Defining Misogynism

Requia

Apr 4, 2013
I managed to get a whopping 30 seconds in before I shut it off. The guy reminds me of Calvin Candie, and once I made that connection I don't think I'll ever be able to take him seriously.

Lieju

Jan 4, 2009
ccdohl said:
Maybe. I don't think that I've ever met a female who told me that she didn't play video games because of sexism.
They might not be aware of the reasns why they don't appeal to them.
But if you have games being marketed to boys, showing cleavage and dudebros being macho, is it wonder that many women would think 'that's not for me'?

ccdohl said:
It may just be that core games are so big and expensive these days that designers don't want to take a chance on not appealing to their most loyal and reliable audience as much as possible.
Yes, that's a problem in gaming. Being afraid to try new things.

ccdohl said:
I'm not saying that you're wrong or anything, but I wonder if mainstream game developers started trying to appeal more to the female demographic, would it increase sales at all? I wouldn't bet on it. I'm not sure that it would decrease sale among male gamers, but why risk it?
Depends on what kind of audience you'd go for.
More and more gamers are adults, and would appreciate more well-rounded characters and even more choices in your protagonists or character-creators.

Juvenile games will always sell, but their relative share of the market will grow smaller when not all gamers are teenage boys anymore.

excalipoor

Jan 16, 2011
Seems to me like he's going for the exact female equivalent of the "scum" he complains all the women are going for. Or maybe he just hasn't met a lady who's interested in dating a comic book villain.

Apparently he's a damn good writer. Accomplished even. I can't dispute that on account of not knowing who the fuck this guy is, but he sure as hell isn't a damn good speaker. Fifteen minutes of him felt like bullet ants crawling up my ass. Not much of a painter either, not with those kinds of strokes. Ha.

Remember, brothers: it's not you, it's them!

Octorok

May 28, 2009
Hahahaha. Hahahahahahhahaha. Oh my.

Wow.

I didn't even know people like this existed , much less produced Youtube videos. What gets me isn't the awful content, but the pathetic presentation.

There he is, in his chair, dispensing his words of wisdom while smoking and impersonating Russ Pitts/Kane. It's like he's not in on his own joke, and that joke is that he's trying so hard, yet missing so much. He's so high on his own fuckwittery he apparently has no sense of self-awareness.

I am actually a little amazed that anyone could possibly have this combination of traits, this monstrous egomania and not have been beaten to death yet.

Still, watch the entire video, it's good for a laugh. And, as has been noted, his performance/content is fascinating in its own way. The way people are interested in the motives of serial killers, I am intrigued by this man. I am forced to wonder - why is he? And how did he come to be so?

Also, the comments are a (depressing) goldmine.

magicmonkeybars

Gullible Dolt
Nov 20, 2007
I agree with this guy completely.

No seriously, I mean it, this guy is on the ball.

I watched the whole thing and I see the truth of it.
We've given too much ground to this absurd idea that traditional roles are outdated and misogynistic.

But it doesn't matter, this ball is rolling and it won't stop, it will just speed up as more and more men are driven into subservient roles until a woman needs to do the work and that's where the buck stops.

When society runs out of men to sacrifice this whole house of feminist cards will fall and western society will be picked off by foreign cultures.

Enjoy the acid in your daughters faces because that is the world feminism creates, Sharia law for everyone.

Chris Tian

May 5, 2012
Zhukov said:
bananafishtoday said:
...but I can already tell from the preview image that this guy is a colossal douchebro.
Oh, ain't that the truth.

I got to 6:04. All hail.

Women must be a lot different where he comes from.
Thats impressive, 2:09 was the "my life is far to short for 13 minutes more of that"-point.

-

OT: Whats with the "comic con is mainstream now, death to the 'fake' nerd girls"-attitude. I always get the feeling guys like him fear the power beatuful women hold over them, and are mad that those are now invading their former "save" spaces in greater numbers.

Froggy Slayer

Jul 13, 2012
magicmonkeybars said:

We've given too much ground to this absurd idea that traditional roles are outdated and misogynistic.

But it doesn't matter, this ball is rolling and it won't stop, it will just speed up as more and more men are driven into subservient roles until a woman needs to do the work and that's where the buck stops.

When society runs out of men to sacrifice this whole house of feminist cards will fall and western society will be picked off by foreign cultures.

Enjoy the acid in your daughters faces because that is the world feminism creates, Sharia law for everyone.
You're...you're being satirical, right?

Feminism...causes women to have acid thrown in their faces. I see some problems in modern feminism, but making women MORE vulnerable...does not seem to be one of them.

repeating integers

Mar 17, 2010
magicmonkeybars said:

Checking through your posts reveals you to be the real deal.

God in heaven, what hath we gamers unleashed.

repeating integers

Mar 17, 2010
boots said:
magicmonkeybars said:

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and applaud you for the great satire.
I'd have liked to think so, but... [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/jump/6.407898.17031452]

magicmonkeybars

Gullible Dolt
Nov 20, 2007
boots said:
magicmonkeybars said:

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and applaud you for the great satire.
Thank you, it's been a pleasure to entertain you. :D

magicmonkeybars

Gullible Dolt
Nov 20, 2007
boots said:
OhJohnNo said:
I'd have liked to think so, but... [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/jump/6.407898.17031452]
Maybe he's just really in character. Like a method actor. Except in this case he's a method poster. Is that a thing?

Either that or he is actually Beardy McArmchair himself.
Just a little foresight and careful planning I fear.
Too easy really.

DementedSheep

Jan 8, 2010
The preview image alone makes me want to punch him in the face.
I got 1 minute in and can?t be fucked watching anymore. Maybe he has something amazing and insightful to say at some point but there no way in hell I?m watching 15 minutes of that crap to find out.
Why are there so many thread like this on this site? Do you guys intentionally go trying to find the worst You-Tubers and bloggers?

bananafishtoday

Nov 30, 2012
Froggy Slayer said:
bananafishtoday said:
Srsly this guy should run for president of Reddit or something.
You think Reddit is the pinnacle of internet misogyny.

How quaint.

...unless you want your illusions shattered, never go onto 4chan.
Not that I'm saying it absolves them of anything (god no), but...

The difference between /b/tards and Redditors is that /b/tards actually know they're assholes.

magicmonkeybars said:

Lionsfan

I miss my old avatar
Jan 29, 2010
Octorok said:
Hahahaha. Hahahahahahhahaha. Oh my.

Wow.

I didn't even know people like this existed , much less produced Youtube videos. What gets me isn't the awful content, but the pathetic presentation.

There he is, in his chair, dispensing his words of wisdom while smoking and impersonating Russ Pitts/Kane. It's like he's not in on his own joke, and that joke is that he's trying so hard, yet missing so much. He's so high on his own fuckwittery he apparently has no sense of self-awareness.

I am actually a little amazed that anyone could possibly have this combination of traits, this monstrous egomania and not have been beaten to death yet.

Still, watch the entire video, it's good for a laugh. And, as has been noted, his performance/content is fascinating in its own way. The way people are interested in the motives of serial killers, I am intrigued by this man. I am forced to wonder - why is he? And how did he come to be so?

Also, the comments are a (depressing) goldmine.
Is he even really smoking though? I mean his inhales are really tiny, and I don't see any smoke leaving his lungs either.

That, and the "sipping" on water just makes me laugh and laugh and laugh and laugh

Froggy Slayer

Jul 13, 2012
bananafishtoday said:
Not that I'm saying it absolves them of anything (god no), but...

The difference between /b/tards and Redditors is that /b/tards actually know they're assholes.
Hey, I'm a /b/tard myself and I'm only horrible to women on Tuesdays and Fridays.

And on Hannukah.

Lionsfan

I miss my old avatar
Jan 29, 2010
So I just finished watching the whole thing.

All you females out there. If you don't settle down, and have babies in your 20's, and only with white boys, then you're betraying the future, and your country!

Make the right choice

[sub][sub][sub][sub][sub][sub][sub]Why do I get the feeling this guy has never gotten laid before?[/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub]

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
How much of a **** is that guy?
I don't know, I stopped at 15 seconds

Where did you dig this up OP?