DC Universe Online Trailer Unmasks Epic, Dark Plot

chaos order

Jan 27, 2010
did i read that correctly Its for the PS3? AWESOME!!!! imma gonna play that game for sure.... w8 will i have to pay to play online? since most mmos have subscription and the PSN does not, idk whats gonna happen. anyone know?

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
Cool video, MMO's and DC's heros (Besides Batman) have never really interested me but the video was damn impressive.

Mantonio

Apr 15, 2009
Mr. Grey said:
Mantonio said:
Mr. Grey said:
Mantonio said:
vansau said:
Mantonio said:
Not to burst your bubble, but you're like half a week late. Even _I_ made a thread about it a couple of days ago!

Anyway, I hear that it's going to a standard $14.99 a month for PCs, and with PS3s you just need PSN+. Is this correct?
I know that PSN Plus isn't required for the game. That was part of the panel info session.
Those bastards!

How come PS3 Owners don't have to pay? Yet PC players are going to be nickled and dimed for it, you have my word!
That doesn't mean you're not paying monthly already. I think it's this way so no one has to be excluded or pay an extra fee.
How is that so? PSN is free, you only have to pay for PSN+. They've said though that there will be a monthly subscription service for the game though. Which must now be referring to the PC owners.

How is that NOT paying an extra fee?
No, you're paying through the PS3 as well, they're just not going to force you to get PSN+ on top of that.

PSN will be free, but you're going to pay monthly for the game on the PS3.
Oh.

...well, I'm still not happy with it having a subscription in the first place. I can guarantee that if they made it a one-off payment they'd earn far more in sales.

Vigilantis

Jan 14, 2010
*EDIT* Black A(da)m owned Green Lantern and Flash...but then Superman owned Black A(da)m...I havent had a nerdgasm in so long...

Mr. Grey

I changed my face, ya like it?
Aug 31, 2009
Mantonio said:
Mr. Grey said:
Mantonio said:
Mr. Grey said:
Mantonio said:
vansau said:
Mantonio said:
Not to burst your bubble, but you're like half a week late. Even _I_ made a thread about it a couple of days ago!

Anyway, I hear that it's going to a standard $14.99 a month for PCs, and with PS3s you just need PSN+. Is this correct?
I know that PSN Plus isn't required for the game. That was part of the panel info session.
Those bastards!

How come PS3 Owners don't have to pay? Yet PC players are going to be nickled and dimed for it, you have my word!
That doesn't mean you're not paying monthly already. I think it's this way so no one has to be excluded or pay an extra fee.
How is that so? PSN is free, you only have to pay for PSN+. They've said though that there will be a monthly subscription service for the game though. Which must now be referring to the PC owners.

How is that NOT paying an extra fee?
No, you're paying through the PS3 as well, they're just not going to force you to get PSN+ on top of that.

PSN will be free, but you're going to pay monthly for the game on the PS3.

Oh.

...well, I'm still not happy with it having a subscription in the first place. I can guarantee that if they made it a one-off payment they'd earn far more in sales.
Yeah, me too.

But whoever said Sony and Warner Bros. had foresight?

For.I.Am.Mad

May 8, 2010
Well that was needlessly violent. Don't they want to bring in people who don't follow comics, like kids with parents with some disposable income? You're not going to do that by showing Superman being stabbed to death, Batman's corpse being beaten like a pinata, and Wonder Woman dead with balls of kryptonite in her mouth. You're only going to get the few hundred thousand(if that) that regularly buy comics.

Premonition

Jan 25, 2010
Excuse me for a moment as I clean up the mess I made during that enormous fangasm. My god, this trailer was just ... epic. Nothing could beat this trailer. Trailer of the year, folks. My inner nerd is still jumping up and down like a lunatic.

David Bray

Jan 8, 2010
That trailer is so ridiculously fucking brilliant. It might be a bit of a cross over but it's so cool.

Mr. Grey

I changed my face, ya like it?
Aug 31, 2009
The Great JT said:
I am tingling with anticipation.
My _________ Sense is tingling!

I felt you should fill in the blank. Even if it is a Marvel born joke, it's one I think all comics can share. Also, this should be the last bad joke I make today... hopefully.

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
I'm torn over whether I should buy it for PS3 or PC when it comes out, I really really want to play it (especially if it means I get to run shotgun alongside the joker or batman) it's just figuring out which platform it's going to work best on. /ponder

Oh, and they totally need to do a feature length movie based from just that trailer detailing the war lex wages upon the JLA.

sosolidshoe

May 17, 2010
captainfluoxetine said:
Mwhahaha! Av that 360 owners!

Looking forward to this, this is definitly getting my attention over FF13.
Most of us 360 owners, thanks to not spending a fortune on our console, can afford a decent gaming PC. So, yeah :p

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
Loving the trailer. Black Adam is awesome (I loved him in 52) and the story line looks great. How the actual game will be is another matter. I may have nerdgasmed at the trailer, but no gameplay footage, no sale.

Since when did Lex Luthor become a Space Marine?