Denis Dyack Wants to Finish Too Human Trilogy

PureIrony

Slightly Sarcastic At All Times
Aug 12, 2010
Least favorite? Yeah, thats how I would describe Yahtzee's demeanor towards that game.

That being said, I don't think auteur games should be made. A lot of people's ideas go into making a good game: this kind of game design doesn't work for the same reason dictatorships don't work.

utopaline

Jan 28, 2011
this game made me ashamed that I lived in St Catherines Ontario. ASHAMED, I was one of those "those guys are from here, cool huh?" after it came out I was like... Hmmm, I can find this assholes house if I pick up the phone book.......

it's not hard to make the next one better...just take EVERYTHING you did in 1, and do the opposite....easy

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
I would rather SK stop making games. The only legitimately GOOD title they ever made was Blood Omen. Dyack's beloved pet project doesn't deserve to be finished

fozzy360

I endorse Jurassic Park
Oct 20, 2009
Mr. Omega said:
If Assassin's Creed has taught me anything, it's that if there's some potential to be found, give it a second chance.
Excellent point. The first Creed was incredibly boring, but Ubi bounced back and delivered two incredibly fun games. Who's to say Silicon Knights can't do the same?

Now, I liked Too Human probably more than I should have. I was intrigued by the setting, the story, and what not, but the game was flawed to hell. That said, if Dyack and SK want, they can make a damn good game out of it. If Dyack stops being a whiny ego-maniac and SK stops making high-level gear useless late in the game with stupidly scaled enemies, we might just get a good sequel.

By the way, I enjoyed the Valkyrie death scenes, if only for wonderful little piece of music that accompanied it.

Podunk

Dec 18, 2008
As people have said already, what they need to do is make a current-gen sequel to Eternal Darkness. That could be something wonderful.

Louzerman102

Mar 12, 2011
I will never forget playing too human when my father noticed the television and noted "That guy runs like he has a stick up his (you probably know what goes here)." I paused for a second then had to agree that my father was completely right.

ultrachicken

Dec 22, 2009
I'd be okay with these guys taking another crack at it, but they had damn well better have learned a lot after their last fuck up.

Kevin7557

May 31, 2008
Having checked this legal case out a couple times Silicon Knights is in the right i'm afraid. Epic did screw its code customers.

Nobby

Nov 13, 2009
I loved that game for it's universe, a new one with good game play would please me greatly.

LGC Pominator

Feb 11, 2009
I enjoyed too human for what it was (but I think I may have been playing it more for the Norse mythology) I think the entertainment value was entirely derived from your own personal interest in the idea of taking the legends of the norse gods and applying them to a futuristic world, it worked for me because I am a big fan of both Norse mythology and Futurey-mechy-shooty stuff, on top of that I didn't suffer from the camera issues many complained about and the combat flowed quite well with my weapon set up, the enemy scaling got quite silly towards the end there, you really need a "low level" enemy to break up the constant encounters with enemies that will absolutely tear your shit up whenever you are within hammer swinging distance.

So yeah, I think I should go and hide, this week I have claimed to not have enjoyed half life 2 and portal so much, liked Dragon age 2, Kane and lynch and halo, and now Too human on top of that... the forums probably hate me right now!

Trolldor

Jan 20, 2011
Diamondback One said:
I don't care what people say: I loved Too Human.

And I am happy to hear that it may be coming back. Of course, tweaks and fixing it up wouldn't hurt, and might add some new blood to the co-op community.
This.

By the end of the game I was genuinely interested in where the story was going, in seeing more of the world.

Riobux

Apr 15, 2009
Interesting between making a sequel to Eternal Darkness and Too Human, they chose the later.

Midniqht

Beer Quaffer
Jul 10, 2009
I may be a sucker for punishment, but I legitimately enjoyed Too Human. It did have its cons, for sure, but something about it kept me playing nonstop to max out my character and hoard the best equipment. I think the fun also depended on the class you were playing, which isn't a point in its favor, as all classes should be equally fun, but still... I'd definitely give a 2nd and 3rd game a try.