David Cameron calls for all teens to do community service.

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
So, annoyingly some more news related to the riots. David Cameron (The PM of England) has called for every teenager in the country to undertake community service, probably after seeing what us teens did in the riots. He said that it was a response to the so called "broken society" that we have here in England. He has called for every 16 year old to have compulsory community service as a rite of passage.

That was only a very brief summary of what i read in the article I saw, but if you want to read some more into this heres my source http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/265305

IMO: I think that this is a wrong way to fix britain. This is basically putting jobs meant for criminals in the hands of teenagers, most of which havent done anything wrong. I think that the government should be revising all the cuts its been making and actually do something to fix the poverty that probably caused these riots. They should make these jobs open to adults and actually pay them for doing it, thus lifting the unemployement rates.

[EDIT] Just mentioning this is the first time a thread I made went in the hot threads section! Dont think I did this thread just for that though.

GothmogII

Possessor Of Hats
Apr 6, 2008
And again, a small group of yobs ruins everything for everyone else. :/

Not that the idea in general is a -bad- one mind. But it reeks of "Look what those assholes did! Now -you're- getting punished for it."

orangeban

Nov 27, 2009
Oh, fuck you Cameron, you and your Torie friends can go die in a pit. Honestly, I've seen his reaction to all this and it's all bollocks, he blames lack of father figures, lack of discipline in schools, the police not filling all the rioters with lead.

Though I must say that Ed Milliband is looking pretty good in all this, he's is talking some sense.

ChaoticKraus

Jul 26, 2010
And David Cameron keeps acting like a bad stereotype of a british conservative. Well done Mr. Cameron.

Also, people riot because they are angry over something (racism, poverty, governmental opression etc.) not because they are lacking in "Moral Fiber". Fucking retard.

Just_A_Glitch

Dec 10, 2009
Yeah, serves you Brits right. Help out your community to fix what you've done.

Meanwhile, I'll be over in America, not being a teenager.

Oh, that was sarcasm by the way. This hardly seems fair to the people who had no hand in the riots. Fight the power blokes.

The Cap

Aug 14, 2011
As someone who did not riot, steal or break anything, i say this

David Cameron,
FUCK RIGHT OFF

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
So Blair put me in a hellhole school that looked nice so it would boost his votes, brown tried to steal my future, and Cameron, unrightful ruler to a land he plans on making exclusive to the rich, thinks I owe the government something?

No. The government owes me, and every other person they screwed to keep the gravy train going.

The Harkinator

Did something happen?
Jun 2, 2010
This is the wrong way to solve the problems. Make the people who were part of the riots do 1000 hours community service to fix the damage they did and makee their area a better place to live.

Then again I think prisoners should have to work while they serve their sentence and not be able to vote while in the big house. They took from society and should lose the benefits they had from living in that society while having to give something back to it.

Harveypot

Feb 20, 2011
Yeah, because that will help teenagers in the middle of their exams or that want to go straight to college and get qualifications.

Ninjamedic

Dec 8, 2009
ToastiestZombie said:
So, annoyingly some more news related to the riots. David Cameron (The PM of England) has called for every teenager in the country to undertake community service, probably after seeing what us teens did in the riots. He said that it was a response to the so called "broken society" that we have here in England. He has called for every 16 year old to have compulsory community service as a rite of passage.

That was only a very brief summary of what i read in the article I saw, but if you want to read some more into this heres my source http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/265305

IMO: I think that this is a wrong way to fix britain. This is basically putting jobs meant for criminals in the hands of teenagers, most of which havent done anything wrong. I think that the government should be revising all the cuts its been making and actually do something to fix the poverty that probably caused these riots. They should make these jobs open to adults and actually pay them for doing it, thus lifting the unemployement rates.
Well surprise fucking surprise, and I always thought the way to fix social poverty and the underclass was with free and easily accessible education. Whats that? You rendered it impossible for lower-class people to get a decent education?

The saddest part of this is that when the recession clears, most of the unemployed will remain redundant due to lack of education to deal with new technology and occupations, Just like post-vietnam America.

Also I love the way he refers to it as a "response" as if he's trying to start an all-out class war.

And:

Broken Society eh? fuck off.

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
Yes, because it was all 16 year olds doing the rioting. He's like, "Um... would you chaps like to clean up, please? It's fine if you don't, just wondering..." He is a complete **** and if he gets voted in again I'm moving countries. (I hear Sweden is nice this time of year).
I also love how people are making out riots have never happened before and my generation are a bunch of degenerates and ruining the world. They've been happening for years and will continue to do so ;_; But that's just from overhearing general conversation, so I probably shouldn't take much notice. I also heard a couple of old ladies say how it was all just black people rioting. I wanted to rage on them so badly, but I'm guessing they just take Daily Mail as gospel.

Azure-Supernova

La-li-lu-le-lo!
Aug 5, 2009
I'm all for it. At least he's not bringing National Service back.

Edit: To elaborate. A problem with teenagers today (myself included back at that age) is that there was no motivation to work straight away. And I can't speak for anywhere but my local area, but the unemployment rates here are big and the biggest problem isn't a lack of jobs, it's no motivation to apply for those jobs or even to work.

National Citizenship is a pre-existing scheme and it has been and still is VOLUNTARY

vaderaider

Nov 2, 2009
I guess he's still jolly well cross that he had to cut his holiday short...

He appears to be generalising the entirety of britian's teenagers and blaming them for the problems which seem to be the government's fault.

Terminal Blue

Elite Member
Legacy
Feb 18, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
Frankly, David Cameron has been leaking family values rhetoric for the last week. It's starting to smell funny.

Not that he wasn't always full of communitarian bullshit, but he managed to keep it pretty well hidden up until now.

This is what you voted for people, enjoy.

Incidentally, check out Ed Milliband right now. He's on fire.