Developer Shrugs Off Controversial Modern Warfare 3 Leak

Frizzle

Nov 11, 2008
This is a big deal, but a movie about a guy's daughter who gets kidnapped so she can be sold into sexual slavery never has a peep made about it. AND it's considered a great movie. One day I'll understand people..

lol who am I kidding. No I won't.

Versuvius

Apr 30, 2008
Well it is MODERN WARFARE where WAR IN THE MODERN WORLD often has atrocities, which i assume in the game will be avenged or a driving force for the 'good guys'. Being offended or apalled at IMAGES SIMILAR TO REALISTIC EVENTS IN WAR IN A GAME CALLED MODERN WARFARE shows just quite how much of a rage-prone Daily Mail reader they are.

I dislike CoD in general; but i will defend it against stupid peoples outrage for stupid reasons where movies that have had critical acclaim did worse. The Pianist, some nazi's threw a man in a wheelchair out of a window. BAN THAT SICK FILTH BECAUSE I WANT TO PRETEND IT NEVER HAPPENED.

Rant over

Outlaw Torn

Dec 24, 2008
Frostbite3789 said:
Outlaw Torn said:
So where do they go from here for MW4? Terrorists nuking a summer camp for mentally handicapped, ethnic minorities with cancer on the day their brought their cute puppies along? Terrorists break in to a German art gallery and mop up all of the contemporary paint stains? Terrorists go on a strike over their pensions and get screwed over by Government cuts? Terrorists drive through the desert from Tucson to Las Vegas, needing to steer left every so often due to a mechanical fault with their bus? The fiends!

I also copyright all of those concepts (except the obvious one). You heard (read) me Kotick!
Oh no! The terrorists have targeted the School for the Blind and Little Girls! Sir, there are even some blind little girls there!
Not the little blind girls, they never saw it coming! =(

ViciousTide

Aug 5, 2011
So where can i get this again pulled from Youtube Leaked Game Video?

MAN! Youtube must be losing a fortune in Ads from having to pull all these leaked Videos!

Us Pirates would like some of that booty! I guess us pirates have to dress up in suits and Play pretend as CEO of Billion Dollar Corporations that run the World as we see fit. This I do, but i rather sail the open seas again!

Versuvius

Apr 30, 2008
ViciousTide said:
So where can i get this again pulled from Youtube Leaked Game Video?

MAN! Youtube must be losing a fortune in Ads from having to pull all these leaked Videos!

Us Pirates would like some of that booty! I guess us pirates have to dress up in suits and Play pretend as CEO of Billion Dollar Corporations that run the World as we see fit. This I do, but i rather sail the open seas again!
Yo ho, raise the colours...

ViciousTide

Aug 5, 2011
"So where do they go from here for MW4? Terrorists nuking a summer camp for mentally handicapped, ethnic minorities with cancer on the day their brought their cute puppies along?"

LMAO! I am making this my facebook status, it's that great!

dimensional

Jun 13, 2011
So even more people are talking about MW3 just before its release Infinity Ward must be horrified over that`leak` doing this to them.

JoJoDeathunter said:
Perhaps this isn't necessarily a bad thing, much of the younger end of the target audience for COD probably have a glorified vision of what war is like, showing them that actually it's often the innocent and vulnerable who get hurt can't do any harm and it may make them think about conflict in a new light.
I doubt it all it will make them think is cool explosion this looks great and to be fair why would you care about a bunch of polygons that you only see for a few seconds? but I dont believe COD has ever really tried to show what war is like, why would it? reality dosent usually equate to great gaming MW to me has always felt like a fast arcadey shooter and thats not a bad thing if I wanted to play a game that focuses more on the emotional strains and strengths war can affect people with I would play something like Valkyria Chronicles.

Ok that is a bit long but what I am trying to say is young males always have a glamourous view of war (exeptions if they have had experience) it seems inbuilt and I dont think a CG or event in a game (especially one like cod) will cause them much reflection.

ViciousTide

Aug 5, 2011
How many of you will play thru MW3's campaign now? I rather watch of film of it on youtube, it's quicker and less of a waste of my gaming time.

Wicky_42

Sep 15, 2008
... it's a cutscene, right? Like as in a film? I dun ged what grounds there is for fuss, go go Mark Rubin.

ViciousTide

Aug 5, 2011
I rather think raping and ravishing a victimized NPC of War that gave into it pleasurbaly would generate a better Media Buzz frenzy.

They should have went with that cut scene. I guess they will save it for their first DLC.

Viral_Lola

Jul 13, 2009
I don?t think terrorist care if they kill kids but honestly, the shock and awe is gone. I want the sneaky stealth missions back.

MDSnowman

Apr 8, 2004
What that's Infinity Ward? I can't hear your cries for attention over my total lack of interest.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
I wish games didn't do this. I understand that war doesn't care about your age and that they're trying to make a point about how bad these guys are, but I still don't want to watch it. It makes me uneasy. I wonder if they'll give the option to skip it again?

ViciousTide

Aug 5, 2011
I wonder if I can show this clip to President Obama and get out of the upcoming draft!

If i sell my citizenship for 100 Yen, do I have to go to war again?

Robert Ewing

Mar 2, 2011
So why are films allowed to depict this, but games aren't? I've seen shit 10x worse than this in films, and even in cartoons...

Even if they use the argument 'Well, it's your actions as its a game' It's a CUTSCENE of the game. You can't do anything, it's just a slightly low quality CG film equivalent.

Panzervaughn

Jul 19, 2009
You can't get upset over one childs death, and not when you drop on nuclear bomb on a generic middleeastern city probably full of thousands.

The scene serves to go "knock knock" Whos there? "SHIT. AND I JUST GOT REAL YO"
It is SUPPOSED to be shocking. You go "FUCK. BADGUYS. RAAAAAAAAAAGHSNARL. I AM EMOTIONALLY INVOLVED NOW."

Besides, who plays the singleplayer?