DC Reboot Leads To Protest At Comic-Con

AsurasFinest

Oct 26, 2010
I don't read comics myself, but I can understand why someone would be upset. I mean some of the changes to both the costumes and the characters lives are stupid. However comic continuity as it is currently can take a kick in the pants.
How convoluted and stupid is the contunuity currently with comics. I mean for christs sake how many times can you kill off a character and bring him back to life before it loses all meaning.

RvLeshrac

This is a Forum Title.
Oct 2, 2008
Wait, wait, wait. Is there seriously a comparison between this and Infinite Crisis/Zero Hour?

You know that Infinite Crisis was *purely* to fix the clusterfuck that was Zero Hour, right? You know, to repair things that fans hated so they'd start buying comics again?

The original Crisis was necessary, but implemented about as poorly as one could think possible.

That's really the issue - that DC keeps *destroying* the franchises with each successive Crisis event, and are continuing on that path with the current reboot. People aren't buying fewer comics because the universe is too complex or uninteresting - they're buying fewer comics because DC insists on removing all the elements people enjoyed in the first place.

Saviordd1

Jan 2, 2011
I was about to say "If there was a protest it was small" because I didn't hear or see any of it in any of the days I was there (all of them) I really don't see the whole problem with it but then again I don't really do much comics

Mid-Boss

Jun 16, 2011
I'm waiting for this reboot to get into comics. I've wanted to get into them for years but it's so vast and intimidating, not to mention expensive, to try to break into it.

That being said.... I HATE the new HQ's look. HQ was my favorite character back from Batman TAS and now she's a punk rocker hooker. Great.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
King Toasty said:
Actually, I kinda like this idea. It'll introduce new people to comics, and that's what the industry REALLY kind of needs.
True, but at least Harely in this video does have a point; it's quite clear they've changed Harley Quinn to what she is now to lure in teenage boys, and yes how she looks like doesn't fit with her character. She's basically a fangirl that went completely loco. I haven't seen all character redesigns, but I wouldn't be surprised if HQ wouldn't be the only screwed up design.
Jarlaxl said:
(Batman isn't one of them. :D )
*gasp* And you say that with a smile? I has a sad now.

Josue Rodriguez

Jan 4, 2011
Have never read a DC book only the Vertigo ones and Marvel, DC was too complex when I started reading comics so I NEVER PICKED ONE UP. But now...with this reboot, Im picking up 8 new books. I for one am very excited to get new material and I am very excited to get into DC

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
I'm going to have to wait and see how it goes.

But yeah, HQ...I was never that fussed on the character, but that's completely missing any point the character had.

Sixcess

Feb 27, 2010
And in a year's time they'll reset everything to what it was before, just like they always do.

DC's continuity has been a joke for two decades. They go through Crisis after Crisis after Crisis to clean things up and then as soon as they're done they let Grant Morrison of the leash and he starts dredging up obscure characters from the 60s and 70s and undoes everything they've just done. Then they do it all over again.

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
They're making a red lantern series. That gets me at least 80% behind the idea of a reboot. Although I'm unsure what will happen regarding Batman. Who will be wearing the cowl? How many Robins will there have been? And what's happening with Batman Inc.?

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
The biggest fans don't make them the most money, so they don't really give a shit about what they think.

luvd1

Jan 25, 2010
I love fans, soul suckers who will bleed your creativity dry and make you ask yourself why you ever bothered in the first place.

Domehammer

Jun 17, 2011
Just judging on HQ costume for reboot they want to make reboot popular among males. I'm male and think new HQ costume kinda looks like a hooker. I've never bothered to try and catch up reading comics though as never seen a comic store anywhere all my life.

Kingsnake661

Dec 29, 2010
A reboot, a freashing up of the Mythos, would IMO, be a good thing. BUT.. this isn't that... it's a giant "elsewords" even, and the stuff they are doing just doesn't jive with me. The redesigns on the customs are ugly. Superman looks like an idiot. From what i understand he's less a boy scout, and more distrustful of humans, more alien this time around, i've read somewhere he's going to be more of a liberal activest. It's not the liberal part that bugs me as much as the activest part... being liberal is one thing, being a liberal activest is quite another... Supergirl HATES humans??? Superboy is a cyborg???

You see... no, this isn't Superman. The Superman I've read for almost 20 years. So i'm just not intrested. And I don't plan on buying a single superman comic. Or any of them really. I think my brother is going to keep up on the GL titles, as it seems they haven't changed that much, or at least thats what he tells me. *shrug*