Death Techno - Best Idea Ever?

StarStruckStrumpets

Jan 17, 2009
Me, and my friend voodoopigs as some of you may know him, were talking today about something very unusual.

The idea of a new type of music...Death-Techno

A Hybrid of Death Metal and Techno.

What do you think about this?

Acaroid

Aug 11, 2008
Been done before really... was a big thing in the 90's to mix dance/techno with metal, they called it industrial

edit: I know not all industrial metal is not like this and yes some of it did sound awsome

Vlane

Sep 14, 2008
I don't think that would work. I can't imagine listening to a mix between Cannibal Corpse and DJ Tiesto (I hope that is the guy I mean).

skitzo van

Mar 20, 2009
StarStruckStrumpets said:
Me, and my friend voodoopigs as some of you may know him, were talking today about something very unusual.

No offense but that sounds worse than the idea of rap.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Any techno song is a thing unworthy of being called a song.

Unless you are under 17/have serious problems, you shouldn't be listening to that thing.

DJShire

Sep 27, 2008
are we talking about real techno, or what the masses refer to as "techno"?

Abedeus said:

Unless you are under 17/have serious problems, you shouldn't be listening to that thing.
Please, elaborate on this view, I'm curious as to why you think this.

Clashero

Aug 15, 2008
I never "got" techno. You can pretty much loop the first 20 seconds and get the same song.
Just to tell you, I just tried making a short sample on FL Studio, mixing death metal guitars with a slow, heavy techno loop and it's like water and oil.

curlycrouton

Jul 13, 2008
Abedeus said:

That's a very ignorant view to hold. You may not appreciate this genre of music, but to not even recognise it as a genre? That's just narrow-minded.

bitzi61

Jan 28, 2009
I think Techno is just an excuse for people to use E and dance with glowsticks... (as you can tell I am not a big fan of techno at all.. :p)

Sir_Montague

Oct 6, 2008

Kinda like this [http://www.blaqkaudio.com/]? Not completely fitting the definition, but not the worst example either.

Saltiness

Dec 3, 2007
Celldweller comes to mind as an example, although it improves a million times over when the guy doesn't open his mouth at all. But I feel that way about most cross-genre types of music. I do remember a Russian artist called Planum that wasn't too bad either - link [http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/sud/sud1cd029.html]

DannyDamage

Aug 27, 2008
Nothing new. Listen to some Gabba techno or anything on Death Chant Records.

Neophyte is one of my personal favourites.

goater24

Feb 5, 2008
Abedeus said:

LOL at your misguided comments. What a daft thing to say even if you have no respect for Kraftwerk and their ilk. How many countless movies which I am sure you love have a pulsing techno tracks that drive and enhance a piece of cinema?

There are scores of classically trained Electornic pioneers that have far more skill engineering music and understanding how to compose than I bet half the bands you listen too.

I am an avid music listener and have a very large collection of vynil cd mp3 minidisks spanning a whole prethora of musical genres. I think you havn't yet heard any good techno which is sad but you can't chastise something you've not listened to properly so easily.

I believe that 95% of all music in all genres is crap. But the 5% left is worth seeking out and enjoying and hells yeah there is lots to love about techno!

EDIT: I am not 17 and have never had any mental health problems! Just issues with my punctuation and grammer!

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Okay, to all those ravid techno fans (I knew they will attack me...): I'm not talking about fast-paced music, good beats and so on. I agree that there is "real techno" and... techno crap.

When I say "techno = not a genre", I'm referring to all the crappy songs that are on the radio non-stop - Lady Gaga, just to name one. Sorry, but I do not consider singing one or two sentences with a looped background a "song".

It's just few steps from the "UMCA UMCA UMCA" rave music.

zombiekitten

Jan 20, 2009

Its called industrial... Its metal and Electronica fused into a big musical orgie.
Now we just jump the BPM from the 120- 140 range up 180-210 and u have Death-Industrial...