Describe your Avatar

IceForce

Is this memes?
Legacy
Dec 11, 2012
Bob_McMillan said:
Seriously though, why is the Escapist's default profile pic a dude wearing a hat? Why a hat?
Well, you can make it a Santa hat instead, if you want:

I originally made ^this avatar one christmas ages ago as a joke (because everyone was putting Santa hats on their avatars), but I never ended up using it.

Dizchu

...brutal
Sep 23, 2014
Peridot from Steven Universe. Best character in the series so far with an interesting character arc.

Leg End

Romans 12:18
Oct 24, 2010
Country
United States
Currently of George Motherfucking Washington brandishing an AK and speaking the ultimate truth. Found it in a magical place.
Previously was of the white blob alien from Rick and Morty that invented Teenyverses. Screencapped that.
Before that, was Sakura and Tomoyo glancing at each other as they tilted their heads inward and Tomoyo was thinking something fun. Screencapped that as was my avatar since forever and I probably should change back to that. Probably will not long after this post.

Dizchu said:
Peridot from Steven Universe. Best character in the series so far with an interesting character arc.
Peritoilet as she wonders where she's going to put the star.

infohippie

Oct 1, 2009
Kotomi Ichinose from Clannad, because she was my favourite anime character for a long time. These days I really should replace it with a pic of Kuroneko from OreImo, but I am lazy.

FirstNameLastName

Premium Fraud
Nov 6, 2014
My Avatar is of a swift fox, the swiftestDISCLAIMER: Fox may be less swift than advertised. and cutest of all foxes.

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
My avatar is "Dude", the protagonist from a weird Russian game called Full Pipe - it's a story about some guy who gets stuck in the sewers under his bed, after he went down there to retrieve his sandal.

I picked him (from the game's website), because at the time I was going through a Russian Cartoonist phase. I've not had the heart to change him, years later.

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
It's Gundham Tanaka, your overlord of all humanity and the best character in the Danganronpa series. Which I've been really getting into lately. Can't wait for 2 to actually be available on Steam.

[Edit: A few other people have been admitting to frequently changing their avatars, and I used to be like that when I posted more often. The only one who's been in this slot more than once, though, and the first one I ever used, was Youmu Konpaku from Touhou, who also happens to be my waifu.]

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
SolidState said:
I can't actually see any avatars. All I can see is this stupid thing:

Guess who pressed the red button. It'll stay that way for 24 hours, then go back to normal. ...it's been around long enough, I'm surprised people still click on it.

SmallHatLogan

Jan 23, 2014
Steven (from Time Fcuk) wearing Dr Fetus's (from Super Meat Boy) hat. Both characters are featured in The Binding of Isaac.

I photoshopped my avatar from these two images.

Why did I choose this one? I don't know. I just really like The Binding of Isaac.

leet_x1337 said:
SolidState said:

Guess who pressed the red button. It'll stay that way for 24 hours, then go back to normal. ...it's been around long enough, I'm surprised people still click on it.
I clicked on the red button when I was relatively new here. Then more recently for some reason I clicked on it again, when I was on my own profile page no less. Apparently I'm a colossal moron.

SolidState

May 30, 2015
leet_x1337 said:
SolidState said:

Guess who pressed the red button. It'll stay that way for 24 hours, then go back to normal.
Haha, no dude, it's been like that for months. I ended up turning off avatars completely to make it go away. (Which is actually not as bad as it sounds, because having no avatars displayed improves site load times quite nicely.)

Actually, who was the person who originally said it "only lasts for 24 hours"? Because that person is a liar.

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
SolidState said:
Haha, no dude, it's been like that for months. I ended up turning off avatars completely to make it go away. (Which is actually not as bad as it sounds, because having no avatars displayed improves site load times quite nicely.)

Actually, who was the person who originally said it "only lasts for 24 hours"? Because that person is a liar.
Might actually be a bug, then. Try emptying your cache/cookies. Or ask a mod or someone about it.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Imperioratorex Caprae said:
Azreal the cat/Azreal from Batman mashup. Looked pretty cool, snagged it off a random search. :)
Huh, so it is Azrael (PS its Azrael, not Azreal. Don't ask me to pronounce it though). I have always suspected it to be so, but, well, its a fucking cat.

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
Mine is a little spoiler-ish from Danganronpa. Some people know it *eyes leet_x1337* and it is an awesome series. Plus, this shows off the craziness that happens when The Escapist does its March Madness thingy. Guess they aren't doing it this year, but this stays for the month of March...usually. I let it stay for an entire year because I liked it that much.

Also, despite what some people say, Ibuki Mioda is the best character from the Danganronpa series.

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
CrazyCapnMorgan said:
Also, despite what some people say, Ibuki Mioda is the best character from the Danganronpa series.

I'll admit Ibuki's pretty fun as well, probably second, or third to Byakuya,[footnote]
the original one anyway
[/footnote] but everything about Gundham, particularly the role he plays in the story, is just impossible to beat and I defy you to explain otherwise.

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
It just matches up perfectly with my username, so I thought "Perfect, why not?"

I'll probably change it soon though.

Revolutionary

Pub Club Am Broken
May 30, 2009
It's Dr. Algernop Krieger from the animated show Archer (although I'd imagine quite a few knew that). I love the trope of the psychopathic character that people just ignore, and Krieger is such a good execution of that gag.

At least it was Krieger until it randomly broke across the entire site.