achievement almost unparalleled in gaming. The fact that so many of your actions have consequences is just amazing. The angrier I get, the more I want to get to the nexxt freaking bonfire.
I agree.

Dark Souls (and Demon's Souls), are some of the few games where I never ragequit.

I'll die a lot, but I never feel that I was cheated.

It makes victory all the more sweeter.

Ilikemilkshake

Jun 7, 2010
silenticecream said:
so many occasions when I have chucked a hail mary
I quite often find myself shouting "FUCKING ROLL" when i get stressed out when ive stopped paying attention to my stamina and dont realise its ran out, meaning my character doesnt roll :(... i was playing it with a friend round, and he happened to find this quite hilarious.

Dansen

Master Lurker
Mar 24, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:
Vault101 said:

Alternatively, certain enemies will drop consumable humanity. There's a really good farming spot just before Gravelord Nito (you'll know it when you see them, they're baby skeletons).

The skeletons respawn and also drop souls, so overall, it's a great spot to farm.
Another good early Humanity farming area is in the depths where all the giant rats are.

Dec 14, 2009
Dansen said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Vault101 said:

Another good early Humanity farming area is in the depths where all the giant rats are.
I think I was really unlucky on that area.

I farmed it for a good hour and got maybe 10 humanity.

I farmed the baby skeletons and got 50 humanity in 20 minutes.

GabeTheOptimist

Nov 9, 2011
...I've had times after that game where I stood there staring at the black screen after rage quitting. Although it's nothing like EVE online. There was time in that game when I just screamed N0000000000000OOOOOOooooooooooo! for like 10 seconds. Everyone else went silent for a few seconds after that.

00slash00

Dec 29, 2009
dark souls and demons souls were never really frustrating for me, what does bother me about this game is looking like a zombie all the time. is there a way to stay in human form or do you have to spend humanity every time you die, if you want to look normal?

Scorched_Cascade

Innocence proves nothing
Sep 26, 2008
I haven't actually raged over this game yet. That said:

I just finished grinding up 400,000 or so souls to take me from level 50 to level 69, I needed the stat points to use the Greatsword of Artorias (it just looks really pretty, okay?)

Wielded it to find out that damage wise it's slightly worse than the sword I was using...but it's a good investment for when I level up more the stats (c/c/b/b params) while the sword I was using had no param bonuses [sub][sub][sub]or so I justify the grinding to myself anyway[/sub][/sub][/sub]

I'm going to use it to introduce myself to a certain necromantic-lord boss. The added holy damage will ensure his minions don't get back up.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
On my first playthrough I spoke with Rhea at the required time and saved her in Tomb of Giants. Didn't know she would die if I didn't instantly go and see her however, so there goes the miracle trophy for that run.
On my second playthrough I forgot to talk to her between the bell ringing. Hoped she'd still be in Tomb of Giants, but nope. Empty...
Working towards NG++ to trek all the way there just for that damn trophy.

FML.

godofallu

Jun 8, 2010
Scorched_Cascade said:

I just finished grinding up 400,000 or so souls to take me from level 50 to level 69, I needed the stat points to use the Greatsword of Artorias (it just looks really pretty, okay?)

Wielded it to find out that damage wise it's slightly worse than the sword I was using...but it's a good investment for when I level up more the stats (c/c/b/b params) while the sword I was using had no param bonuses [sub][sub][sub]or so I justify the grinding to myself anyway[/sub][/sub][/sub]

I'm going to use it to introduce myself to a certain necromantic-lord boss. The added holy damage will ensure his minions don't get back up.
Just to warn you I have an Artorias character who I cheated and got to max stats (99 in everything) and the sword even at max is only a few damage better then lightning 2 handed weapons. I don't recommend it.

My worst problem in Dark Souls was when I accidentally broke the ring that gives +20% HP/Stamina/Equip load. I had to remake the character after that since I am a perfectionist, especially when it comes to pvp characters.

enzilewulf

Jun 19, 2009
Psh at least your not stuck between a rock and a hard place. >.> dukes archives. Fuck that place. I went there instead of New Londo first and now im stuck in that stupid jail cell bonfire because I keep dieing by the mages. Im a fucking mage with a good sword. Just real shit resistance so they always end up killing me. I already lost about 30k souls just from dieing over and over again.

Scorched_Cascade said:

If you have range I would just use that. Kill the little minions and don't bother going into the big fuckers. Just use the other 3/4 of the area. He is pretty easy to doge except that spike.. thing he always does.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
enzilewulf said:
Psh at least your not stuck between a rock and a hard place. >.> dukes archives. Fuck that place. I went there instead of New Londo first and now im stuck in that stupid jail cell bonfire because I keep dieing by the mages. Im a fucking mage with a good sword. Just real shit resistance so they always end up killing me. I already lost about 30k souls just from dieing over and over again.
Ugh. I feel your pain there. Dukes Archives is easily the hardest level in the game for me. Those little crystal bastards killed me more than anything else in the game. It gets slightly better once you know where everything is but if you're anything like me, you got lost several times and couldn't figure out what to do >.>

Oh and I lost about 85K souls and 2 humanity in there too after being killed by that archer near the ladder. Then falling off after trying to kill him -_-
I admit that I got a lot of souls from that Dragon Headstone glitch... don't look at me like that. I only did it because the game cheats in Blighttown and I feel I deserve it after dying for the millionth time because some fucking mosquito shat on me while I was already poisoned. >.<

enzilewulf

Jun 19, 2009
Julianking93 said:
enzilewulf said:
Ugh. I feel your pain there. Dukes Archives is easily the hardest level in the game for me. Those little crystal bastards killed me more than anything else in the game. It gets slightly better once you know where everything is but if you're anything like me, you got lost several times and couldn't figure out what to do >.>

Oh and I lost about 85K souls and 2 humanity in there too after being killed by that archer near the ladder. Then falling off after trying to kill him -_-
I admit that I got a lot of souls from that Dragon Headstone glitch... don't look at me like that. I only did it because the game cheats in Blighttown and I feel I deserve it after dying for the millionth time because some fucking mosquito shat on me while I was already poisoned. >.<
Yes Fuck blight town too. Im so happy the give you the NPC to defeat that wicked ***** of the area. Yet those toxic mother fuckers will snipe you if you even get near them. Ahhhh raaaaaaaaaggggggggggeeeeeeeeeeeee