Dark Souls rage/ rant thread

godofallu

Jun 8, 2010
MrLumber said:
godofallu said:
snip

The black eye orb allows you to PvP against the NPC, which means you must have humanity and you must be in the relative area that the NPC is in. Which would be Anor Londo. Just like normal PvP.
You actually don't need to be human in order to invade Lautrec, this is because it works mechanically (or at least thematically) like the Blue Eye Orb, which you also don't need to be human to use.

OT: I've lost 100k (I only level for pvp purposes, so NG+) to Smough and Ornstein. Something about Anor Londo and their super tracking hyper armoring dastardly silver knights really takes it out of me. This is because my usual style is two handing the entire game, and they are virtually guaranteed to deal damage to you if you don't have a shield.

On a side note, I'm bummed that they made lightning/fire weapons so much better than scaling weapons, it really reduces the amount of builds you see online. I always feel like a boss when I trounce some guy using a lightning katana while using my occult claw :p
For the silver knights great combustion 1 hit kills them since they are weak to fire. That or circle strafing them till the backstab opens up.

For the bossfight I have done it a few times, the easiest way is to kill off Smough with 4 greater combustions and then simply kite the big guy while shooting him at ranged. Any character can have a good fire glove, and if you don't have one I recommend it. You can beat the game at lvl 1, hitting 600s plus on every boss with fire.

Burst6

Mar 16, 2009
Dansen said:
I don't really feel like doing that glitch, but I might end up doing it.
Actually it's not a glitch. It's an actual part of the game.

The guys who made dark souls may be sadistic, but they arent sadistic enough to make a boss that can't be beat with melee at all and is immune to pyromancies (the spell type that melee characters like to use)

AzureRaven

Jul 21, 2011
Dansen said:
It's not really a glitch or else there wouldn't be a special animation for the attack when he tries to stop you. But if you don't want to do that...then fight him in the little passage in the wall near him. All he can do is slap a tentacle at you. Stay away from the splash damage then run up and hit it. It's pretty simple.

As for my rant... Four Kings past the first time. These guys are just absolutely ridiculous. They are seriously a nightmare. ._. I'll probably be able to beat them this time eventually but it only gets worse...

LookingGlass

Jul 6, 2011
Yesterday in The Tomb of the Giants I kept getting my ass kicked by the two Giant Skeletons in the dark before I could even get to a bonfire. I had to go through half of the catacombs just to get to the Tomb of the Giants, so obviously that was annoying.

I decided to just run past said skeletons. Cool, seemed to work. I spoke to the guy at the bottom (Patches), the one who asks if you're a cleric. Whilst talking to him, one of the giant skeletons paid us a visit and kicked me right into Patches, sending us both down into a pit. Patches was pissed off and decided that it was my fault... so I had to kick his ass. I'm hoping he wasn't too useful...

A short time later, after having found a bonfire and kindled it and de-hollowed, I made it through to the part along the cliff-edge where you get invaded. Kicked his ass, had myself 26,000 souls and a humanity. Cool. Decided to go back to the bonfire and level up... and promptly died at the hands of the ONE skeleton I'd left between me and the bonfire. Then I died trying to get back to my death spot. I fucking hate those skeletons.

But it was only one level I missed and I did eventually beat the area's boss on the first try, so it wasn't that bad. But shit I'm glad to be done with The Tomb of the Giants.

Scorched_Cascade

Innocence proves nothing
Sep 26, 2008
MrLumber said:
On a side note, I'm bummed that they made lightning/fire weapons so much better than scaling weapons, it really reduces the amount of builds you see online. I always feel like a boss when I trounce some guy using a lightning katana while using my occult claw :p
According to the translation notes they are "rescaling elemental and scaling weapons". Rumour is lightening is getting nerfed but the fact they said rescaling them both suggests that stat scaling might be getting a little love.

I know that in the new patch several weapons that, for example, had "A" param scaling now have "S".

OT: Demon Firesage

Screw you. I've killed your two brothers easily (Asylum & Stray) and, rather insultingly to them, in the nude why must I fight you as well? Damn tress blocking my movement and hampering my evasion meaning that I get one hit KO'd 2-3 seconds after entering the fog gate though.

That boss took the most time out of my entire Demon Ruins->Bed of Chaos run through.

Exius Xavarus

Casually hardcore. :}
May 19, 2010
Burst6 said:
Dansen said:

The guys who made dark souls may be sadistic, but they arent sadistic enough to make a boss that can't be beat with melee at all and is immune to pyromancies (the spell type that melee characters like to use)
Saditic enough to make it so I can't make Discharge fall. Discharge doesn't walk off for me. Instead, he sits there and spams his long ranged fire attack. Discharge can be killed with melee, all you have to know how to do is dodge. Keep moving and dodge when he goes to slam his arm on you. Cake.

Scorched_Cascade said:
MrLumber said:
According to the translation notes they are "rescaling elemental and scaling weapons". Rumour is lightening is getting nerfed but the fact they said rescaling them both suggests that stat scaling might be getting a little love.

I know that in the new patch several weapons that, for example, had "A" param scaling now have "S".

Screw you. I've killed your two brothers easily (Asylum & Stray) and, rather insultingly to them, in the nude why must I fight you as well? Damn tress blocking my movement and hampering my evasion meaning that I get one hit KO'd 2-3 seconds after entering the fog gate though.

That boss took the most time out of my entire Demon Ruins->Bed of Chaos run through.
Despite his appearance, Demon Firesage is actually vulnerable to Pyromancy. Lololol. But seriously, all you have to do is stay right next to him. 90% of the time he'll try to butt slam you in the same fashion that the Vanguard in Demon's Souls did. The other 10% of the time, he'll try to do a point blank explosion. And if he swings his weapon from left to right(his left to right) immediately turn around and block it, with a shield that has a high fire damage reduction(BKShield, for example) because you won't have the time to dodge that explosion if you're anywhere near his front. But to be completely honest, I find the fact that you can kill him with pyromancy to be rather hilarious, considering he radiates with fire.

Burst6

Mar 16, 2009
ExiusXavarus said:
Burst6 said:
Dansen said:

Saditic enough to make it so I can't make Discharge fall. Discharge doesn't walk off for me. Instead, he sits there and spams his long ranged fire attack. Discharge can be killed with melee, all you have to know how to do is dodge. Keep moving and dodge when he goes to slam his arm on you. Cake.
The idea is that you have to run to the place where you got the gold-hemmed set, then when he catches up to you, run back to the start. If you just wait by the fog without running to where the armor was, you'll just get killed.

Scorched_Cascade

Innocence proves nothing
Sep 26, 2008
ExiusXavarus said:
Scorched_Cascade said:

Despite his appearance, Demon Firesage is actually vulnerable to Pyromancy. Lololol. But seriously, all you have to do is stay right next to him. 90% of the time he'll try to butt slam you in the same fashion that the Vanguard in Demon's Souls did. The other 10% of the time, he'll try to do a point blank explosion. And if he swings his weapon from left to right(his left to right) immediately turn around and block it, with a shield that has a high fire damage reduction(BKShield, for example) because you won't have the time to dodge that explosion if you're anywhere near his front. But to be completely honest, I find the fact that you can kill him with pyromancy to be rather hilarious, considering he radiates with fire.
I have since killed him. Same way I killed Stray.

Unequip armour, unequip shield, fight in the buff and 2-hand your weapon (ohh-err innuendo). Don't target lock (if you do you will die) and keep sprinting behind him. So long as you are at least his tail's width behind him his explosion can't hit you and you can easily roll that distance on short notice.

Make sure he doesn't butt-slam you and just keep giving him a poke with your weapon...just don't think too hard about what you're poking.

If he flies away, sprint at him before he recovers from his landing and if you're slow on this be prepared to evade a huge left-right swing.

Watch out for the trees.

Exius Xavarus

Casually hardcore. :}
May 19, 2010
Scorched_Cascade said:
ExiusXavarus said:
Scorched_Cascade said:

I have since killed him. Same way I killed Stray.

Unequip armour, unequip shield, fight in the buff and 2-hand your weapon (ohh-err innuendo). Don't target lock (if you do you will die) and keep sprinting behind him. So long as you are at least his tail's width behind him his explosion can't hit you and you can easily roll that distance on short notice.

Make sure he doesn't butt-slam you and just keep giving him a poke with your weapon...just don't think too hard about what you're poking.

If he flies away, sprint at him before he recovers from his landing and if you're slow on this be prepared to evade a huge left-right swing.

Watch out for the trees.
I lock-on and I never died. :p

silenticecream

Nov 3, 2011
It's true: hearing of others' tales of woe definitely helps to lessen your own pain! The Iron Giant robbed me of 30000+ souls and 5 humanity, simply due to my complacency. AND NOT DOUBLE HANDING MY LIGHTNING SPEAR! Best tip for bosses that I've adopted. The fact that there are so many diverse tales of frustration (essentially due to the games basic "learn and progress" mechanic") is what makes this game great. Have only just reached anor londo, but this ranks as one of my top 5 games ever.

walrusaurus

Mar 1, 2011
Dogs are possibly the most irritating enemies in the entire game so far. Tiny hit box, they stun you if they hit you, and they bounce around like jerks. I'm sure that eventually i'll find dogs that curse and then i'll just rage and throw my control at the sight of them.

That said i did find the fire versions much easier to deal with then their poison counterparts. Maybe thats cause i'm getting better....? one can dream right?

Tallim

Mar 16, 2010
walrusaurus said:
Dogs are possibly the most irritating enemies in the entire game so far. Tiny hit box, they stun you if they hit you, and they bounce around like jerks. I'm sure that eventually i'll find dogs that curse and then i'll just rage and throw my control at the sight of them.

That said i did find the fire versions much easier to deal with then their poison counterparts. Maybe thats cause i'm getting better....? one can dream right?
I don't remember poison dogs. I remember Bleed dogs. If it's any consolation there are very few enemies that cause curse. Although one of them is a boss :/ The fire dogs are easier to deal with as they stop moving to breath fire and it's relatively easy to just step out of the way and run up and smack them.

Reshkar

"Face to Face"
May 18, 2010
The most annoying monster I've encountered in Dark Souls, must be Chaos Eaters(found in Izalith)
Description: Odd, yellow, cone-shaped enemies covered in eyes. They have several tentacles for arms and legs with a mouth on top. They have 700 health.
Drops: 1000 souls, Red Titanite Chunk, Red Titanite Slab(Very Rare) , White Titanite Chunk
Strategy: Fight them at a range or try to attack their backs. These enemies can curse, and have an acid spray attack which will cripple every single piece of gear you have equipped. Also have a grab attack similar to the Ents in Darkroot Forest that is un-blockable so watch out for it. Fortunatly they seem to have a slow turning speed that can be used aginst them.

Sep 13, 2010
it has been said before but it bears repeating, fuck blight town. I was one shoting everything and generally kicking ass until I hit that hell-hole.

Tallim

Mar 16, 2010
2733 said:
it has been said before but it bears repeating, fuck blight town. I was one shoting everything and generally kicking ass until I hit that hell-hole.
Yeah Blight Town is a pain but it isn't that bad really. Didn't bother me half as much as the Tomb Of Giants.

Hmm at captcha: [something incomprehensible] Problem? with the question mark too lol

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
DanielBrown said:
On my first playthrough I spoke with Rhea at the required time and saved her in Tomb of Giants. Didn't know she would die if I didn't instantly go and see her however, so there goes the miracle trophy for that run.
On my second playthrough I forgot to talk to her between the bell ringing. Hoped she'd still be in Tomb of Giants, but nope. Empty...
Working towards NG++ to trek all the way there just for that damn trophy.

FML.

Turned out she wasn't there because I skipped The Depths, so I killed Capra Demon, entered The Depths and went to the Tomb and there she was!

Ran in to other issues however. Currently trying to kill Bed of Chaos in NG+, but getting there is hell. Got rank 2 with Chaos covenant to open up the short cut I had heard about, but it didn't really help much. I get to skip the centipede boss, but there's no lift down to Lost Izilath and no bonfires, so I still need to clear all the capra demons and the other annoying mobs on the way there(including one of those super tough demonite titanite mobs that respawns).
So far I've died six times on my way there. Reached Bed of Chaos twice. First time I got the orb on one side then got slapped straight into a hole. The other time it took about two seconds before I was slapped down into another hole...

Decided to take a break from the game until I'm done with Skyrim and AC: Revelations. Getting really annoyed.

Dr Gonzo

Aug 19, 2009
I always end up getting stabbed in the back because of stupid fkn LAG in pvp! SOLUTION: PATCH BACKSTABBING OUT OF PVP!!!!!