Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
Yug said:
megaman24681012 said:
Anti Nudist Cupcake said:
Holy fucking shit!
I NEVER KNEW YAHTZEE WAS THIS POPULAR!
First Duke Nukem, now this! I guess these developers are hoping to get Yahtzee's opinion on how to improve their game. Or get a ZP seal of approval. ^.^
Lol ... I love how everyone assumes it's all because of Yahtzee :p
Heh, isn't it four of you guys who own it together? You, Yahtzee and two others?

Anyway, a bit off-topic here, but do you guys have any plans to open any more Mana Bars anytime soon? Even if it's just another one or two in Australia (though as a Brit I so desperately want to see one open up in Blighty at some point!)?

Kermi

Elite Member
Nov 7, 2007
Trivun said:
Yug said:
megaman24681012 said:
Holy fucking shit!
First Duke Nukem, now this! I guess these developers are hoping to get Yahtzee's opinion on how to improve their game. Or get a ZP seal of approval. ^.^
Lol ... I love how everyone assumes it's all because of Yahtzee :p
Heh, isn't it four of you guys who own it together? You, Yahtzee and two others?

Anyway, a bit off-topic here, but do you guys have any plans to open any more Mana Bars anytime soon? Even if it's just another one or two in Australia (though as a Brit I so desperately want to see one open up in Blighty at some point!)?
I believe they've hinted they'll be expanding to Sydney and Melbourne fairly soon.

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
Onyx Oblivion said:
I have confidence in the game to turn out well.
I have NO confidence, but seeing how often they try to show off their game, I'm starting to second guess myself. If they knew the game was crap or an insult to the fans of the original, I think they'd be a little more hush-hush about the game until it's out.

Anti Nudist Cupcake

Mar 23, 2010
The Gentleman said:
Holy fucking shit!
Well, he did essentially get two major studios to bow to his slightly sadistic personality [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/columns/extra-punctuation/6228-Yahtzees-Prototype-vs-InFamous-Challenge].

Plus, I wonder if they'll realize that this kind of stuff will probably only make him rip into the games harder?
Holy cow....
I never knew of those before.
I knew about the tie breaker, but companies actually taking it up? HOLY CRAP!

Before you know it, yahtzee will be so powerful that he will make all sequels to games illegal...

O.O

THAT'S HIS PLAN! WE MUST STOP HIM! IT'S ALL UP TO US NOW!

(tears shirt open to reveal super hero outfit underneath)

du du du duuuuuuuun!

Freechoice

Dec 6, 2010
Signa said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
I have NO confidence, but seeing how often they try to show off their game, I'm starting to second guess myself. If they knew the game was crap or an insult to the fans of the original, I think they'd be a little more hush-hush about the game until it's out.
They're showing off parts of it. Deus Ex had the right blend of camp, weapons, mods and levels that playing it multiple times was fun. Adam sounds like he enjoys cigarettes so much that he just stuck some in his throat. That whole, "I don't even know whose side I'm on," bullshit is just one of those bad excuses for mock characterization. If the E3 demo is to be believed, Adam tries to be the heroic victim, but he kills mooks with such enthusiasm that I can't take it seriously.

4:24

That just irritated me to no end.

Besides, Squenix is always about the flash, never the substance. Sure, they aren't the devs, but that doesn't stop them from mucking about in it. They have to get a return on their investment. What better way than to homogenize one of the greatest PC games for the console crowd? They [the console players] get cool special effects and the glorious PC gaming master race gets to see their holy grail set alight in HD.

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
Freechoice said:
Signa said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
They're showing off parts of it. Deus Ex had the right blend of camp, weapons, mods and levels that playing it multiple times was fun. Adam sounds like he enjoys cigarettes so much that he just stuck some in his throat. That whole, "I don't even know whose side I'm on," bullshit is just one of those bad excuses for mock characterization. If the E3 demo is to be believed, Adam tries to be the heroic victim, but he kills mooks with such enthusiasm that I can't take it seriously.

Besides, Squenix is always about the flash, never the substance. Sure, they aren't the devs, but that doesn't stop them from mucking about in it. They have to get a return on their investment. What better way than to homogenize one of the greatest PC games for the console crowd? They [the console players] get cool special effects and the glorious PC gaming master race gets to see their holy grail set alight in HD.
uhyup. Cover based combat, and full disclosure of your enemy's position with those IR goggles. Not going to be worth getting hyped about at all now.

aaronmcc

Oct 18, 2008
Freechoice said:

I really am glad they post-poned it to polish it up cuz it doesn't very good IMHO

EeviStev

Mar 2, 2011
The Gentleman said:
I wonder if they'll realize that this kind of stuff will probably only make him rip into the games harder?
I wonder if they care? (Answer: No)

viper3 said:
*Leans back with a massive grin* Now you all know how it feels to be an Australian only getting to read about all the gaming expos in the states.
I know EXACTLY how you feel.