DC Reboot Leads To Protest At Comic-Con

jumjalalabash

Jan 25, 2010
If it erases Countdown and Cry for Justice from existence, I think loses 1 or 2 good things would be totally worth it.

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
I am not a comic book nerd, in fact I don't think I have read an actual comic. I have read comic style things, I have a simpsons book set out like it.

I just have a mild annoyance with the dark and gritty train, seems a lot of things are going down the dark and gritty route. Harley looks like she has gone from a fun loving psycho to a bunny boiling, scary ass psycho.

Wasn't part of her charm that she was evil but in a cooky way? Isn't her weapon of choice an over sized mallet?

Making her dark and brooding kind of just kills that charm and turns her into another run of the mill villain.

That's just from an on lookers point of view though.

(isn't it fucked up that I can type "thats" on my blackberry and it puts the apostrophe in for me but my computer wont put it in?)

sheic99

Oct 15, 2008
CM156 said:
King Toasty said:
Actually, I kinda like this idea. It'll introduce new people to comics, and that's what the industry REALLY kind of needs.
No kidding. I've some interest in The Green Lantern (Nothing to do with the movie), but I don't want to go though all the backstory to get the idea of the characters.
Twilight.falls said:
King Toasty said:
Actually, I kinda like this idea. It'll introduce new people to comics, and that's what the industry REALLY kind of needs.
That's my view on it. I'd like to get into comics, but I find them VERY hard to start, just because story arcs are so grand and hard to get introduced to.

I for one, am only behind the reboot because I'm not a previous DC fan.
As someone who got into comics about 3 years ago, it's not that hard. 90% of a character's backstory is ignored in comics. And if a part of a backstory is absolutely necessary for the story the, there is a refresher page before the story starts, even then you're only a quick google search away from finding out anything you could ever want from a character.

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
500 people signed up. 15 people turned up.

Fail.

Also it'd be nice if these people actually read some of the comics coming out in September and then made their decision, a lot of it sounds awesome, especially Grant Morrison on Action Comics with a Blue colar, golden age Superman.

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
Canid117 said:
So is this a full on reboot like 1985 or are they just retconning some stuff and changing a few costumes?
The second one, though 1985 Crisis on Infinite Earths wasn't a true reboot either (which caused a lot of problems but whatever)

For most characters their previous continuanity still exists, it's just being simplified and compressed. Everything thats happened in Batman and Green Lantern recently for instance still counts. Other characters however like Superman are having their entire history rewritten.

It's probably going to cause a mess down the line but here's what you really need to know; all the new #1s are completely new stories for these characters which won't tie much into whats happened previously, so you can pretty much jump into any of them in September as long as you know the basics on them.