de-rez: Resident Evil

Choukou

Jan 23, 2008
Best De-Rez to date. Absolutely hilarious. It totally captured the b-movie side of the resident evil franchise.

CanadianWolverine

Feb 1, 2008
I knew this had promise and this did not disappoint!

The controls and trying to get across a room
The camera changing "I can't see them, I have to go back"
"There was a type writer" Hahaha...
"That's a zombie" Hahaha...

Nerdfury

I Can Afford Ten Whole Bucks!
Feb 2, 2008
Great improvement, guys! I knew your next one would be better, and I can see you're taking on board suggestions and enjoying what you do, and that's the most important thing. Some suggestions, though:

Don't be afraid to film more than you need to - play around with angles, shoot most scenes a few times from angles, different lighting, different phrasing and different lines. THen, when you look at it again you have more choice on how to use what you've filmed, and can refilm some parts that need to match the parts you kept.

You really need to keep it snappier, though. Some of it is very drawn out and slow. Remember, action and punch-lines need to hit hard and fast. Not as fast as ZP's stuff, but a bit faster. The slowness might work well for Res Evil, because it's a slow, fairly drawn out game.. but try to tighten it up a bit.

I really look forward to your next video! But, don't try and cut corners to keep a schedule - take the time you need to give it the love it deserves, or you'll wind up putting out crap every two weeks, as opposed to being a little late and having quality.

Great work, guys!

end_boss

Jan 4, 2008
It was a drastic improvement, that's for sure, but I still had to stop watching halfway through, because it seemed to be just using the same joke over and over and over. Reading the comments, though, it sounds like it gets funnier later on, but I didn't make it that far. My advice is to focus a bit on improving pacing to make things a bit punchier.

Hawkzor

Jan 31, 2008
Huge improvement, especially in the script. The actor who played Pip was great also, he made me laugh. If the script stays like this and the production value increases (it still needs to get better) then maybe de-rez will have something here after all.

KyoNoTenso

Feb 16, 2008
Great Work Guy's. Camera Angle's scene was hillarious. "WTF!" "There was a type writer in there" Hillarious. Keep Em' Comin Guys. [Edit] "lets go to Africa" FTW

Swenglish

Dec 21, 2007
Much better than the Hitman film. Keep making films similair to this one, and you'll strike gold.

Arbre

Jan 13, 2007
Slight improvement. I liked the second "master of unloc..." joke, and the looped video behind (but we've already seen this a million times before). However, I'm merely going through this just because there's "Escapist" stamped on it. I wouldn't give it a ten second chance if it was some random youtube stuff. Still below average in my book.

goodpoltergeist

Oct 9, 2007
Arbre said:
Slight improvement. I liked the second "master of unloc..." joke, and the looped video behind (but we've already seen this a million times before). However, I'm merely going through this just because there's "Escapist" stamped on it. I wouldn't give it a ten second chance if it was some random youtube stuff. Still below average in my book.
So what your saying is you have lower standards for a professional site than you do for amateurs on youtube?

Nice.

Surggical_Scar

Feb 13, 2008
o.0

Saying this is an improvement to the first one is pretty arbitrary, frankly, the contents of my left armpit could have made for more interesting viewing. But anyway...

...the humor was off-ish, sometimes it was slightly amusing, sometimes perplexing, and occasionally quite funny. I must say I lol'd quite hard at the 'Spaniards' line, and at the camera angle skit, but some of the Leon-based jokes were obvious and frankly not worth the time. If there'd been more jokes about the game mechanics and plot holes, it would've been much more amusing.

This may be the problem De-Rez has - it sticks too closely to mocking a character, and misses out on the humour within the game itself. After all, if you were going to spoof The Darkness, would you mock the whole thing, or just latch on to Jackie's snail-like pace?

Arbenzio

Feb 18, 2008
I registered specifically to comment on this. This has to be one of the most hilarious things i've ever seen. Some parts were meh, but Leon's dialogue was incredible. Keep it up, dudes.

SirCannonFodder

Nov 23, 2007
The Hitman one only got a slight smile from me, but this one had me chuckling often and laughing out loud at one point (the typewriter line). As Surgical Scar said, focus less on the characters themselves, and more on the overall game. Most game characters are fairly simple, so there's not that much to make fun of.