Describe your Avatar

JaKandDaxter

War does change
Jan 10, 2009
Where does your profile pic originate from ? Any particular reason you are fond of that pic to help represent your forum personality. And what is ultimately the most recognizable aspect of your forum posts. Or you can describe why you just prefer the default avatar.

Good OP goes first. Well mine is from the Jak and Daxter video game series from Naughty Dog. I was a big fan of the series since the original released on the PS2. And the franchise ultimately got me more interested in the Playstation brand despite owning a PSone. I also am referred to at times as "Jack" in person, and don't mind being called Jack either despite it not being my actual name. So my username Jak also suits me well.

Ten Foot Bunny

I'm more of a dishwasher girl
Mar 19, 2014
Because I'm lookin' at you, kid...

Seriously though, I use an actual picture of me because it keeps me honest. I don't say anything online that I wouldn't say in real life, so it makes no difference to me if people see my face. Also, tensions ease when you give up a little bit of the internet anonymity that too many people hide behind in lieu of taking responsibility for their online behavior.

And maybe some narcissism thrown in too. ;)

Kolby Jack

Come at me scrublord, I'm ripped
Apr 29, 2011
It's Ray Narvaez Jr!...'s GTA character doing jazz hands next to a wacky-waving-inflatable-arm-flailing-tube-man. In the video it comes from he says he's having a dance off. I just thought it was a funny image.

kurokotetsu

Proud Master
Sep 17, 2008
My avatar is a Triskelion, the symbol of the BDSM community. I use it to show that side of me, which I'm pretty proud and that I like, and other pictures I would want to show off of my submissive would proabbly not fly in a PG 13 forum.So I chose the simple but quite significant triskelion that shows what I am, a produ BDSM dominant sadist.

ThatOtherGirl

Jul 20, 2015
My avatar is a chibi drawing of Gwendolyn from Odin Sphere. Love the game and all the characters, especially the Gwendolyn/Oswald pairing. I used to use the Dark Knight Oswald as my avatar, but I switched over to Gwendolyn recently for reasons.

KyuubiNoKitsune-Hime

Lolita Style, The Best Style!
Jan 12, 2010
My current avatar is a Sylveon in front of a trans pride flag, the flag because I'm trans and proud, the Sylveon because of a few reasons actually. The first is that Sylveon is an adorable Pokemon, possibly the most adorable, the second is because Sylveons are one of two trans pride color themed Pokemon, the other being Milotic. The last reason is because Eevee and the Eeveelutions are among my most favorite and Glaceon and Sylveon now tie for first in my book.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
I decided to get spiteful back in the days when white knight was a term. Apparently this guy is from Demon's Souls, the only Soulborne game I never played.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
It goes something like this...

Enclave Soldier: I wear a monocle now. Monocles are cool.

KyuubiNoKitsune-Hime

Lolita Style, The Best Style!
Jan 12, 2010
FalloutJack said:
Funny thing, with the monocle I always imagined your avatar speaking with a German accent... Sounding like the Johann Kraus character from Hellboy 2.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
It's a little cartoon self portrait that I drew back when I still drew. I'm less colour coordinated in real life.

Eh, I couldn't tell you about the most recognizable aspects of my posts. Maybe I should start using pink font to stand out.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
KyuubiNoKitsune-Hime said:
FalloutJack said:
Funny thing, with the monocle I always imagined your avatar speaking with a German accent... Sounding like the Johann Kraus character from Hellboy 2.
Enclave Soldier: Jah, zat is right. Ze nice Germans... Vait, Nein NEIN!! American! Definitely American! Just because of ze FEV's eugenic propeties does not mean ve're into racial purity! Zere vas no third man! I am not German!

Actually, it was in reference to Unforgotten Realms.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
It's an orc. Unit portrait from a little open-source game called Battle for Wesnoth.

I use it because the expression on his face always makes me chuckle.

NPC009

Don't mind me, I'm just a NPC
Aug 23, 2010
People kept assuming I was male because of the default avatar, so I decided I needed something else. I like Dragon Quest and slimes are cute, so, yeah.

Probably not helping with the gender confusing, though.

madwarper

Mar 17, 2011
Way back in the day, I was a regular on the MtG forums, and the masses could only choose from the a select set of avatars from WotC properties. So, I choose [mtg_card=Wyluli Wolf]. Then, after winning a Combo's contest during their Uncon, one of the rewards was the usage of a custom avatar. Being the infinitely creative person that I am, I kept using the same avatar, but simply inverted the colors to differentiate myself. I've been using it ever since.

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
It's Kumiko Oumae from Sound Euphonium, the reason why I chose her is mainly because I really liked that show and she's not only the main character but a character that I happen to find very relatable, mostly because when she starts off she basically is just me, there are even a couple of scenes in which she finds herself in the situations that are extremely similar to ones I was in and she reacts pretty much the exact same way I did, I'd never seen a character so close to me in any other piece of media before so I thought I may as well just use her as my avatar.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
My is just DJ PON3 gif from MLP:FiM season 3.

During the rise of the fandom, everyone was using all sort of ponies as their avatar including me but I wanted something more unquie looking. I came across DJ PON3 debut from season 1 gif and I knew I got to have that as an avatar cos no one on here had her (or so I thought).

I kept her a while until season 2 and I notice that Channgling Queen trnsformation scene can be loop (I like gif to be looped) so I asked someone on here to turn it into an Avatar size gif and then I used her for a while until season 3 with DJ PON3 again.

I notice I was changing the avatar per seasons but I kinda just stop with season 4 eventhought I did saw something that can be turned into a gif avatar again involving DJ PON3.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
So, my profile pic. It's an extension of myself, my being. It perfectly encapsulates my personality, and echoes the pain I feel from the loss of my uncle when I was a wee lad. Every time I look at it, it brings a rush of memories and a tear runs down my face.

Seriously though, why is the Escapist's default profile pic a dude wearing a hat? Why a hat?

I never really bother changing my profile pic in the accounts I make, even my Facebook account. I am never satisfied, with my love for so many different genres and mediums and franchises and whatnot.