Describe your city/town in two words

The Lunatic

Princess
Jun 3, 2010
Grouchy Imp said:
You mean Penrith, Cumbria?

I kid, I kid. Penrith's a cool enough town, nice little rural market town on the edge of the Lake District. In two words? Err, 'rural market-town' I guess.
I actually quite liked Penrith on my brief visits to it.

I never stayed too long, it was more just a place to stop over on my way to Carlisle though. But, as somebody who has lived their lives mostly in cities, it was a nice change of pace.

As far my current location goes:

"Old, New".

Mar 30, 2010
The Lunatic said:
I never stayed too long, it was more just a place to stop over on my way to Carlisle though.
A lay-off on the way to Carlisle huh? So how is the amphetamine business doing?

[sub][sub]I'm having a pop at Carlisle, not you. :p[/sub][/sub]

The Lunatic

Princess
Jun 3, 2010
Grouchy Imp said:
The Lunatic said:
I never stayed too long, it was more just a place to stop over on my way to Carlisle though.
A lay-off on the way to Carlisle huh? So how is the amphetamine business doing?

[sub][sub]I'm having a pop at Carlisle, not you. :p[/sub][/sub]
Judging by Carlisle itself, I'd say pretty well, honestly!

I went to University in Carlisle for a bit. Was okay. Transferred elsewhere.

Jodokh

Oct 2, 2012
Quick BC- agricultural and freedom

Smithers BC- irrogrant yuppies or self-destructive

I like where I grew up but, not the closet town though that place is so hypocrictal and stupid.

Jodokh

Oct 2, 2012
RedDeadFred said:
Airdrie -almost Calgary
Haha that's so true! I'm up in olds going to school, it fools me every time I'm driving down to the city.

JagermanXcell

Oct 1, 2012
Santa Clarita, CA - Literally Average.

Nothing goes on in this semi bustling town of bi-polar weather patterns. Perfect venue for serial killers trying to start a new quiet life since it's quite hospitable, but again, nothing special.... it's impossible to get a job here if that counts.

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
Former goldmine

Seems about the most accurate. There's no real way to describe it that well in just two words. It's a smallish not particularly significant city, but it has a few oldish grand impressive looking buildings, because once upon a time there was a lot of gold in the area, and it was very wealthy back then.

stroopwafel

Elite Member
Jul 16, 2013
Amsterdam/Netherlands - Open minded. Tourists probably know it for the obvious reasons, but other than that it's a really nice town with lots of history and culture. Also if you like tall blond chicks on bicycles, you've come to the right place. :p

Phasmal

Sailor Jupiter Woman
Jun 10, 2011
Cambridge- Fucking cyclists.

Like seriously so many cyclists.
Also way too many people in general.
Cambridge would be nicer without all the bloody people, but that's generally how I feel about most places I suppose.

Caiphus

Social Office Corridor
Mar 31, 2010
Auckland - Superb Mathematical Education

Seriously, it's great. I was top of my class and everything.

Rylot

May 14, 2010
Fucking Hipsters- Austin Texas. Austin is such a weird city. Half of it feels like San Francisco with tons of Hispanic culture in one of the most conservative states.

Ieyke

Jul 24, 2008
Houston's the 4th largest city in the US, so I'm giving it 6 words.

"everything but mountains & good weather"

Johnny Impact

Aug 6, 2008
Turnpike Exit

When my family first moved to the flyspeck town, that's all it was: a place to switch from US highways to the toll road and back. We had one off-brand grocery store, two off-brand sandwich shops, and only two traffic lights. The road we lived on was two miles of dirt. My school had less than 100 kids in each year. Hard to get more rural.

Now we've got McDonald's, Dunkin Donuts, Subway, Hannaford, a dozen of those white-bread, middle-class housing developments with names like Shadybrook Village, and the town center has been re-engineered twice for improved traffic flow.

Frezzato

Oct 17, 2012
Eclipse Dragon said:
Retire Here

Retired people make up the majority of the population. They also like the beaches and gambling.
Ha ha, Florida. Yeah...

"Unlicensed, uninsured" just about sums it up for my neck of the woods. Strangely enough, it applies to more than just driving a car down here.

Sam Warrior

Feb 13, 2010
Corby- Scottish chavs.
Its the largest collection of Scottish people outside of Scotland and its absolutely full of chavs although they are slowly being out competed by the eastern Europeans who actually want a job.