Dead Space 2 Bonus Injects Horror Into Dragon Age 2

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Dead Space 2 Bonus Injects Horror Into Dragon Age 2

In a genre-bending crossover, Dead Space 2 will include a code for an exclusive Dragon Age 2 armor set.

EA has put together a DLC crossover that involves Dragon Age 2 [http://www.amazon.com/Dragon-Age-Origins-Ultimate-Pc/dp/B0045ZB66I/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1295645447&sr=8-6].

Last year's Mass Effect 2 [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/93833-Dragon-Age-Comes-With-Free-DLC-Armor]. This time, EA looks to be trying to build interest in Dragon Age 2 with gamers that might not normally take a look at an RPG.

The armor set is called Ser Isaac's armor and is modeled after the main character of Dead Space 2, Isaac Clarke. It comes with boots, a chestplate, gauntlets, and a helmet, each with their own individual stats. It doesn't look like the set provides anything other than a couple of rune slots, a critical damage increase, and improved defense, but it does make Hawke look like a boss. The helmet gives him the triple-tiered blue light visage that Isaac Clarke is known for, though in Dragon Age the lights are probably the result of magic rather than technology. It would have been really cool if the code could have included a crossbow with targeting lasers too, but fans such as I always want it all.

[gallery=100]

The crossover makes sense when you consider that BioWare has developed Dragon Age 2 to suit both action-RPG fans and those that want to take the tactical approach (see here [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/106225-Check-Out-the-New-Dragon-Age-2-Combat-Walkthrough-Video]), while both games are also somewhat horror oriented. As the armor appears to be mostly a cosmetic improvement, so I don't think it's that big of a loss if you have no interest in Dead Space 2.

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
Aww when I read the title I thought we were gonna get dragon armor for DS2 not the other way around. Though that armor looks awesome.

chemicalfire

Nov 10, 2009
It would be fantastic if the unlock key was cross-platform compatible. While I'll be getting Dead Space 2 on the 360 (I'm an achievement whore and all of my friends are on LIVE), I'm definately getting DA2 on the PC (I can't walk away from all of the awesome mods!).

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
That is awesome, but sadly I don't want really want to buy Dead Space 2 on the PC (if this deal works for the PC version anyway) just to get this set.

On the topic of Dragon Age, how are the games on PC? Do they have a similar choice thing like with Mass Effect where certain decisions carry over from the previous game?

Eri

The Light of Dawn
Feb 21, 2009
It's already enough I had to pre order by a certain date just to avoid missing out, but after all that, I don't get this? Bleh.

Luke5515

Aug 25, 2008
Looks cool. It's little things like this that developers do that make you feel appreciated as a consumer. You also feel a little used, but mostly appreciated.

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
That suit looks cool anywhere.

But here's a question: does it have to be for the same system? Because I'm buying Dead Space 2 for 360 and I'm probably going to get Dragon Age 2 for PC.

Pilkingtube

Edible
Mar 24, 2010
I'll admit that i've always had a love/hate relationship with horror games. I love the sound of the concept, then I hate playing them because i'm a massive pansy, but the suit in Dead Space was pretty cool, I wonder if they're gonna do the magical smokey/particle effects on it rather than the "Sci-fi, super clean lines of light" thing, to make it slot in more with the franchise's fantasy grounding.

bushwhacker2k

Jan 27, 2009
Huh, I don't really think Dragon Age 2, as nice as it looks, will end up being a scary game...

I can understand ME2, being from the same company, but Dead Space 2? What's going on...

Traun

Jan 31, 2009
I.E.D. said:
This is becoming ridiculous.
I wonder where exactly will this end. It seems that today publishers are trying everything they can to exploit the customer.

Spacial pre-order with an absurd deadline, game content spread across several games (what next, buy MoH get armor for ME3?) and no free day 1 DLC. And somehow they are getting away with it.

bushwhacker2k said:
I can understand ME2, being from the same company, but Dead Space 2? What's going on...
They are from the same company. Don't let the name fools you, Bioware is an EA property.