Deadpool 2, Avatar 2, 3, 4 & 5, New X-Men Movies Release Dates

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Deadpool 2, Avatar 2, 3, 4 & 5, New X-Men Movies Release Dates

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/44/44195.jpg
The release dates for a number of upcoming Fox films have been released.

I sure hope you liked Avatar [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/avatar] because the team has just announced the release dates for its upcoming sequels. All four of them. Additionally, Fox has revealed the release dates for Deadpool 2, and its two upcoming X-Men projects: Dark Phoenix and The New Mutants.

Here are all the dates:

Deadpool 2 - June 1, 2018
Dark Phoenix - November 2, 2018
The New Mutants - April 13, 2018

"So we're not making Avatar 2," said director James Cameron. "We're making Avatar 2, 3, 4 and 5. It's an epic undertaking. It's not unlike building the Three Gorges dam. (Laughs) So I know where I'm going to be for the next eight years of my life." All four movies are reportedly being filmed at the same time.

Source: Entertainment Weekly [http://ew.com/movies/2017/04/22/dark-phoenix-confirmed-after-x-men-apocalypse/]

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
One wonders how many of those release dates will be accurate.

Avatar 5 - December 19, 2025? The mole people might take over by then and declare that day a holiday for cinema staff.

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
Notice that the Avatar sequels are all coming out in the Christmas season after episode 9 is supposed to have finished up the sequel trilogy. Pure coincidence I'm sure.

bastardofmelbourne

Dec 11, 2012
Who gives a shit about Avatar? I'm interested in this New X-Men thing. Will they have Dafne Keene in it? That's something legitimately new that I want to see.

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
Why is the movie scene slowly sounding like it's becoming absolute shit, run by people who don't actually wanna make good movies? Sounds familiar compared to another industry, but I can't quite put my finger on it...

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
-Deadpool 2: Bleh
-Dark Phoenix: Meh
-New Mutants: Followup to Logan with Laura and co.? If so, my 'giving a shit' meter just spiked.

bastardofmelbourne said:
Who gives a shit about Avatar?
Myself, and everyone else who made it one of the highest grossing movies ever.

That said, I can't see this ending well. Filing all these films back to back, the delays, the fact that (IMO) the original never needed a sequel, etc.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
Avatar 3: Revenge Of The Na'vi!!!

Avatar 5: The Humans Strike Back!!
Avatar 6: The Return of the RDA!!!

Naldan

You Are Interested. Certainly.
Feb 25, 2015
Wow, Avatar 2 in 2020? I seriously wish I knew what was going on behind the scenes.

Tiamattt

Jul 15, 2011
Eh, wow. I mean Avatar was really pretty but I didn't leave the theater wishing for more of it. It also had as classic of a ending as you can get: good guys win, bad guys get their butt kicked, guy gets back together with girl after temporary break up, etc. So to make not 1, not 2 for a trilogy, but FOUR more movies? Big NTY. Maybe a sequel or even a trilogy just to see how it ends but 5? That just makes me not want to get back on that boat at all, especially when the first ride was already good enough.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
So Avatar is going to be the new Christmas triloigy ish (don't know what you called a five) since the Hobbit Triliogy then?

While I got an idea what The New Mutants will be about but what about Dark Phoenix? That will take place after Days of the Future Past?

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
I wonder what movies J.C will totally not ripoff to make these additional movies?

You know, if he folded the Aliens and Terminator franchise in to Avatar, I would watch it.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
I could possibly see him getting one one Avatar movie out out of the premise he set up in the first one. I honestly have no clue how he plans to fill 4 more. Something about underwater?

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
008Zulu said:
You know, if he folded the Aliens and Terminator franchise in to Avatar, I would watch it.
That wouldn't be possible given the backstories/histories/worldbuilding of the three settings.

Scarim Coral said:
So Avatar is going to be the new Christmas triloigy ish (don't know what you called a five)
Pentalogy

Ishigami

Sep 1, 2011
I can get behind Deadpool 2. The first movie was fun.

Avatar not so much. To me it was just a fancy retelling of the tale of Pocahontas in the first place which then got supplemented with highly questionable preaching about capitalism.

Chaosian

Mar 26, 2011
"Avatar 5". Just- revolting.

I'm not certain Avatar 1 really even justified its own existence, 5 does have a prayer.

bladestorm91

Mar 18, 2015
Avatar was only a novelty with the nice CGI and good 3D. The story sucked ass, it was full of nonsense that they tried to present as being otherwise, the setting/world of the story was as if made by a 12 year old.

The sequels are not going to have the novelty quality, it's going to have to stand on its story, which considering what I just said about the setting, isn't going to be good.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Hawki said:
That wouldn't be possible given the backstories/histories/worldbuilding of the three settings.
The Terminator backstory has essentially become very expense toilet paper, so I don't think they'd have a problem.