Death Threat

chuckman1

Cool
Jan 15, 2009
So i just got death threats from some chola girl in the middle of a field full of garbage and shit where i easily couldve been murdered and wasnt scared or intimidated at all.
is that bad? And have you ever gotten death threats from somebody? Howd you react?
Should I have been scared?

Here's the whole story of what happened
*walking through dirt field wìth friend*
Random tweaker *****: "hey if I ever catch u insulting this guy ill slit your fucking throats" *points at guy with her*
Friend: "ok" *startswalking faster*
Me: *turns around and stops walking* "ok but I didn't insult anybody..."
Friend: "chuck! Let's just go"
Haha he was scared
I think these were just some stupid racist tweekers (meth addicts) fucking with us because tweekers are angry, and we were white.
(Oh by the way it was a latina girl about 25-35 years old giving the threat, another latina girl with her and a black guy who she pointed at)

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
Sounds like they were drunk to me.

Doesn't sound that serious, just don't insult her friend. =P

Esotera

May 5, 2011
All the time in my hometown...I've been stupidly vocal in the past which means about 1 in 5 nights out someone will come up to me and try and start a fight, backing down is the best option.

I suppose most of the time it's just hot air, so it's nothing to really worry about...incredibly unpleasant though.

BathorysGraveland

Dec 7, 2011
We currently live in an age where death threats are equivalent to a standard insult like, I don't know, 'bastard' or (as is more common with kids) '******'. So for the most part, nothing to take too seriously or get too worked up over.

Feb 9, 2011
Sure, I worked eight years in customer service...People will threaten to kill you over shorting them a $1.00. I've never really had one that seemed to have any weight to it, so the few I've heard weren't anything I'd recommend losing sleep over.

UrieHusky

Sep 16, 2011
I've never taken them seriously, I generally inform the person that threatening to murder someone is a criminal offence and that I'll be calling the police, it usually causes apologies and running away.

For the times that it doesn't... I dunno what I'd do in that case.. I really don't like hurting others but I can hold my own in a fight, so I 'spose my reaction would be fight back?

As for what happened to you, I agree with sky, it sounds like drunken empty threats

Monkeyman O'Brien

Jan 27, 2012
Last person who threatened me got a hefty padlock on the end of a bike lock to the temple.
I tend to respond to threats with actual violence while they are still working themselves up to it.
And nah, you should not be scared. If someone is going to get violent then they are going to do it right away, threats are either just a way of blowing off steam or is them working themselves up to it. So either harmless or a perfect warning for you to get in the first shot.

Random Fella

Nov 17, 2010
UrieHusky said:
I've never taken them seriously, I generally inform the person that threatening to murder someone is a criminal offence and that I'll be calling the police, it usually causes apologies and running away.

For the times that it doesn't... I dunno what I'd do in that case.. I really don't like hurting others but I can hold my own in a fight, so I 'spose my reaction would be fight back?

As for what happened to you, I agree with sky, it sounds like drunken empty threats
Really? That causes people to apologies and run away?
If it were me threatening someone and they said to call the police I wouldn't apologies, since there's no way they can prove that I was
But I wouldn't do that, and now i'm getting off topic

OT: Yeah, I don't take those sorts of things too seriously, not in most cases anyway, and I haven't really received many death threats that I can recall.

UrieHusky

Sep 16, 2011
Random Fella said:
Really? That causes people to apologies and run away?
If it were me threatening someone and they said to call the police I wouldn't apologies, since there's no way they can prove that I was
But I wouldn't do that, and now i'm getting off topic
Generally speaking people are cowards, I'm yet to find anyone who has kept going after my "reminder" that death threats are an arrestable offence.

That's not to say people like that don't exist, just I'm yet to find someone who has XD

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
Me? Nope, but my boss? Yeah... a dumbass customer threatened to come down to our office and shoot him for not giving him a ten quid discount on something that he knew he'd have to pay full price for, the ponce... -_-

Zeema

The Furry Gamer
Jun 29, 2010
People at my school use to say to me

'Go Die, You Weird C***'
'I hope you Die'
'Im going to slice your throat'
'Im going too run you down with my Car'
'Im going to shove your corpse into a Locker' [which has a follow up story]
'you should cut your own throat and we can record it and laugh at your funeral'

I use to run alot for Fitness, im really Skinny i had alot problems with my body and such, went on long streaks of Starvation. But i was considered strange, weird and stuff due to my 'Behaviour' i was suffering from DiD [Dissociative Identity Disorder] so i was a bit over the place. but i was extremely Passive and wasn't the person to stand up for myself.

anyway people use to full on trip me, throw me too the fall and Ram me into a wall or ground.

People thought i was gay so they would tease me and bully me. They use to say stuff too people saying i said this or that. I heard multiple times 'Dont talk to that guy he is Crazy' with his friends backing him up on it.

Death Threats were a very common thing too me, but no one ever had the balls to try and kill me.

I Hated high School

Phasmal

Sailor Jupiter Woman
Jun 10, 2011
chuckman1 said:
That doesn't really sound like a proper `Death threat`, I think perhaps you are taking some random weirdo on the street too seriously.
Or maybe every time my boyfriend irritates me and I tell him to go die, I'm making a death threat. :p

Some person randomly talking to you on the street is weird, but not scary.
Somebody who knows where you sleep making a specific and serious threat is something to be afraid of.
I can't say anyone has ever randomly told me to die in the street. But I'm kind of hard of hearing, so I dont know, they might have done. All I get is weirdos trying to chat me up at bus stops. Wanna trade?

144_v1legacy

Apr 25, 2008
Phasmal said:
chuckman1 said:
That doesn't really sound like a proper `Death threat`, I think perhaps you are taking some random weirdo on the street too seriously.
Or maybe every time my boyfriend irritates me and I tell him to go die, I'm making a death threat. :p

Some person randomly talking to you on the street is weird, but not scary.
Somebody who knows where you sleep making a specific and serious threat is something to be afraid of.
I can't say anyone has ever randomly told me to die in the street. But I'm kind of hard of hearing, so I dont know, they might have done. All I get is weirdos trying to chat me up at bus stops. Wanna trade?
Right. The phrase "death threat" implies a genuine premeditation on the act, and has specific, predetermined conditions. Among other factors.

What you experienced sounds more like angry hyperbole.

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
I got death threats from the person who bullied me after I gave him a pretty much broken face after months of picking on me for having long hair.

Fun times....

SmegInThePants

Feb 19, 2011
most yelling and screaming matches i've seen never ended up in a fight

same w/people throwing very violent threats back and forth

most fights i've been in might have been over some prior thing that involved yelling and screaming at a prior date or maybe even hours before, but at the time of the fight were from beginning to end - physical, not much lead up or threatening immediately before hand except maybe a "hey". Usually one person is pretty much ambushing the other. Any yelling is usually during, or after, not before.

exception being domestic violence, which i unfortunately witnessed a lot of as a kid (both in my family and in others). that type of violence seems always to be preceeded by all sorts of verbiage.

these are just my experiences of course and probably don't even rate on statistical significance, so take it for what its worth.

Sodoff

Oct 15, 2009
I might have misunderstood the term.. but isen´t "Chola" a very derogatory term?

To the Oxford dictionary Hooo :

"Pronunciation: /ˈtʃəʊləʊ/
Etymology: American Spanish, < Cholollán , now Cholula , a district of Mexico.

Thesaurus »

a. An Indian of Latin America.

Thesaurus »
Categories »

b. U.S. A lower-class Mexican (often derogatory)."