Dedicated Browncoats Want to "Help Nathan Buy Firefly"

The Random One

May 29, 2008
I'd donate, but only because I've already wasted money on way more frivolous affairs so this is nothing by comparison.

EOD Tech

Dec 30, 2010
Zakarath said:
I'd go for this, just as long as they
retconned out Wash's death/set it before the events of Serenity/ignored the movie completely. the show wouldn't be the same without Alan Tudyk.
Nah, Tudyk's a douche. I'll bring it back if they keep Wash dead but bring back Book.

Tell you what, everybody: I guarantee nobody will give more than like $20. But I'm an upwardly mobile young professional. If the total ever gets up close to what is needed, drop me a line. I pledge a thousand dollars if it will make the difference.

Evilpigeon

Feb 24, 2011
I really want to believe that he meant it when he said it but I'm somehow doubtful that the cast is going to respond if their bluff is called... I would think that It's very hard to say anything other than "I loved working on Firefly" in the face of such a dedicated fanbase...

Hungry Donner

Henchman
Mar 19, 2009
MelasZepheos said:
I don't know much about people doing several shows at once but from what I've heard it's very rare outside of cameos, and often leads to all sorts of conflicts.
It is quite rare, I read an interview with Casey Biggs where he mentioned that while he was playing Damar on DS9 he was also in another TV series and this resulted in an extremely hectic schedule - half the week was spent on one coast and half the week was spent on the other. Of course Damar was only a supporting character, primary characters are usually on set nearly every day so two shows could only be juggled if their production periods didn't overlap at all.

This isn't beyond reason, and if Firefly had short seasons (which is common with many high end cable TV series) Fillion may even have some time to breath now and then, but it does seem unlikely.

I love Castle, hopefully if Firefly ever did return it would be after Castle had run it's course. Even good police procedurals can get repetitive after three or four few seasons. (And who wouldn't want to see Stana Katic or Molly C. Quinn with a recurring role on a new Firefly?)

LunaSocks

Dec 27, 2010
I would die if this show comes back. Loved the story, loved the characters, it was just plain AWESOME. I don't know one person who saw this who didn't like it.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
I'd definitely be willing to donate some money to this if Joss and Fillion get on board with the idea and make things happen. I mean, if every fan just donates a couple of bucks it'll already be a huge amount.

Taerdin

Nov 7, 2006
FIREFLY IS THE BEST THING IN ANY UNIVERSE!

I will sell everything I own to make this happen, just tell me when.

DoctorM

Nov 30, 2010
People are idiots. The issue isn't the rights holders, the issue is nobody wants to spend the money to make more episodes/movies when it doesn't provide a profitable return. Once he has the rights, then what?

These same people would do better buying every DVD of Firefly/Serenity in existence to show that it's worth making more of them.

That said, Fillion make the EXACT SAME QUIP about winning the lottery and using the money to buy commercials for Castle. http://www.tvguide.com/News/Castle-Exclusive-Romance-1029720.aspx

AzzA-D

Nov 18, 2009
DoctorM said:
That said, Fillion make the EXACT SAME QUIP about winning the lottery and using the money to buy commercials for Castle. http://www.tvguide.com/News/Castle-Exclusive-Romance-1029720.aspx
:O

Its true...

:(

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Fox wont sell, if theres one thing they like more than cancelling a quality tv show is making sure no one else can make it either.

We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty.

Here's to hoping it goes forward and works.

redlueliger

Jul 21, 2010
(And who wouldn't want to see Stana Katic or Molly C. Quinn with a recurring role on a new Firefly?)[/quote] Stana as a planet's local sheriff, maybe? :)

redlueliger

Jul 21, 2010
redlueliger said:
(And who wouldn't want to see Stana Katic or Molly C. Quinn with a recurring role on a new Firefly?)
Stana as a planet's local sheriff, maybe? :)[/quote] Sorry, how do you quote? I'm new to the site.